English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 18 September 2020, 15:05   #1
Fiery Phoenix

Genetic Species - No Sound

Hope you can help as having some problems with the sound here.

I can install the game fine - I extracted the contents of the ISO to a directory and pointed WinUAE to this folder.

Game loads fine (had some problems with config to make it run without memory errors) but running fine now using A3000 / 68040 settings (chip 2mb / fast 4mb / slow 1.5 mb)

Intro loads (with sound) however there is no in-game sound at all.

I enter the config settings in-game and go into Misc settings and set CD Music on

I enter engine settings and turn audio on - an error appears stating unable to allocate audio mode, close any audio tasks or reboot

Alas, still no in0-game sound

I then tried again and ran "usingcdlibs" this was successful and stated it will now run from the CD

However when I run the game the following appears after the intro - Cannot open "toccata.lbrary v12"

I select ok and a list of Generic Species Audio Interface's appear. I selected Paula 8 bit. The game loads, still no sound. Enter audio config and set to off again and same problems as above but states unable to save audio preference to EMVARC

I have entered WinUAE sound settings and changed from Paula to CD to AHI to see if I can get it working - no joy. Ticked include CD / FMV audio also, no luck again

Anyone managed to get this working with sound - it does look like a really nice FPS, maybe the best looking I have seen on the Amiga

Many thanks
Old 18 September 2020, 17:15   #2
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Phoenix View Post
Game loads fine (had some problems with config to make it run without memory errors) but running fine now using A3000 / 68040 settings (chip 2mb / fast 4mb / slow 1.5 mb)
What sort of weird configuration is that you've set?

Just set AGA / 68020 (or better) / KS 3.0 / 2MB Chip & 8MB Fast RAM.

Regarding sound; have you installed AHI?

Anyway, this isn't a "support.WinUAE" issue as the game runs fine if you've setup correctly... you should post in "support.Games".
Old 18 September 2020, 20:21   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Yeah, most likely something wrong with AHI settings. Make sure Music unit and Unit 0 to 3 all have correct device set.

Your config had Toccata sound card enabled, either accidentally or you had originally Toccata emulation enabled.
Old 18 September 2020, 20:41   #4
Fiery Phoenix

Cheers guys will give this a go over the weekend when I get a chance. Work commitments now.

I'll try that config. DamienD, agree strange setup, was trying all sorts to get it to run smooth, or errors about memory were appearing, was trying al sorts and probably over thought it!

Agree with you both about AHI, did see a thread about this below in this sub-section from 2008, a user posted a HD re-pack, which is still available. This repack had AHI in there along with other sound devices. Problem there was that the sound only from one speaker

Same problem with no sound when I tried it, so I tried to use the AHI installer that was in the HD pack, but error about unable to find C: Installer came up.

Only gave it a quick bash before I had to go, so will give another attempt Sunday / Monday. Will update if any luck. Cheers for taking time to reply
Old 19 September 2020, 10:41   #5
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Phoenix View Post
Same problem with no sound when I tried it, so I tried to use the AHI installer that was in the HD pack, but error about unable to find C: Installer came up.
Manually copy "Installer" files into the C directory, this is all it takes for it to work, AHI is indispensable to listen to Generic Species sound.

To run AHI Prefs if you do not use MUI, make sure that the "bgui.library" has been copied to SYS:LIBS
Old 20 September 2020, 23:09   #6
Fiery Phoenix

Many thanks - install of AHI worked a treat

The HD pack from NewDeli (found in this thread http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=39895) ran the game with sound perfectly - could not get the ISO one to work found on the TURRAN FTP search (may be me)