English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 09 July 2013, 23:25   #1
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Smile Any talented sprite artists/animators here?

Hi, I post here ocassionaly and more often on amiga.org.
Ive been an amiga fan for years and am mostly over at openpandora.org.
Im currently working on a game called 'Spirit shard' for the pandora, ouya and other systems. Im handling the game design and story, as such the game document is approx 85% complete and should be finished in the coming weeks. There is me, a programmer/artist, a musician and a paid concept artist. We now require a good sprite artist and animator to collaborate with us on this project. All team members will get a percentage of all profits. We are just a bunch of guys starting out in the video-game business and are long time video-game fans.
If you are interested please provide a sample of previous work and feel free to ask any questions. Here's a video of the current game build [ Show youtube player ]
Old 10 July 2013, 00:06   #2
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
That two-faced fox is really disturbing!
Old 10 July 2013, 00:30   #3
Steve T

do you mean the game is nearly done (85%) apart from the sprite graphics?
Old 10 July 2013, 00:48   #4
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve T View Post
do you mean the game is nearly done (85%) apart from the sprite graphics?
Hi, Steve.
Nope. The game document that outlines everything in the games is nearly done. We have concept art for all the level one enemies and most of the boss's. The concept art is coming in regularly now. The game engine is in place and most of the editor to assemble levels. Mainly specific coding of enemy movement and shooting patterns + weapons still needs to be done.
We now feel we are ready to start creating graphics for and assembling level one.
Are you a sprite artist? I want to kick the production of this game up a notch and get things rolling.
Old 10 July 2013, 01:04   #5
Steve T

lol kinda, well, Not really, I'm actually a professional artist, I won't say professional games artist because most of my work is in other areas like 3d print design. I've worked on xbox 360 games (HaloIV last year) as 3d modeller. I also paint and animate. http://coolhandgraphics.blogspot.co.uk/ but really I try and avoid this type of arrangement, i'd perhaps consider it on a commission basis but you'd probably be able to find someone else who'll be willing.
Old 10 July 2013, 01:16   #6
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve T View Post
lol kinda, well, Not really, I'm actually a professional artist, I won't say professional games artist because most of my work is in other areas like 3d print design. I've worked on xbox 360 games (HaloIV last year) as 3d modeller. I also paint and animate. http://coolhandgraphics.blogspot.co.uk/ but really I try and avoid this type of arrangement, i'd perhaps consider it on a commission basis but you'd probably be able to find someone else who'll be willing.
What can i say you worked on halo 4? Pretty please. lol.
Some nice stuff at your site. This game is a passion project of mine tbh.
Would you be willing to consider it? What kind of commission prices do you charge. There would be about 50 enemies and about 10 boss's required to be drawn and animated in sprite art. Its retro styled so there would not be that many animation frames. Somehow though i doubt i could afford your rates.
Old 10 July 2013, 15:11   #7
Steve T

I do work for independents and start-ups too. Typically they won't want 1,000,000 triangle meshes for normal maps and so on - the covenant cruiser was a 20,000,000 mesh and took a month to complete, that was for high-end cut-scene animation, I had to buy a whole new computer practically to complete it.