English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 19 January 2009, 03:57   #1
david10595

Great Giana Sister and BastiBS - Update

Hello Amiga lovers,

First all of, I want to express my surprise about the vivid (and helpful!) reactions on this board about this can of worms.

There is now no doubt about the fact that BastiBS knew that the cover was a photocopy and sold it to me as an original.

My goal is either to get my money back or to get the original cover, just to be clear.

I will not get into much details but I have opened a case with Interpol as my family and I are quite versed in law. German laws do protect against this kind of behavior. I want to thank AmigaFan and Mr.Vince for the proof they shared, and the numerous real Amiga fans who volunteered high-res scans of the cover and disk. Enough said about this.

At this point, BastiBS has publicly offered to give my money back. If he does send a check (that I will have to clear of course), I will send the game back immediately. I will not make a second mistake by sending the game first!

I want to thank all of you for your help. I hope such practices are kept out of such a close community in the future. I may have overpaid for this item, it's hard to say how much it's worth anyways, but as I said: It was a gift for my best friend. Most of you probably know him, he's an avid Amiga fan. I learned my lesson.
--
david

Old 19 January 2009, 05:13   #2
Amiga1992

Hey, man, no offense, but used software purcvhasing is kind of illegal, as well, isn't it? Once you buy you are not supposed to resale.

Pay me attention and save you a stress: settle this down with the seller. Make him get you your money back or the original cover. If he's not cooperative, you have the WHOLE Ebay+Paypal apparatus to help you get what you want. People don't like to get cases started on them and I bet you in -no time- you will get what you deserve.

He already said he would give your money back. If not, you funk em up his arse with ebay+paypal.

But I am tremendously surprised. Interpol? For this? Really? come on

I recently been in Nice, I played there my music. I have a wonderful friend living nearby. I love your city!

Cheers
Old 19 January 2009, 06:34   #3
david10595

Hey Akira!

I definitely don't want to use the law, I sent many emails to BastiBS begging him to please help me settle this like gentlemen! I hope BastiBS sends the money back, I will send his whole game back too and this will be history, no need to do anything else.

What kind of music do you play? I'd love to hear samples! Nice is definitely a very beautiful city.
--
david

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Hey, man, no offense, but used software purcvhasing is kind of illegal, as well, isn't it? Once you buy you are not supposed to resale.

Pay me attention and save you a stress: settle this down with the seller. Make him get you your money back or the original cover. If he's not cooperative, you have the WHOLE Ebay+Paypal apparatus to help you get what you want. People don't like to get cases started on them and I bet you in -no time- you will get what you deserve.

He already said he would give your money back. If not, you funk em up his arse with ebay+paypal.

But I am tremendously surprised. Interpol? For this? Really? come on

I recently been in Nice, I played there my music. I have a wonderful friend living nearby. I love your city!

Cheers

Old 19 January 2009, 09:41   #4
Paul_s

Just been reading the other thread you did - what a mess! Hope you get it all sorted out soon chap

I know I'm nuts for buying stuff at inflated prices but 300 euro for Giana sisters
Old 19 January 2009, 10:15   #5
bastibs
Banned

Good morning David,

hope you know that it's a voluntary decision of me. I must not take back the game.

I only make this because i have another buyer who accepts the cover.

I would like to do to you a favour because i can understand you a little bid. This is a unique decision!

My opinion is that i have made no mistake.

So return it fast please.

Thanks, Basti
Old 19 January 2009, 10:21   #6
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

@ BastiBS

I don't think you will get the game back until your refund has cleared, from what I've read above. David's made his point clearly enough.

Has the realisation that you may be in deep doo-doo finally dawned on you?

How you can offer a refund, yet say you have made no mistake is beyond me, you are going to have to explain that one.

"I must not take back the game". Why?
Old 19 January 2009, 10:37   #7
bastibs
Banned

The problem is cleared.

From today i only use private messages.

And thanks to everybody which taught me. Nobody is perfect and i have learnt something.

I have not protected myself and this is my guilt.

A lot of joy with amiga.

Last edited by bastibs; 19 January 2009 at 10:45.
Old 19 January 2009, 13:55   #8
david10595

It's funny that you would say "you made no mistake" when in the previous thread you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastibs View Post
Sorry for my last (silly) messages. Send the game back and i will return the money. I think i have made a mistake, excuse me.
In any case, you will not fool me twice.
Send the money THEN I will send the game.

Is there anyone that is deeply trusted in the community who could act as an escrow?

Thanks,
--
david

Old 19 January 2009, 14:01   #9
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by david10595 View Post
It's funny that you would say "you made no mistake" when in the previous thread you said:

In any case, you will not fool me twice.
Send the money THEN I will send the game.

Is there anyone that is deeply trusted in the community who could act as an escrow?

Thanks,
--
david
Erm David,

He has offered to refund the money, if I were you I would not continue to publicly berate him like that (at least not until you get your money back)...he can always change his mind!

PZ.
Old 19 January 2009, 14:11   #10
bastibs
Banned

Right and message sent!

(But please no other discussion or comments! Everything is said already!

Trust me or not! This is my seriousness! I'm not a swindler or liar!)
Old 19 January 2009, 14:13   #11
Graham Humphrey

Again can this all be discussed in private please.