English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 22 February 2009, 18:45   #1
Thalion
Amiga Collector

Ambermoon Playthrough/Walkthrough

Hi folks

After working quite too much for the last weeks i finally got into the mood of playing Ambermoon again again. Suddenly i got a maybe interesting idea.
I thought maybe it would be nice to record a Playthrough/Walkthrough of the game and of course put the videos online.
But before i start i would like to know if there is any interest in such a project as it will take a lot of time as Ambermoon is really a huge game.
So i'm asking you to post your opinions about this.
Let me know what you think.
Old 22 February 2009, 21:11   #2
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

How practical would a full recording be? How many hours is it?

As I've said many times in the past I've got a txt based walkthrough written in 1999 by a Thalion Webshrine fan called Michael Böhnisch.

It is very detailed but also concise. So much so that whilst reading for a hint on the bit you are stuck you accidentally read the solutions to the next few puzzles.

I have considered publishing it as is for many years (at the moment I use it to give hints & tips via email and on forums).

Maybe now is the time?

Anyone know how to copy protect written words published on the internet so no one can duplicate without permission?
Old 22 February 2009, 21:29   #3
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post

Anyone know how to copy protect written words published on the internet so no one can duplicate without permission?
Not really. You can always typewriting the text, no matter in what form you publish the original.
Old 22 February 2009, 21:35   #4
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Yeah but if I put enough correct copyright information on the page and within the text then 3rd party websites might think twice before stealing it.
Old 22 February 2009, 21:42   #5
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Create a jpg that looks like a scanned computer mag issue. Maybe that stop the most user from stealing it.
Old 22 February 2009, 22:54   #6
Thalion
Amiga Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
How practical would a full recording be? How many hours is it?

As I've said many times in the past I've got a txt based walkthrough written in 1999 by a Thalion Webshrine fan called Michael Böhnisch.
Think you miss the point. Its not the question of how usefull or how long the recording would be. I'm not doing it for walkthrough purposes in the first point. I have my own walkthrough wich answers everything. The Question is if someone would enjoy watching it. I for myself enjoy watching playthroughs of games even if or because i have completed them and i'm curious about how others do it or if i maybe missedsomething. So thats the question to answer.
Old 24 February 2009, 10:41   #7
st-th
Bad Taste Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
The Question is if someone would enjoy watching it.
Well, you can put ANYTHING on the net and someone will enjoy reading/watching it...

A recording would give people an idea of what the game is like, especially the later parts (gorgeous graphics on the forest moon for example) and might even make them start playing the game themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
I for myself enjoy watching playthroughs of games even if or because i have completed them and i'm curious about how others do it or if i maybe missedsomething.
Right. I completed Chaos Strikes Back and NetHack each multiple times but those 10 minute speed runs for CSB and <10000 turn ascensions for NetHack are impressive to watch.
Old 25 February 2009, 14:33   #8
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I for one would certainly love to see a full playthrough. I definitely want to play this game, but it takes too much time right now!
Old 25 February 2009, 14:49   #9
Thalion
Amiga Collector

Hm Okay eventhough not mich replay i have decided to one. So lets play.