English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 04 July 2019, 19:24   #21
lesta_smsc
Registered User

lesta_smsc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,666
No idea why it won't allow use for other things. I've used HDF files in past with it without any issues.
lesta_smsc is offline  
Old 04 July 2019, 21:00   #22
CasVegas
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Leeds
Posts: 45
Is there anywhere that can tell me step by step instructions on how to add files to my compact flash hard drive? I have some files I wish to add from a website, which I obviously cannot download using my Amiga.
CasVegas is offline  
Old 05 July 2019, 19:10   #23
duga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasVegas View Post
Is there anywhere that can tell me step by step instructions on how to add files to my compact flash hard drive? I have some files I wish to add from a website, which I obviously cannot download using my Amiga.
Which CPU speed have you jumpered your Wicher to; 12 or 25 MHz?
Which speed has your memory module; 50 or 60 ns?
duga is offline  
Old 06 July 2019, 12:24   #24
jbilander
Registered User

jbilander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasVegas View Post
Is there anywhere that can tell me step by step instructions on how to add files to my compact flash hard drive? I have some files I wish to add from a website, which I obviously cannot download using my Amiga.

Probably easiest to use a modern computer, a usb card reader, and emulation. WinUAE for win pc or FS-UAE for win/linux/mac. You would need a rom file e.g. 3.1 and then the matching 3.1 floppy install images (adf files). Grab a suitable ClassicWb hard file from http://classicwb.abime.net/. Start WinUAE and configure a machine (that matches with your rom file type e.g. A500) and "Add Hardfile..." with path to your classicwb hard file (.hdf). Start emulation and install with the floppy adf's, with WinUAE hit f12 to change floppy disk/files. Alt-Tab to jump out of the emulator. When you have the installation done and up and running, add a folder (another Hard drive) for sharing via the "Add Directory or Archive..." option, you can call it Device name: DH1 and Volume name: PC. Also add the CF-card as a hard drive via "Add Hard Drive...". Save the configuration and Restart the emulation and you should now have all three "drives" visible in Workbench. Run DirOpus4 (comes pre installed with ClassicWB in the programs folder) and you can copy files back and forth using DirOpus. Just put your internet downloaded files in the shared folder.

If you want to prepare the card from scratch for installing a new system you can do something similar to this...
[ Show youtube player ]
jbilander is offline  
Old 16 July 2019, 19:20   #25
CasVegas
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Leeds
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Which CPU speed have you jumpered your Wicher to; 12 or 25 MHz?
Which speed has your memory module; 50 or 60 ns?
I have the jumper set to 25MHz, and the memory is 8mb 60ns SIMM. Do you have a Wicher card too?
CasVegas is offline  
Old 16 July 2019, 19:23   #26
CasVegas
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Leeds
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbilander View Post
Probably easiest to use a modern computer, a usb card reader, and emulation. WinUAE for win pc or FS-UAE for win/linux/mac. You would need a rom file e.g. 3.1 and then the matching 3.1 floppy install images (adf files). Grab a suitable ClassicWb hard file from http://classicwb.abime.net/. Start WinUAE and configure a machine (that matches with your rom file type e.g. A500) and "Add Hardfile..." with path to your classicwb hard file (.hdf). Start emulation and install with the floppy adf's, with WinUAE hit f12 to change floppy disk/files. Alt-Tab to jump out of the emulator. When you have the installation done and up and running, add a folder (another Hard drive) for sharing via the "Add Directory or Archive..." option, you can call it Device name: DH1 and Volume name: PC. Also add the CF-card as a hard drive via "Add Hard Drive...". Save the configuration and Restart the emulation and you should now have all three "drives" visible in Workbench. Run DirOpus4 (comes pre installed with ClassicWB in the programs folder) and you can copy files back and forth using DirOpus. Just put your internet downloaded files in the shared folder.

If you want to prepare the card from scratch for installing a new system you can do something similar to this...
[ Show youtube player ]
Sorry, I probably should I said I am an iMac user, so cannot run WinUAE.

I read somewhere that it could be done on FS-UAE, but cannot find any definitive guides.

Last edited by CasVegas; 16 July 2019 at 19:29.
CasVegas is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wicher 500i Kejoe support.Hardware 15 21 July 2019 00:31
Wicher 500i not booting simon_m74 support.Hardware 2 05 July 2019 12:01
Wicher 500i A-500 Plus Hardware mods 9 24 April 2019 20:22
Wicher 500i A-500 Plus support.Hardware 7 06 January 2019 04:20
Wicher 500i on A2000 dashie support.Hardware 5 18 October 2018 18:21

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.06642 seconds with 16 queries