English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 24 July 2009, 19:40   #1
amigamaniac

Happy RGB to PAL/NTSC adapters @ AUD$30-33 each!

Hi all,

My RGB to PAL/NTSC adapter project is ready for sale. Full and comprehensive details, including photos are on my website:

http://www.amigamaniac.com

I'm selling them fully assembled from AUD$30 (no connectors), for Amiga & non-Amiga applications, to AUD$33 for a fully assembled and tested unit ready to use on an Amiga - just plug it in!

It outputs both Composite and S-Video.
Old 24 July 2009, 22:23   #2
Photon

Hm, interesting. Might try this with my car LCD/A1200 later on, since it didn't seem to like my A600 composite.
Old 25 July 2009, 20:06   #3
amigamaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
Hm, interesting. Might try this with my car LCD/A1200 later on, since it didn't seem to like my A600 composite.
You know what, I don't think I've tried to use my adapter with my Amiga and LCD TV. I'm not sure it would make a difference. I think I only tried the composite out provided by my A1200 and A600. I might have to have a play around later today...it's 4am here
Old 25 July 2009, 20:36   #4
kipper2k

this design works great using S-video input to a plasma tv on each model i tried (500, 600 and 1200)
Old 26 July 2009, 09:22   #5
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Put me down for 2 please sir!
Old 26 July 2009, 10:25   #6
mihcael
Zone Friend

Yep, i would like 1 plaese, completed.

nopaypal, direct bank deposit?
Old 26 July 2009, 17:04   #7
amigamaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigamaniac View Post
You know what, I don't think I've tried to use my adapter with my Amiga and LCD TV. I'm not sure it would make a difference. I think I only tried the composite out provided by my A1200 and A600. I might have to have a play around later today...it's 4am here
As I expected, on my cheap 'n nasty, brand you never heard of LCD TV, it can't display nuffink from the Amiga, except in interlaced mode, which looks like total shite.
Old 26 July 2009, 17:15   #8
amigamaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihcael View Post
Yep, i would like 1 plaese, completed.

nopaypal, direct bank deposit?
As a fellow Aussie, that would be your choice

I've just gotta make a couple sans connectors for kipper2k first...then I'll start hassling people that want one

And completely unrelated to this beastie, our hot water heater packed it in last night. So I have not been able to shave or shower today, so I feel, look, and will probably soon smell like a hobo I wasn't quite man enough to have a cold shower...it is winter here you know. And my sensitive skin requires hot water for a shave, to soften up those bristles of steel, otherwise I'll need a blood transfusion. Oh, what a hard life
Old 27 July 2009, 16:40   #9
amigamaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
If your LCD monitor won't work with the A600 or A1200 composite out, it won't work with my adapter either I think some LCD monitors cannot display a non-interlaced image. When I put my WB to interlaced mode, my LCD monitor works, but the picture is rubbish because of the flickering.

So if the LCD monitor is happy with the composite out of the Amiga, it will be happy with my adapter
Old 01 August 2009, 13:16   #10
Cammy

Hey everyone, I'd just like to let you all know that I have one of these adapters and it works very nicely, the S-Video output is rock solid! I'm in the process of setting up a few test Amigas and TVs to take pics of, which I'll post as soon as I can.
Old 01 August 2009, 15:11   #11
kipper2k

For the price of AU$33 you cant go wrong, especially as the Aussie dollar is worse than the Canadian Dollar at the moment. I think its great that peole are still developing for the Amiga and their efforts should be supported.
Old 03 August 2009, 02:07   #12
Cammy

Heya everyone! I have taken a few photos of the games room TV running Babylonian Twins through S-Video on my A500. Sorry about the size, but it's important to see the detail, and sorry about the angle I was on, the cord wasn;t long enough for me to sit right in front of the screen.

I'll post a link to a quick video we made once it finishes uploading to YouTube.

http://home.exetel.com.au/amiga/FirstLevel.jpg
http://home.exetel.com.au/amiga/TitleScreen.jpg
http://home.exetel.com.au/amiga/Spear.jpg
http://home.exetel.com.au/amiga/DogAttack.jpg

My TVs aren't very good, so hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to borrow an LCD TV and see how it looks though that!
Old 03 August 2009, 02:18   #13
Cammy

Well, my silly little video finally finished uploading properly after a few tries. You'll have to excuse the way I look, it was very late at night and I don't wear makeup so try not to throw up.

Unfortunately there's just no way to show the sharpness of the video output like this, but it at least shows that there's no rolling, or dot crawl, which I find are the most annoying problems with Composite.

I'll take more pics and videos soon!

Here's the video - [ Show youtube player ]
Old 03 August 2009, 14:01   #14
Cammy

Hey everyone, I've uploaded another video, this time showing the display on an LCD TV. It's great to see such a high resolution (1376 x 536 widescreen) coming from the Amiga without the need for more expensive hardware, and it's rock solid with no interlace thanks to this LCD TV.

Take a look here - [ Show youtube player ]
Old 03 August 2009, 15:04   #15
Anemos
70X7

nice videos Cammy
Old 06 August 2009, 17:15   #16
amigamaniac

Ja, Cammy is a princess Very nice of her indeed to go to all that effort on my behalf Actually, for everyone, not just me

Last edited by amigamaniac; 07 August 2009 at 15:03.
Old 13 November 2009, 11:04   #17
Anemos
70X7

I do question the amigamaniac for new batch, and said he would make new part if there is interest from some users.
I am interested, here can express their interest and others who want this converter.
Old 14 November 2009, 19:02   #18
desiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemos View Post
I do question the amigamaniac for new batch, and said he would make new part if there is interest from some users.
I am interested, here can express their interest and others who want this converter.
I've already let him know I was interested if he has another run, and I know there was a user on Amibay who also has checked with him..

So, that's at least 3.

It's frustrating for me, because I just got my Amiga a couple of months ago (if that) and started looking right away, and apparently I missed the run by a few weeks maybe. Aarrghh. My timing!!

Oh well, I'm not sure how much interest he'd need for another run, but if there's more people who missed it, and maybe some others of you who have them, but need some more (spares???)..

We'll see... Fingers crossed anyway.

desiv