English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Gaming

Old 09 November 2019, 22:39   #1
jmmijo

Big grin Steam Library - Game Within the Game

OK, so this probably doesn't affect most of you if not all of you but here I go with the scenario:

Since I collect so many games, I use the Chrome/Firefox addon named Augmented Steam (was Enhanced Steam) for checking out my current library and then sorting by lowest price and hiding games/apps that I already own.

This works great for the most part and is helpful even if you don't have a library of my size as you can do custom filtering too.

Well since I like to purchase games I don't care if they are not available in ENG and are only available in some other language like Simplified Chinese, Spanish, French, German etc...

You get that notification that this game is NOT available in your preferred language.

What makes this a game within a game is that the game name is in that language and trying to find it from the web browser side to the Steam Client side can be a real challenge.

Frequently the name of the dev/pub is also in that language so you have to sort by genre, which depending on the game can be many different categories.

However you can note the publication date and then view by one of the categories and then sort by release date.

This can still make things difficult as you are doing this in the Steam Client so you can hide already owned games/apps.

I don't purchase within the Web Browser unless they are Free/F2P games/apps.

So anybody come across this while searching for games to purchase ?