English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 27 December 2010, 02:53   #1
Djay
aka breakpoint

Djay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Brighton / UK
Age: 44
Posts: 3,091
WTD: fixed RGB Scart to Amiga Cable

i really need an RGB Scart to Amiga cable, one that has been doctored (fixed) to work on LCD TVs

if anyone has the know how to do this themselves and would then charge me a reasonable fee please reply

i could either supply the cable and your fee or supply the money for both

i have the money in paypal waiting!

i would actually like 2, but 1 is all good for now
Djay is offline  
Old 01 January 2011, 01:15   #2
Richardsk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay View Post
i really need an RGB Scart to Amiga cable, one that has been doctored (fixed) to work on LCD TVs

if anyone has the know how to do this themselves and would then charge me a reasonable fee please reply

i could either supply the cable and your fee or supply the money for both

i have the money in paypal waiting!

i would actually like 2, but 1 is all good for now

Just buy the RGB scart from Amigakit. The ones on ebay you can never tell.
Richardsk is offline  
Old 01 January 2011, 20:59   #3
alexh
Thalion Webshrine
alexh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Oxford
Posts: 12,387
Are the cables from Amigakit wired correctly? Most are not.
alexh is offline  
Old 01 January 2011, 21:02   #4
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

FOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Barry / UK
Age: 41
Posts: 5,753
Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Are the cables from Amigakit wired correctly?
Yes they are.
FOL is offline  
Old 01 January 2011, 21:21   #5
alexh
Thalion Webshrine
alexh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Oxford
Posts: 12,387
I'm impressed. Most are only partially wired and miss out lots of grounds. Others have the wrong resistor value (or no resistor) on the composite sync wire and RGB/AV select wires.

If it is wired as described in Stedy's RGB SCART diagram then you should include a similar wiring diagram alongside this item on the Amigakit website. This would increase confidence when buying.

Had this information been on the website then I would probably have bought one rather than make my last one.

FYI there is a dead link on the AmigaKit SCART webpage to a 4.8m cable.
alexh is offline  
Old 01 January 2011, 21:43   #6
Djay
aka breakpoint

Djay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Brighton / UK
Age: 44
Posts: 3,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Yes they are.
can you confirm that they are wired for LCD TVs, like Stedy's RGB SCART diagram?

if so i will buy one write now!
Djay is offline  
Old 03 January 2011, 23:12   #7
haymigga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Aarhus
Posts: 28
I would also buy a cable if the diagram from Ian is used.

Otherwise, I guess I might as well try my luck with this one...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Commodore-Amig...ht_3190wt_1141

on surface it at least has @gold@ connectors that could signal some quality
haymigga is offline  
Old 04 January 2011, 01:11   #8
amigakit.com
Registered User

amigakit.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: www.amigakit.com
Posts: 1,897
Our cables are correctly wired. If you want the cable confirmed to be identical to a specific wiring diagram, place your requirements in the order comments during Checkout.
amigakit.com is offline  
Old 04 January 2011, 07:27   #9
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!
PowerPie5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Blackpool, UK
Posts: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by haymigga View Post
on surface it at least has @gold@ connectors that could signal some quality
I've yet to see/hear this make a difference (i think it's just a marketing gimmick). Are your TV scart sockets, Amiga RGB & audio ports gold plated?
PowerPie5000 is offline  
Old 04 January 2011, 07:48   #10
haymigga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Aarhus
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post
Our cables are correctly wired. If you want the cable confirmed to be identical to a specific wiring diagram, place your requirements in the order comments during Checkout.
Order for the 5m cable sent and paid
haymigga is offline  
Old 04 January 2011, 10:24   #11
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

FOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Barry / UK
Age: 41
Posts: 5,753
Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPie5000 View Post
I've yet to see/hear this make a difference (i think it's just a marketing gimmick).
I agree, if anyone can physically see the difference, then they must be super human.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPie5000 View Post
Are your TV scart sockets, Amiga RGB & audio ports gold plated?
No, they never have been.
FOL is offline  
Old 04 January 2011, 20:21   #12
Photon
Moderator

Photon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Eksjö / Sweden
Posts: 4,819
Gold (etc) plating has less to do with noticable difference and more to do with knowing that you have the best possible connection. But it's only necessary for big installations such as a chain of cables totalling 500m in a studio, for example. And only for weakly-amplified signals that don't resemble power connections. Nobody needs gold-plated 230V cables, the power will get there... Even if the contacts have etched/rusted/deteriorated. But for portable equipment that see a lot of exposure to the elements or long installations that should stay the same for years and years, gold (noble metal) plating serves a purpose.

And btw the 5M SCART cable I bought from Amigakit a couple years ago gave a washed-out, composite-quality picture on my CRT TV. No, I haven't checked properly that the TV has RGB SCART. Suffice to say that all other equipment connected via scart (DVD, cable-TV box and misc computers via s-video and composite had better picture quality...

