English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Demos

Old 18 June 2011, 11:27   #1
SparkyNZ

Question AmigaDemobase Configuration Woes

Hi Everyone.

I have both WinUAE8.23 and Amiga Demobase installed on my PC.

WinUAE is set up fine as far as I can tell - I can load my Amiga games without problem.

When trying to run demos from the Gamebase front-end, I get a WinUAE message box complaining that it can find my rom files in a kickstarts\ folder.

Does anybody know how to change this location, or whereabouts I should have a kickstarts folder? I just have my .ROM files in a C:\Fellow folder like I have for several years. WinUAE is using the C:\Fellow folder when started on its own, so how can I change the folder that Gamebase is telling it to use?

Cheers
Sparky

Old 18 June 2011, 11:57   #2
SparkyNZ

I sorted it out - I changed the rom location in the GameBaseAmiga.UAE file and all is well. :-)

Old 23 February 2015, 09:50   #3
nzirbaloch

If the problem can be understood from deep inside, there might be a way out.

www.braindumps.com/testprep/pmp-exam.htm

Old 14 June 2015, 19:00   #4
methodman

I am trying to set the Amiga demobase up and am completely confused. Is there a setup that shows you how to configure it I have no idea how to oget the HDF files to work.Please there is all this wonderful stuff out there for WinUae with no one explaining how to use it.

Each Demobase, gamebase comes with its own Amiga winuae. I created a HD directory from that Demobase or Gamebase home directory and it shows up in every winuae installation. I am sorry I am confused and have failed in every attempt to make any of the gamebases or demobases to work. The only guide I see is the green guide which is what I have been using. Is there an explanation somewhere as how to set the demobase and gamebase up? Thank you for your patience and advice.
Old 25 June 2015, 03:37   #5
methodman

Continuation

I discovered that Winuae Loader is set up to run the demobase. but one thing I am confused is there are so many Amiga entrances scattered everywhere. On the A1200 it loads up the ArOS and says it can't find a boot disk. When I click on a zipped HDF and change the floppy hdf to hdf it does nothing. There is something I am not understanding about Uae. Do I need to unzip all the hdf files. adf work fine when they are zipped. I am confused I keep thinking I have a framework but nothing happens with anything. None of the CONFIG files show up on the config portion in Winuae. But it will run adf just nothing else.
Old 25 June 2015, 22:31   #6
methodman

There are a few questions I have. Winuae Loader has instructions for getting the demobase to work. But when it runs Aros. It says it can't find the boot roms. Are they supposed to be moved to the gamebase folder somewhere or can I run them from Emuload Data ks
or shared kickstarts roms. There are so many different levels that all offer an Amiga interface. Do I have to go through each of those configs in Winuae loader and create a wb3.1 hd for it. Can I share the same Hd in more than one configuration?
Old 26 June 2015, 23:34   #7
methodman

What did you change your rom location to? I am confused. Do I need to go to configs and point Winuae to every single .uae file extension. Every section has its own winuae and today I tried loading in the WB3.1 wb and then in the 2nd HD I pointed to one of the dmobases hdf file which came up as ndos and wasn't recognized. The main Gamebase isn't picking up the demobase even though it is set up exactly the same way the gamebvase Amiga (which does work is set up.)) I have one more week to make it work or I am not going to worry about it but I would like to get it running.

Can I use the same systems harddrive in several different configs or do I need to make a seperate systems harddrive for each config?
Old 27 June 2015, 03:20   #8
ma693541
Computer Wizard

DemoBase Amiga and GameBase Amiga was built for usage with the GameBase emulator front-end. Just follow the link and you all will have the DemoBase Amiga and Gamebase Amiga up and running in no time.

"Wish people could learn to search with Google."
Old 19 April 2016, 19:57   #9
nogginthenog
Amigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoraya View Post
Le pregunté a Carolina, quien me dijo que él le había preguntado que si le gustaba tener la chocha depilada
Quote:
I asked Carolina, who told me that he had asked him if he liked having shaved pussy, bla bla bla.
Wrong type of Amiga I think Reported.
Old 25 June 2020, 11:36   #10
belinda1

I am trying to set the Amiga demobase up and am completely confused. Is there a setup that shows you how to configure it I have no idea how to oget the HDF files to work.Please there is all this wonderful stuff out there for WinUae with no one explaining how to use it.

Each Demobase, gamebase comes with its own Amiga winuae. I created a HD directory from that Demobase or Gamebase home directory and it shows up in every winuae installation. I am sorry I am confused and have failed in every attempt to make any of the gamebases or demobases to work. The only guide I see is the green guide which is what I have been using. Is there an explanation somewhere as how to set the demobase and gamebase up? Thank you for your patience and advice.
Old 25 June 2020, 11:40   #11
chip

Hi belinda1

I'm sorry i can't help with Demobase or Gamebase .... never used those

But i see you are new to this forum

So, welcome !
Old 05 July 2020, 22:50   #12
Seiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by belinda1 View Post
I am trying to set the Amiga demobase up and am completely confused. Is there a setup that shows you how to configure .
1) first of all you have to download (if you downloaded and installed is ok and you can skip this) and install Gamebase Front-end

2) After installed you should have a directory called "GameBase" in your path after installation.

