English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 18 November 2006, 13:04   #1
Highwayman

New floppy drive not working :(

Please excuse the verbose description!!

I've got around to installing my new floppy from Amigakit and cant get it work. Anybody got any ideas before I contact Amigakit?

There are no jumpers on the drive. I am using the supplied cable (one plugs into the mobo, one into the drive). Cable is plugged into the CN303 port in the amiga. Jumper J301 is set to open (tried closed as well). Pin 1 is aligned correctly on both the power connecter and mobo. I can plug the same connectors into my knackered drive, sysinfo detects it, led comes on and A1500 attempts to read the disk if inserted.

When the new drive is plugged in (on its own) the amiga sits there doing nothing for about 10 secs on boot up, then reads the hard drive and boots Workbench. Takes ages due to softkicking 3.1 rom. The OS finally loads but hangs when all the icons appear. The busy/timer curser doesnt go away.

Anybody have any ideas or is the new drive faulty

Thanks again!