But for me I don't really care, main thing that I have the cable, so I can solder it to my liking. Just some feedback.
Photon is offline  
Old 04 January 2011, 22:08   #13
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

FOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Barry / UK
Age: 41
Posts: 5,753
Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
Gold (etc) plating has less to do with noticable difference and more to do with knowing that you have the best possible connection. But it's only necessary for big installations such as a chain of cables totalling 500m in a studio, for example. And only for weakly-amplified signals that don't resemble power connections. Nobody needs gold-plated 230V cables, the power will get there... Even if the contacts have etched/rusted/deteriorated. But for portable equipment that see a lot of exposure to the elements or long installations that should stay the same for years and years, gold (noble metal) plating serves a purpose.
lol, All you had to say is, you couldnt see a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
And btw the 5M SCART cable I bought from Amigakit a couple years ago gave a washed-out, composite-quality picture on my CRT TV. No, I haven't checked properly that the TV has RGB SCART. Suffice to say that all other equipment connected via scart (DVD, cable-TV box and misc computers via s-video and composite had better picture quality...
Huh, important words to point out here "A couple of years ago".
No. 1, I didnt work for Amigakit a couple of years ago, so you proberly had a NOS cable, wired for CRT standards.
No. 2, Bet you didnt report anything to Amigakit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
But for me I don't really care, main thing that I have the cable, so I can solder it to my liking. Just some feedback.
Your giving feed back on a product you bought over 2 years ago and you have decided that our new cables are the same?
FOL is offline  
Old 04 January 2011, 22:13   #14
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!
PowerPie5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Blackpool, UK
Posts: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
No, they never have been.
I'm basically implying any audio/visual benefits a gold plated scart cable can offer (if there are any) will be rendered useless as Amiga's don't have gold plated ports and neither do most TV's. I'm sure the materials used will need to be the same throughout the whole system and not just the cable
PowerPie5000 is offline  
Old 04 January 2011, 22:46   #15
Djay
aka breakpoint

Djay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Brighton / UK
Age: 44
Posts: 3,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post
Our cables are correctly wired. If you want the cable confirmed to be identical to a specific wiring diagram, place your requirements in the order comments during Checkout.
Order 16576

i have ordered a cable from Amigakit.com and requested that it is one has been fix for LCD TVs in the notes...
Djay is offline  
Old 05 January 2011, 00:04   #16
Photon
Moderator

Photon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Eksjö / Sweden
Posts: 4,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
lol, All you had to say is, you couldnt see a difference.
lol, I gave the list of situations where gold plating makes a difference. I'm not talking about me at all, or picture quality. It was alleged that gold plating in general was only "for show". Not quite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Your giving feed back on a product you bought over 2 years ago and you have decided that our new cables are the same?
Bought July 2008 and still being sold, so now that you made me go look I have no choice but say yes. Even though I specifically said that I didn't care because I can solder them to my liking. It was suggested that all Amigakit SCART cables are problem-free. Well, mine wasn't.
Photon is offline  
Old 05 January 2011, 06:58   #17
lolafg
Registered User

lolafg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tours/France
Age: 48
Posts: 1,233
Minimig related , it seems i have the same problem that is explained in this thread : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...=minimig+scart

@ Fol , did you have a look to had this +5v to vga to scart cable for Minimig or is there a way to buy one from Amigakit or send you back the one i bought to have this modification done ?

Thanks.
lolafg is offline  
Old 05 January 2011, 10:43   #18
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

FOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Barry / UK
Age: 41
Posts: 5,753
Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
It was suggested that all Amigakit SCART cables are problem-free. Well, mine wasn't.
They are now, I didnt suggest they all were in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolafg View Post
Minimig related , it seems i have the same problem that is explained in this thread : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...=minimig+scart

@ Fol , did you have a look to had this +5v to vga to scart cable for Minimig or is there a way to buy one from Amigakit or send you back the one i bought to have this modification done ?

Thanks.
Completely unrelated.
So you want a wire and resisitor hard wired to your Minimig?

Please post in the other thread.
FOL is offline  
Old 05 January 2011, 22:57   #19
prowler
Global Moderator

prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sidcup, England
Posts: 10,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Completely unrelated.
So you want a wire and resisitor hard wired to your Minimig?

Please post in the other thread.
Hey, the other thread is closed!
prowler is offline  
Old 11 January 2011, 18:45   #20
Djay
aka breakpoint

Djay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Brighton / UK
Age: 44
Posts: 3,091
received cable it works perfectly and is indeed fixed for LCD TV...

i have no interference effect anymore... just a crisp picture

thanks FOL
Djay is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amiga 1200 & RGB scart cable results in very dark picture mrleeman support.Hardware 15 21 April 2019 19:48
For sale: External floppy drive + RGB scart cable (Amiga) PowerPie5000 MarketPlace 0 20 May 2010 15:33
Amiga RGB to Scart TV cable diagram Anemos Hardware mods 11 16 July 2009 23:22
RGB to scart cable Hungry Horace MarketPlace 9 07 November 2007 10:06
For Sale: Amiga RGB Scart cable rattus MarketPlace 0 13 November 2005 10:39

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.09765 seconds with 15 queries