3) Copy DemoBase or Gamebase inside this directory to have this form:

c:\gamebase\demobase Amiga V3\
... extra
.....music
......games
......emulator
......demobae Amiga v3.mbd
.......etc

c:\gamebase\gamebase Amiga\
... extra
.....music
......games
......emulator
......gamebase Amiga.mbd
.......etc

4) you have to check the .mdb inside this folder because it must be the same of the directory:

gamebase Amiga has "gamebase Amiga.mdb"
demobase V3 has "demobase Amiga V3.mbd"

5) if you have instead:

c:\gamebase\demobase Amiga V3\demobase Amiga V3\ is sure that not working.

once is ok you can launch for the first time the icon "GBToolBox" that is necessary to associate gamebase Amiga with database.
After that you can click on icon "GameBase" and you are redy to configure or if it is ok, could be already configured.

If you see many names, but not screenshot, not emulator available you have to configure by hand in this way:

a) From the Front-End enter in "Tools" and then go to "Demobase Amiga V3 Path"
From here you have to chouse manually the path of games, music, pictures, extras and photos.
Normally in Gamebase you find "Games", "Pictures", "Extras" and "Music"
Of course the path is your directory where you have copy your gamebase folder and in this case for example in "c:\gamebase\demobase amiga v3"

b) Now always from "Tools" menu click "Verify Available Files" to have all entries in databse and screenshot accociate to any games or demos.

c) Now from front-end enter in Gemus and go intro "WinUAE" voice

from "Emulator Path/Filename" you have to choose where is your emulator (it is in subfolder "emulator or emul" in demobase amiga folder or in any other gamebase"
Any other option should be already ready and clicking ok, you are able to use your GameBase.
Old 13 August 2023, 16:37   #13
methodman

OK I have installed 5 gamebases correctly but I can't get Demobase Amiga to work. Micky G does excellent tutorials for the Amiga setup with adding better workbench to it. But I stopped at creating a systems disk and then tried to add the demobase hdf archive as a directory, but they are all in zipped form. So that didn't work.
Old 13 August 2023, 16:40   #14
methodman

In trying to install Demobase when I go to set up the emulator I can't get Winuae recognized. I only have the script that comes with Demobase Amiga v3, I don't see a Gemus script and the demos are verified, but I can't seem to activate any of the Emulations. I will figure out from the advice and let everyone know.
Old 13 August 2023, 16:47   #15
methodman

I have the gamebase FE installed on my C: drove, with the mdb file, but for all the other emulators I have been able to keep them on my larger d: drive and they work fine. Do I need to copy demobase Amiga over to the c: drive I have been able to make the others dbs work. But I am having trouble with this one. I'll try this. I love the Amiga
Old 13 August 2023, 19:16   #16
Seiya

do you have download the whole package?
you must copy drawer "demobase v3" in:

c:\gamebase\demobase Amiga v3
---- extra
.....music
......games
......emulator
......Scripts
.....demobase Amiga v3.mbd

the file MDB must the same of your directory (demobase amiga v3)
when you finish you must run GBToolbox
When you run Gamebase icon you find Demobase Amiga V3 in the window. Double Click and you are inside Demobase.

Then you have to verify if the path of Games, Extra, Screenshots and Emulator are ok. Generally should be ok, but you could have a path different.
Old 14 August 2023, 16:41   #17
methodman

I don't know what happened? I have got a few files to work in Gamebase, but I have dropped cloanto wb3.1 and 1.3 in both the Demobase Amiga 3 and Demobase Amiga 3/ Demobase Amiga v3 directories. and then went through the host files in configs trying to collect together all the configurations with load from, but most things don't seem to load and I can't find the config with any HDF file attached to it. Do I create the whole config myself The first disk loads, but any multiple disk demos won't load the 2nd disks. So I don't know why that is? I have gotten all the other gamebases's to work.
What am I missing?
Old 14 August 2023, 18:53   #18
Seiya

demo that are on 2 disk depends from the gemus script because maybe are prepared to load only in DF0:, so you manually have to change disk.

watch my config in demobase

i have main demobase in K:\emul\gamebase\Demobase Amiga V3\ and demos in F:\emul\Gambase\Demobase Amiga V3\
Old 15 August 2023, 07:01   #19
methodman

I managed to get all parts of it running except for the HDF the hd slot shows that they are loading on it but the demo will never play for any of them. I changed the floppy disk slots to hdf and tried to load in hdf files but they never get accepted. Thanks for explaining this.
Old 15 August 2023, 23:42   #20
methodman

I can't seem to find the 1.3 workbench that has the skeleton HDF on it. I can't get any of them to work. Where is it in the Demobase Amiga files.