English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 19 January 2010, 00:55   #1
asm1

Please insert volume System: in any drive....

Hi

I've just moved my setup from my HDF file I used to set CWB to my CF card which I will use in my A1200.

On the HDF - DH0 is called System: - which is how CWB is set up

On My CF DH0 is called Workbench: and is formatted with SFS.

Obviously using winuae and Dir opus as per the instructions for moving files accross.

However, everytime I boot the CF now in Winuae, it seems to look for my HDF to mount as well, I get a ...

"Please insert Volume System:"

Prompt when workbench loads

Everything works fine, it just looks for System: if I add my OS 3.9 HDF where DH0 is called System, in add hardfile in WinUAE and boot the CF, then I don't get the error, but I get two of each WB Icon (i.e. Run, Drawers etc) plus my System: partition, which I would rather not have.

How do I stop it looking to mount System: on boot ?

Andrew
Old 19 January 2010, 01:01   #2
davideo
Amiga Tomcat

I'd have a look in your startup-sequence and user-startup files for an assign or something similair to System:

That or you've got a stray program that is looking for the system: drive

Dave G
Old 19 January 2010, 01:14   #3
asm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by davideo View Post
I'd have a look in your startup-sequence and user-startup files for an assign or something similair to System:

That or you've got a stray program that is looking for the system: drive

Dave G

Yeah it was Bloodwych's assign for Aweb:

Assign AWebPath: "System:Internet/AWeb3SE"

In S/User-Startup

changed manually to :

Assign AWebPath: "Workbench:Internet/AWeb3SE"

and all happy

Panic over

Andrew
Old 19 January 2010, 01:22   #4
davideo
Amiga Tomcat

Don't worry - we all have them days

Dave G
Old 19 January 2010, 01:27   #5
asm1

Yeah, lol, booted on CF saw that and thought "Crap! what have I done now" (or not done as the case would have it) etc.

Oh well I can sleep easy now

ta for the pointer
Old 19 January 2010, 01:47   #6
Bloodwych

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm1 View Post
Yeah it was Bloodwych's assign for Aweb:

Assign AWebPath: "System:Internet/AWeb3SE"

In S/User-Startup

That's not my assign!!! I always use SYS: to avoid such problems.

It's been added by BB3.

Remember to use the settings or menubar tools menu (at the top of the Workbench) to disable Iconbefast. BB3 icon library has the patch built in apparently. I'd check the other patches too that are under the tools menu or settings.

This is why I don't like the idea of BB3. I set the Workbench up to work out of the box with BB2 and then people go and break everything!

It's the same with the community systempatch 3.3 project that combines all the patches - there might be conflicts with what I've set up if you don't check everything.

Thankfully I add all the extras with enable and disable options.

Last edited by Bloodwych; 19 January 2010 at 01:55.
Old 19 January 2010, 17:51   #7
asm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
That's not my assign!!! I always use SYS: to avoid such problems.

It's been added by BB3.
Can I remove it then as your version of aweb would be the one I use (if at all) ?

Quote:
Remember to use the settings or menubar tools menu (at the top of the Workbench) to disable Iconbefast. BB3 icon library has the patch built in apparently. I'd check the other patches too that are under the tools menu or settings.
Not according to this D00D in the other thread - apparently you can have both sets of optimisations running as they do different things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Sorry, but that's wrong since IconBeFast in SystemPatch 3.x is version 1.16 and patches the graphics.library function ObtainBestPenA() which is used by many graphic tools too (picture viewers etc). And the optimized code of the icon.library 46.4 uses IconBeFast v2 and many additional speedups, but only for icons, of course. Thus, you can use both at the same time. ObtainBestPenA() can still help to accelerate loading a collection of thumbnail images for example.

Just as background information:
The original icon.library of the AmigaOS makes up to 512 calls to graphics.library ObtainBestPenA() for the color mapping of each icon together with 512 OtainSemaphore()/ReleaseSemaphore() pairs etc. So, IconBeFast v2 avoids all these external library calls by including a copy of the OptainBestPenA() functionality directly into the icon.library which subsequently also makes a lot of further optimization possible.
This is why I don't like the idea of BB3. I set the Workbench up to work out of the box with BB2 and then people go and break everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm1 View Post
Managed to get it all installed .... I'm now gonna go break it with BB3
But at least I gave you written warning Plus new challenge - Optimisation to work out of box with BB3 now eh ?
Quote:
It's the same with the community systempatch 3.3 project that combines all the patches - there might be conflicts with what I've set up if you don't check everything.

Thankfully I add all the extras with enable and disable options.
See above - not sure all needs disabled.

CWB is so much more than optimisations and updates It R complete workbench environment. I would be lost without it N00B that I am and for that alone I many times to you sir

Andrew
Old 19 January 2010, 18:35   #8
Bloodwych

No problem Andrew.

Just glad you're getting some use out of it. You'll probably end up customising it loads yourself as many others have - in fact I encourage it! The pack just gives you a nice head start.

As for Awebb - yeah, you can remove the Internet drawer and the BB3 Aweb assign. Both are not required if you use the non-beta Aweb which is already included with the ClassicWB.

Last edited by Bloodwych; 19 January 2010 at 18:43.