plasmab
Banned

Can you at least pm me your sd.device code so I can test my hardware with it
Old 26 April 2018, 11:57   #102
solidcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmab View Post
Can you at least pm me your sd.device code so I can test my hardware with it
The internal version I am testing has been headered 'proprietary and confidential work', I'll let you know when the GitHub has been created for it.

I have not had time to make my own SD driver. However for experience purposes last week I did write an SPI module in Verilog which I can share with everyone on GitHub.
Old 26 April 2018, 12:05   #103
plasmab
Banned

K1208 8mb Fastmem board for the A1200

Ok very concerned at this. The SPI verilog module in my TF530 repo works perfectly. However I will start directing lawyers to take legal action if I think that people have closed any of my work and are deriving commercial work from it.
Old 26 April 2018, 12:24   #104
solidcore

Quote:
Ok very concerned at this. The SPI verilog module in my TF530 repo works perfectly. However I will start directing lawyers to take legal action if I think that people have closed any of my work and are deriving commercial work from it.
Well once we confirmed the board was working and knew nobody else here wanted to chime in Kipper2k and I agree that it would be better to start afresh board with a144 cell cpld which works fine and programs fine on our 4 layer board after which I took to the interwebs and looked far and afar and found someone who is more than competent (and has a history to prove that) in writing completely new code from scratch in VHDL, including the SD driver. of which he has done both. That's our current project status new board, new firmware, new drivers.
Old 26 April 2018, 12:27   #105
plasmab
Banned

It’s derived on my board. You started from that basis. Used my previous research. Will see you in court
Old 26 April 2018, 12:28   #106
plasmab
Banned

Actually no f$ckit... no more open source from me if you assh*oles are going to do that you can all sod off
Old 26 April 2018, 12:44   #107
FREEMILK

as usual 0-199 in 1 post
1 there is no commercial
2 this is a Dev board
3 relax , no one is stealing any open source
4 you shot down us trying to work with you.
Old 26 April 2018, 14:29   #108
solidcore

To clarify any miss understandings we are and have not changed our stance on opening up all the work as we said, that's the firmware, the board , sd driver and other drivers . Exciting progress with the eth driver so far.
Old 26 April 2018, 17:21   #109
zerohp

It's also worth mentioning that there is no requirement under the GPL to distribute source to the public. You're only required to make it available to those that receive the end product.

I've worked for several companies that used it to keep patches closed for internal tools that were never distributed outside the company. It's perfectly legal.
Old 26 April 2018, 17:23   #110
zerohp

It's also worth mentioning that there is no requirement under the GPL to distribute source to the public. You're only required to make it available to those that receive the end product.

Once the product is sold, the situation changes. Any buyer can request source and redistribute it.

I've worked for several companies that used it to keep patches closed for internal tools that were never distributed outside the company. It's perfectly legal.
Old 26 April 2018, 19:42   #111
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerohp View Post

Once the product is sold, the situation changes. Any buyer can request source and redistribute it.

Not releasing until a sale is very different from marking something as internal confidential.
Old 27 April 2018, 03:00   #112
kipper2k

*sighs*

the new fastmem board for the A1200 has been designed using 2 cplds (9536 and a 95144), a 4 layer board, 2MB Serial flash, SD header, 50MHZ clock for experimenting), 2 spi ports, 4 Error debug ports. and is designed for the A1200. There is no IDE on this board whatsoever. I started redesigning this when i realized that the K1208 in its initial form was going nowhere due to lack of interest in helping to get the code working in December of last year after initial promises to help get this launched. It was/is designed to be a low cost board for A1200 owners to be able to get more out of their A1200 computers without the need for the expensive options that are currently available. (check ebay for Amiga addon prices to see).

The code has been written from scratch, there is no plagiarized code on this board. The SD and Ethernet is currently working although ethernet is being tweaked for more compatibility. With all the options that are currently on this board we have only used about 55% of the CPLD (95144). The code at present is considered private by its author and if it is released it is entirely up to the author.

