English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 17 September 2009, 19:40   #1
Revival9001

Disassembling an A600

Hello,
I just got an Amiga 600 & want to install an HDD into it. I have a problem though. I can't find all the screws to disassemble it.

I found all the ones in plain sight, and one underneath the warranty seal. Where are the others?

Thanks,
David Mackay

Old 17 September 2009, 20:09   #2
kipper2k

Hi,

there are 4 screws on the underside of the case, 3 at the bottom front, and one on the bottom right side (by PCMCIA slot) as you are looking at it when the case is upside down with the front of the case closest to you

there are also 2 screws holding in the floppy drive, dont remove them until the case is open. (they are located at the back right when looking at it from the front (rightway up)

You are most likely having problems splitting the case... there are 2 plastic tabs that hold the case together even when the screws are removed. Use a small flat screwdriver and pry the case apart gently by prying the floppy drive side of the case just behind the joystick port. Dont break the tab or the case will not close properly again
Once you pry the right side loose there is another tab on the opposite side, same location..

Once the case is apart you will need to unplug the connector for the LEDs and also the keyboard
Old 31 January 2017, 07:01   #3
IvanEBC

This post is paying off, just used it to help me open an A600 i got yesterday - thank you.