English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 21 April 2020, 21:20   #1
DjDiabolik

Games emulation glitch and it's unplayable.....

Hi friends... i'm a little noob but reading a lot of guide i have finally setup, apparently, a working setup whit Amiga OS 3.9 how i can use WDHLoad.
I have setup two folder on my HD used for installation... one for OS and one for installation of hdf files or games etc etc but i need some help.
For example i have tryed a lot of games...... after used the installation the games start correctly but during the games it's pratically unplayable because the screen it's goes completely on glitch.
I have setup two different configuration and i don't know if i can resolve his issue need to disable or enable some configuration or make some modification on it.
I have upload both configuration here......
If someone has some suggestion thanks in advance.

*EDIT*
Look this example........ it's European Championship by Ocean 1993. I take a screenshot of games during a friendly completely glitched:
https://imgur.com/a/AZ6EOO6

Or here:
Attached Files
File Type: uae Amiga 1200 - AGA - OK.uae (11.5 KB, 88 views)
File Type: uae Amiga 4000 - AGA - OK.uae (11.7 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by DjDiabolik; 21 April 2020 at 21:41.
Old 21 April 2020, 22:17   #2
BackSpace

Hi,

first of all European Champions / Ocean is an OCS/ECS game so basically designed for Amiga 500.

You seems to try to play it on AGA system and for OCS/ECS games you can have gfx problem like this.
Instead of AGA try an A500 model (use quickstart to give it a try).

Bye.
Old 22 April 2020, 03:30   #3
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Disable JIT, many games have GFX corruption if JIT is enabled.
Old 24 April 2020, 00:37   #4
DjDiabolik

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackSpace View Post
Hi,

first of all European Champions / Ocean is an OCS/ECS game so basically designed for Amiga 500.

You seems to try to play it on AGA system and for OCS/ECS games you can have gfx problem like this.
Instead of AGA try an A500 model (use quickstart to give it a try).

Bye.
mmmmmmmm.. ok.
Problably all games .adf it's designed for Amiga 500
I'm 40 years and I had an amiga 500
Now it's my pleasure sometimes to play this memories and i have created this little setup for play some childhood memories.

You suggest to do a full new setup ? For example using a combination Amiga500 (using quickstart) and try to setup a workbench 1.3 whit whdload ?

Or what you suggest ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
Disable JIT, many games have GFX corruption if JIT is enabled.
I thinks i have tryed so many times and i can't found a very configuration works.

What do you suggest ?
Old 24 April 2020, 00:55   #5
jotd
This cat is no more

whdload is the best, but with winuae + JIT sometimes you can have issues too (also with too fast cpu there are issues, but those are more fixable)
Old 24 April 2020, 02:04   #6
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

No JIT, and Chipset/CPU set to cycle exact probably works fine for 95% WHDLoad games in WinUAE without serious glitches.
Old 25 April 2020, 02:32   #7
DjDiabolik

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
whdload is the best, but with winuae + JIT sometimes you can have issues too (also with too fast cpu there are issues, but those are more fixable)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
No JIT, and Chipset/CPU set to cycle exact probably works fine for 95% WHDLoad games in WinUAE without serious glitches.
Now friends i have decide to start from scratch.

This time i have see all it's all works a setup like WB 3.1 + WHDLoad and if AmigaOS it's really need.

I have use quickstart for "create" an Amiga1200.
I have add a folder as "HD" and i have install over it WB 3.1

After that....... i stay to try to configure all that but i have a huge question.

For WHDLoad.lha i have used the drag & drop to WinUAE. The files lha it's correctly accessed but the question it:
After i have used it...... how i can "unload" from emulation windows ???
Old 25 April 2020, 07:39   #8
DanyPPC

I use WinUAE 2.8.1.0, try it. Usually new versions introduce bugs.
Old 25 April 2020, 08:56   #9
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyPPC View Post
I use WinUAE 2.8.1.0, try it. Usually new versions introduce bugs.
This is very unproductive suggestion. No one else is going to care about that old versions. (I really hope this "bug" isn't the very common: some broken program that you wanted to run works with some specific CPU speed setting and this version is accidentally close enough to that in some non-accurate mode. And most likely same program would break on some fast real hardware config too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjDiabolik View Post
Now friends i have decide to start from scratch.
Almost any early 1990s or so "action" game that has built-in HD installer won't work very well with fast setups (Usually also including real 68040+ setups). Only solution is whdload.

You might sometimes get away with it by enabling "approximate" cpu speed and immediate blitter. You can also try "memory cycle exact" in chipset panel. (EDIT: but then you'll have more or less slightly expanded basic config that isn't very useful for anything else..)

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 25 April 2020 at 09:08.
Old 25 April 2020, 23:35   #10
DjDiabolik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
This is very unproductive suggestion. No one else is going to care about that old versions. (I really hope this "bug" isn't the very common: some broken program that you wanted to run works with some specific CPU speed setting and this version is accidentally close enough to that in some non-accurate mode. And most likely same program would break on some fast real hardware config too!)

Almost any early 1990s or so "action" game that has built-in HD installer won't work very well with fast setups (Usually also including real 68040+ setups). Only solution is whdload.

You might sometimes get away with it by enabling "approximate" cpu speed and immediate blitter. You can also try "memory cycle exact" in chipset panel. (EDIT: but then you'll have more or less slightly expanded basic config that isn't very useful for anything else..)

Now i have some news...... i have apparently setup a new config.
It's use Amiga 1200 quickstart config...... i have upgrade Z2 ram to 8MB and i have installed WB 3.1.
After that i have installed WHDLoad and i have tryed the same games.

Now it's works whitout any glitch.......

Now i have need some supports like:
- I have installed Directory Opus 4.12... it's works. When i try to the "Configure" it's appears an errors speak about ConfigOpus files not found on modules or somethings similar.

You can help how i can fix it ?