English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 17 July 2014, 01:21   #1
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Scala Presentation creation question

I have created a small slideshow in Scala - now I want to save it so as I can give it on disk to a friend who does not have scala installed - how do I do this and will my friend be able to watch it?

Is it just the case of saving all the files into a folder together with the saved script and including the scala player as well or is there a more specific route I should follow here...?

Help... I have no scala manual.
Old 17 July 2014, 02:40   #2
amiman99

I would first create a folder on HD where all your files are stored and work from this location.
On Scala MM 300, click on Save Script, Name your Script and click OK, then new requester comes up called "Copy Script" last option is called "Make runtime disk", select that. You should see check marks on.
Click OK.
I'm not sure if it copies directly to disk by itself or you need to copy them manually.
Old 17 July 2014, 10:58   #3
Peter
Still an Amiga user

I'm not sure either... I am using MM400 and the save option "make runtime disk" does appear, I assumed that this option would copy all relevant files to a location and include the player but it doesn't appear to do so.
I am saving to an area on my HD rather than a floppy.

Have to play some more later I think but if anyone can offer an official solution I would be grateful.
Old 17 July 2014, 17:12   #4
amiman99

I tried it JUST for you!
Click on Save Script, Select DF0, Name your Script and click OK, then new requester comes up called "Copy Script" last option is called "Make runtime disk", that's it.
All needed files are copied to disk.
Also, make the disk bootable by doing INSTALL DF0 : command.
Old 17 July 2014, 17:57   #5
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

My slideshow is too big for a floppy - I would much rather just lha the whole thing and transfer it to my friend's hard drive - then un-archive it and play it using the mmplayer but if this just isn't do-able in Scala I may have to go the floppy route...

Last edited by Peter; 17 July 2014 at 18:27.
Old 18 July 2014, 20:08   #6
Peter
Still an Amiga user

I've been picking brains all over the place about this but I think I have got something worked out now...

I put the Scala Player in the same drawer as my slide show, I also put the System drawer from my Scala hard drive installation drawer in the same drawer, I change the tool type of my slide show script to point to the scala player in the drawer (changed from pointing to where I installed scala on my HD) Then... and this is where I previously made a schoolboy error, I transferred the drawer to my friends laptop making sure that the path is exactly the same as it was on my HD where I created the slideshow... in the system partition in a drawer called "Slideshows" So it mirrors where it was created and resides on my HD (hope this all makes sense but essentially it means the script can find the slide show pages and samples etc...)

Anyway, bang - it works and he does not have Scala installed at all on his hard drive so I think I have got there...

Mind you, the slide show sound samples slow right down on his laptop but I think this is a fault of his crappy machine as the show runs well on my laptop (all this via Winuae)

I am sure that making smaller slideshows and getting them onto a floppy would be better but that brings other challenges. For now I'm happy. This slide show was 11MB in total so I will have to experiment with compressed images and smaller samples next time...
Old 28 July 2014, 23:25   #7
Peter
Still an Amiga user

[ Show youtube player ]

Uploaded my effort to Youtube...