English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 30 June 2017, 00:24   #61
Gorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashyMG View Post
Actually you comprehended nothing at all.
You obviously did not even read my post, before you "answered" it.
Not my fault.

Quote:
And what false statements is there? He's likely comparing it to a 68040 sans FPU, so the "guestimation" is true enough.
So why the hell doesn't he? He compares it to 68040 with FPU.
He would just need to insert two letters: "EC".
Old 30 June 2017, 00:26   #62
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
And what is there listed as feature next to these products?

I quote:

CPU Accelerator for AMIGA A600
  • Apollo 68080 CPU (performance ~ 250MHz 68040)
  • 128 MB Memory
  • FastKick
  • SAGA GFX Core : Truecolor DIGITAL VIDEO OUT
  • SDcard for Data exchange

So this are clearly advertised features of this very product.
Not some theoretical feature of Apollo, but a feature of this specific implementation.

And thats just wrong.
Gorf, the symbol "~" before the 250 MHz 68040 means that it's "roughly equivalent to," not that it is equal to. So in that sense, it's correct.
Old 30 June 2017, 00:29   #63
Djole501

@Gorf Are u just dumb or playing dumb ? You know very well what Apollo core is, what it offers and what it doesnt. Do you really need to read every word on Gunnars site and feel misled while you know all the facts ? Or are you really worried about his potential customers ? Let him worry about his customers, if you feel cheated as a customer i am sure you can get a refund or some other solution. He banned you, get over it. He can call his core what ever he feels like, 68080, 68100, 68160.... 68STFU080, whatever he feels like and there is nothing you can change about that. Some of you just seem to watch his every word and search for "lies", let the man work, he delivers, cant you see that ?
Old 30 June 2017, 00:34   #64
Gorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthey View Post
So that is why your post "Needs Verification". I thought your question was well written and to the point without being offensive. It received a good answer from Gunnar with much needed clarification (good questions result in good answers).
... oh don't get me started about that answer there.
It is so full of false statement and even downright lies - but this is probably not the place for this.

Just:

"Actually we make no statements about the Vampire at all."
vs.
"VAMPIRE 4, STANDALONE, and V1200 are very different cards and designed not by Igor but by the Apollo-team."

just a day later. But this was probably a totally different Gunnar...
Old 30 June 2017, 00:36   #65
Gorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
Gorf, the symbol "~" before the 250 MHz 68040 means that it's "roughly equivalent to," not that it is equal to. So in that sense, it's correct.
If off by a factor of 12.5 is still roughly equivalent - than you are right of course.
Old 30 June 2017, 00:44   #66
matthey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashyMG View Post
And what false statements is there? He's likely comparing it to a 68040 sans FPU, so the "guestimation" is true enough.
Which is a 68EC040.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
Why not use 250MHz 68EC040 and be more exact then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djole501 View Post
@Gorf Are u just dumb or playing dumb ? You know very well what Apollo core is, what it offers and what it doesnt. Do you really need to read every word on Gunnars site and feel misled while you know all the facts ? Or are you really worried about his potential customers ? Let him worry about his customers, if you feel cheated as a customer i am sure you can get a refund or some other solution. He banned you, get over it. He can call his core what ever he feels like, 68080, 68100, 68160.... 68STFU080, whatever he feels like and there is nothing you can change about that. Some of you just seem to watch his every word and search for "lies", let the man work, he delivers, cant you see that ?
I'm sorry. It has not been clear to me what is in the Apollo Core and I should know having been in the Apollo Team. It is not like I can read the documentation as I have not seen proper documentation. It is not as if anyone can ask certain questions without getting put down. There are already 2 people from the FPU thread who were excited about the Apollo Core and who are now disillusioned by responses. There is at least one more from the deleted FPU thread. There are problems with the standards which are being created which limit future progress. Let's just ignore all the problems though .
Old 30 June 2017, 00:46   #67
emufan

i reported the dude Djole501 to admins, i hope they pull a LART on this person .
i'm sure he saw the warning by the admins about personal attacks,
but he is persistently trying to get this thread closed.
Old 30 June 2017, 00:54   #68
Gorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djole501 View Post
@Gorf Are u just ...
There is no need to attack me on a personal level or even insult me.

Quote:
You know very well what Apollo core is, what it offers and what it doesnt. Do you really need to read every word on Gunnars site and feel misled while you know all the facts ? Or are you really worried about his potential customers ? Let him worry about his customers,
We all heard about majsta's problems on eBay here. On an other occasion there was even talk of blackmailing.

False advertising might lead to even more problems.

Please understand: I am not against but pro the Apollo project and the Vampire!

These misleading statements on the apollo-core page could be harmful for the project. And they could be avoided easily.

I don't know what agenda is behind insisting on these very unclear statements.
Old 30 June 2017, 00:59   #69
matthey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
i reported the dude Djole501 to admins, i hope they pull a LART on this person .
i'm sure he saw the warning by the admins about personal attacks,
but he is persistently trying to get this thread closed.
Please, let's try to be tolerant and not start reporting every borderline personal attack. I've seen and received worse.
Old 30 June 2017, 00:59   #70
DamienD
Banned

Just in case anyone was not really clear / listening to what we said earlier in another "Vampire" thread; let me quote the important stuff:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
<sigh>

Here we go again. I really, really, really don't have the time to be trying to clean up this constant fighting. I have enough to do on EAB already.

