English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 08 March 2011, 15:47   #1
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
Need some advice on old licenceware stuff...

Back in the old days I was freinds with the bloke that ran F1 Licenceware. I knew him way before he setup the business. With the decline of the amiga he gave up and also divorced his wife and decided to move back to his home town, afaik? Havent heard anything from him since.

Anyway around 1998 I managed to aquire what little he had left regarding amiga stuff and in that lot there are a few disks. I dont know if I could image these and upload them without stepping on anybodys toes?

I need to sort these things out a bit but there are disks sent to F1 before they were included in their library, some amos stuff, source I think? I havent fully checked this stuff and need to fish it out of the thousands of disks here.
Old 08 March 2011, 16:20   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Would be great to get a few more F1 disks Have a look here : http://www.f1-software.com/f15d_amiga.php
I guess if you get in contact and ask nicely they will grant you the permission to offer them.
Old 08 March 2011, 17:55   #3
ElectroBlaster

Flips my mind is going im sure of it! I now realise that Steve Bye sold F1 on and did not shut it down as I previousley thought... I dont know where that idea came from? lol

Forgotten how much time has past

Its amazing too think he basically built up F1 from nothing, made swanky labels and got magazine reviews and then just walked away from it all.

I shall get in touch with the site and see what they say about the disks! I hope they do allow them to be distributed as they might have some gems hidden, like if the games were pre-release or something and have source code. I just need to fish them out now and hope they are ok.

EDIT: Be aware these disks havent got the F1 labels on them, they are the disks written on by the author and then posted to F1 so they could looke them over.

EDIT: I might even have an F1 printed book with the original owners name and address on the back... It is for GRAC, the adventure creator. I think it was one of the very first they sold and I remember them making a big fuss about it and I even got tea and bisquits thrown in

Last edited by ElectroBlaster; 08 March 2011 at 18:02.
Old 08 March 2011, 18:07   #4
Peter
Still an Amiga user

I have spoken the new owner of F1 on a few occasions and he allowed me to share what F1 stuff he still has available with the EAB Forum Members.
The F1 stuff I got access to is now on the EAB Server for Forum members to share.

I doubt very much whether the new owner would mind if you shared what stuff you had with fellow EAB Members but of course it would be wise to ask first - if you raise a support ticket on the F1 site you will get a reply... eventually :-)

Any chance of listing what you have... when you get a minute...
Old 08 March 2011, 23:31   #5
ElectroBlaster

I will list what I find m8 The disks are in large plastic storage containers, I was going to do it tonight but the kids reminded me it was pancake day
Old 10 March 2011, 01:15   #6
amigapd

The new owner has been very supportive of my site and has allowed me permission to use 3 games (Burton Bird - Wheelie + Willy's Wierid nightmare ) as long as I don't charge for the game and look to make money commercially.

It will be great to see some new titles re appear.

On a seperate note - are the games on the F1 CD on the EAB server demos or complete versions?
Old 10 March 2011, 11:34   #7
Peter
Still an Amiga user

As far as I recall they are full versions.