English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 14 August 2013, 00:39   #1
brolly

Strange behaviour with hotkeys

This isn't a bug, I would just like to understand this behavior I'm getting and hopefully be able to work around it.

I'm trying to integrate WinUAE with HyperLaunch so I can swap disks through it's interface.
I need to be able to send simulated keypresses to WinUAE to take it out of fullscreen, for that I mapped F11 to toggle fullscreen/windowed mode in the Input screen as configuration #1, it works fine if I press F11 in the actual keyboard.
But if I send the keypresses from autohotkey nothing happens, it's like WinUAE is ignoring them and only accepts the input from the actual keyboard, looking at the ini file it seems that might very well be the case as I see the keyboard IDs stored there.

Is there any way to make this work? Or are all inputs I configure in that panel binded to my physical keyboard only?

Even more strange is that if I try sending keypresses like End+1 or End+2 to use the disk swapper they work fine, so seems these aren't binded to my keyboard. What's the difference between them?
Since it works for these I was hoping there might be some way I could configure my fullscreen toggle key to also behave the same way so that keypresses could be accepted.
Old 15 August 2013, 10:50   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Injected keys should use "Null keyboard". It is virtual keyboard that collects all input events that don't come from physical keyboards.
Old 17 August 2013, 01:33   #3
brolly

That did the trick, thanks Toni.
Good to know what the Null Keyboard is used for as in my ignorance I didn't know. I'm guessing that's what I should use if one day I want to use xpadder with WinUAE.