This board has not been sold to the general public as it is still in Dev status. If thee is a problem with the layout then i guess all fastmem boards and accelerators should be sued in court as they all use the basic layout. Interestingly though they probably all use their own code.
Old 27 April 2018, 13:07   #113
lord of time
Banned

guys this is childish - you could all do so much for the good of the community if you would stop with the ego's and take a look at the spectrum next and sonic retro communitys! all the in fighting is why we dont have nice cheap add ons for our great amigas and why big boys like jens keep ripping us off with there expensive tat. get it together for gods sake!!!!
Old 27 April 2018, 13:40   #114
Daedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord of time View Post
is why we dont have nice cheap add ons for our great amigas and why big boys like jens keep ripping us off with there expensive tat.
More expensive than you're willing to pay is not the same thing as ripping off.
Old 27 April 2018, 15:51   #115
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post

Agreed. It’s time and complexity that makes Amiga add ons expensive
Old 27 April 2018, 17:47   #116
plasmab
Banned

With reference to people talking about writing code from scratch. I think its a cop out to say that and keep your code private. It breaks the spirit of what I am trying to achieve.

Anyone could claim the code is from scratch.... so i dont buy it. If you looked at my design at all your code needs to be GPL IMHO.

With reference to people saying I should help develop specific bits of hardware or that i would support or wouldnt support.. or that i burned down people wanting to work with me... I have only got a limited amount of time to work on this. I do this part time and I have no ability to do more than I've been doing. I work with whats in front of me and open it as GPL.

I think if stuff gets generated downstream thats non GPL then thats bad form. Ultimately this is completely against what I am trying to do which is break the dumbass Amiga approach of closed source hardware, drivers and software by introducing a viral GPL license to the next generation of hardware and break it open.
Old 27 April 2018, 19:50   #117
8 Bit Dreams
Retro maniac

Quote:
With reference to people talking about writing code from scratch. I think its a cop out to say that and keep your code private. It breaks the spirit of what I am trying to achieve.

Anyone could claim the code is from scratch.... so i dont buy it. If you looked at my design at all your code needs to be GPL IMHO.

With reference to people saying I should help develop specific bits of hardware or that i would support or wouldnt support.. or that i burned down people wanting to work with me... I have only got a limited amount of time to work on this. I do this part time and I have no ability to do more than I've been doing. I work with whats in front of me and open it as GPL.

I think if stuff gets generated downstream thats non GPL then thats bad form. Ultimately this is completely against what I am trying to do which is break the dumbass Amiga approach of closed source hardware, drivers and software by introducing a viral GPL license to the next generation of hardware and break it open.
May i ask here is TF530 code open?
I am asking because i'd like to use 7ns Xilinx chips i bought at start of this project by accident. Now the cpld prices are high and it would be cool to be able to use different speed cplds instread..
Old 27 April 2018, 19:52   #118
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Bit Dreams View Post
May i ask here is TF530 code open?
I am asking because i'd like to use 7ns Xilinx chips i bought at start of this project by accident. Now the cpld prices are high and it would be cool to be able to use different speed cplds instread..
Yes, its open and GPL.

https://github.com/terriblefire/tf530/tree/dev/

But dont expect anything from me to be again... including the 534 or the 540. Those are now firmly closed for good.

EDIT: The project will continue but i'm not GPL'ing things that i havent already opened.

Last edited by plasmab; 28 April 2018 at 09:31.
Old 28 April 2018, 13:38   #119
lord of time
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
I never said it was - but the fact of the matter is I have paid time and time again for expensive products that have failed or not been worth such a large amount of cash and the constant in fighting amongst the guys with the smarts to fix this is a big problem! I paid full whack for not 1, not 2 but 3 rapidroads and they all just died for no reason, I paid the full price for a indivision ecs to find that its buggy as hell so yes forgive me for not being in a position to keep shelling out to bigger companys... I would rather support the little guys
!
Old 05 May 2018, 15:19   #120
mkstr

Hi All,

Just came here to introduce myself and the work I've been doing on the K1208. We've just released a new VHDL implementation of the logic which includes 4MB/8MB switchable fastmem and two concurrent SPI ports, one of which supports an external interrupt. To accompany the release there are a pair of Amiga drivers supporting the on-board micro SD slot and an ENC28J60 ethernet module connected to the expansion header.

All of the source code is available under GPLv3 on Github.

You can read more here.

Mike