I do not and will not take sides but it's a moderation nightmare, how does one even attempt to control this mess

...and please people, don't be reporting each others' posts when one person says something that you don't like and then you retaliate and a flame war ensues etc.

Again, if you cannot get along I will just close the thread as I don't have hours free to deal with this constant shite.

Last warning to all involved, keep on topic without name calling / fighting etc. We as Global Moderators have discussed this, if it doesn't stop then we will start giving repeat offenders 1 / 2 week bans; unfortunately there's nothing else left to do...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Maybe, maybe not... Again, we are not taking sides.

Anyway, just cleaning / closing threads hasn't stopped this issue from constantly re-occurring so, as mentioned above, we will be trialing a different method until things improve... and that's handing out bans

No more warnings to all involved, you will just receive a ban. End of story!!!
@Djole501; more than 2 people have reported your post in this thread. Congratulations; you are our first contestant to earn a well deserved 2 week holiday from EAB

Keep it up people; the game show must go on!!! Who's going to be the next winner?!?
Old 30 June 2017, 01:05   #71
emufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthey View Post
Please, let's try to be tolerant and not start reporting every borderline personal attack. I've seen and received worse.
24 posts ... didnt see him on support or request section.
he just joined to spark trouble, so i do not regret the report.
even if it is pointless :/
Old 30 June 2017, 01:08   #72
DamienD
Banned

Just to add to the above, I really have no issue what-so-ever banning quite a lot of you until this f$%king shite stops!!!

Enough is enough!!! I'm so bored it's not funny and don't have the time or patience anymore to deal with your childish flame wars... You guys wanna do this; go join another Amiga forum and see how long you last...

For far too long us moderators on EAB have been way to lenient...

Zero tolerance policy is now being enforced as nothing else seems to make any difference...

Trust me, this is not who I am. I'm a nice / friendly / helpful person and really dislike taking this kind of action but seriously you give us no choice anymore!!!
Old 30 June 2017, 01:12   #73
Amiga1992

NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!
It is unbearable to read through ANY thread mentioning Vampire!
I liked this thread better when we were all joking and having fun.
Also some of us would like to discuss all these matters in peace, agreeing or disagreeing, without them turning into the usual petty arguments and attacks toward this or that.
Old 30 June 2017, 01:23   #74
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!
You can't tell me that you are really surprised by this can you?

Seems that all "Vampire" related threads end up this way (and it's not the developers' fault)

Anyway, as said above, zero tolerance policy is now being enforced without warning!!!

I'm absolutely done playing Mr Nice Guy; who's going to be the next winner of a temporary ban??? Step up, step up!!!
Old 30 June 2017, 01:38   #75
PortuguesePilot
Global Moderator

Here's why I never partake on this sort of debate... Whenever we want to have a clean discussion (even if antagonistic points-of-view are shared) some impolite, uneducated and/or stupid person derails the thread. We didn't use to see this sort of behaviour prior to 2005 or so, did we? What happened to humanity since then? Seems like everyone's a self-centred, unempathic egomaniac these days...

What a shame.
Old 30 June 2017, 01:51   #76
DamienD
Banned

Yes my friend, it's a very sad state of affairs on EAB at the moment

It's not the same friendly forum that I joined up to 10+ years ago.

It will stop though, trust me... Right now, I don't really don't give a f$%k anymore as to how many members I / we need to ban temporarily or even permanently

You are all welcome to debate your technical reasons as to why / why not something may not work but "as soon as one of you starts resorting to name calling / flame wars" you will instantly be banned without warning. That's a promise

...and that goes for any relation posts; just let it go and we moderators will deal with it; unless of course you also want to be banned. Again, end of story!!!
Old 30 June 2017, 03:49   #77
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

try to launch quake 2 but perhaps it needs fpu ??? don't remember ??
Can you watch youtube videos on the vampire ???
Or play little facebook games ??
Mame could work too.
Old 30 June 2017, 04:17   #78
Sinphaltimus

Can I just say I lol'ed so hard when I read this "68STFU080"?
Old 30 June 2017, 04:18   #79
grelbfarlk

How about a fair compromise that should satisfy everyone.
1) Refer to the 68080 as a 68EC080 or 68EC080 w/MMX+HT+Blast Processing
2) Any time speed measurements are mentioned say it's Really Fast™!
3) Any time speed measurements are mentioned as a comparison to vintage Amiga Accelerators say up to one quarter as fast as an 060 in Floating Point performance.
4) Say whattya gonna do up a PCI bus on an A500? No Way that's happening-everyone just be cool and not let Elbox see this.
5) Never mention Apollo core-at all-anymore. Just say Vampire 2 for A600/A500. Just so we don't hear "Oh well we meant that on some future Apollo core project from the Apollo team-no we don't mean the ACT accelerators we mean on the Phoenix board-no not the A1000 motherboard replacement either, we're talking about something that doesn't resemble anything that is currently shipping or has ever shipped to Amiga end users."
6) Bask in the peace and stability of intellectually honest Amiga forums.
Old 30 June 2017, 04:57   #80
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
Blast Processing