English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 01 September 2013, 23:28   #1
HuBBsGVN

Pal AmigaCD32 and vido converters.

I am looking to get an AmigaCD32 and I see that most of the games won't work on an NTSC signal. I also read the thread that recommended either getting a 1084 monitor, an internal video pin, and the like. However I saw no mention of the possibility of using a powered external composite signal converter. Is this a viable option to just play a PAL CD32 and games on a standard tv//hdtv?

http://www.amazon.com/HOSSEN%C2%AE-B...+pal+converter

that's not a product I was thinking of getting, but an example of the converter I am looking into. Ay thoughts?

Old 02 September 2013, 07:14   #2
ajk

As long as it works, sure. But it's not ideal, as using the s-video signal would give much better image quality (or RGB even better, if you can make it happen). The other thing is that the image refresh rate will be converted from 50Hz to 60Hz, which is impossible to make smoothly, so you will get jerky scrolling.

The best way would be to have a monitor/tv that can accept and display a PAL signal directly, but as long as the converter isn't too expensive, you can of course give it a try first and see how you like it