English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 27 July 2016, 10:48   #1
tonesmalone

CDTV Rare Games Request

Hey folks

I'm looking for some rare CDTV games, if anyone can help I'd be extremely grateful

- Alistar in Outer Space CDTV
- Battle Chess CDTV [FOUND]
- Music Maker CDTV
- Power Games CDTV
- Strip Poker Live CDTV [FOUND]

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by tonesmalone; 31 July 2016 at 10:11.

Old 27 July 2016, 10:56   #2
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonesmalone View Post
Hey folks

I'm looking for some rare CDTV games, if anyone can help I'd be extremely grateful

- Alistar in Outer Space CDTV
- Battle Chess CDTV
- Music Maker CDTV
- Power Games CDTV
- Strip Poker Live CDTV

Thanks in advance!
Hello there tonesmalone,

Welcome to EAB

I'm sure I have "Battle Chess CDTV" at home so can upload tonight (though you may find it already on the "EAB File Server", see here for details / access: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=43633). Try looking under the directory "Commodore_Amiga/CD/CDTV"

As for "Strip Poker Live CDTV", myself & DrBong recently purchased this and made an image. See this thread: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=54352 and the file can be found on the "EAB File Server" server under the directory "/~Uploads/DamienD/CDTV/"
Old 27 July 2016, 10:57   #3
tonesmalone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Hello there tonesmalone,

Welcome to EAB

I'm sure I have "Battle Chess CDTV" at home so can upload tonight (though you may find it already on the "EAB File Server", see here for details / access: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=43633)

As for "Strip Poker Live CDTV" myself & DrBong recently purchased this and made an image. See this thread: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=54352 and I made an image which can be found on the "EAB File Server" server under the directory "/~Uploads/DamienD/CDTV/" filename "[CDTV] Strip Poker Live.rar"
That's fantastic! Thanks very much for your help

I've had a look through the file server - and aren't seeing battle chess cdtv, unless I'm missing something.

Old 27 July 2016, 11:02   #4
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonesmalone View Post
That's fantastic! Thanks very much for your help

I've had a look through the file server - and aren't seeing battle chess cdtv, unless I'm missing something.
It may not be there; didn't check myself...

I'll take a look on my hard drives for this (and the others you've listed) when I get home tonight
Old 27 July 2016, 11:03   #5
tonesmalone

Quote:
It may not be there; didn't check myself... I'll check my hard drives when I get home
Legend - much appreciated

Old 27 July 2016, 20:30   #6
DamienD
Global Moderator

Legend?!? Well not really, in fact "muppet" is probably a better word to describe me ATM...

Anyway, just checked through my hard drives and I don't actually have "Battle Chess [CDTV]" like I though I did

You can get the [CD32] version from "EmuParadise" these days; from my hazy memory I *think* it may work on both CD32 and CDTV but don't quote me...

http://www.emuparadise.me/Amiga_CD32...)[!]/57569

What I do have in case anyone is interested is as follows:

Code:
[Amiga CDTV] Sherlock Holmes - Consulting Detective (Beta 1).rar
[CDTV] E.S.S.Mega (Coktel.Vision)(1992)[MPO05].rar
[CDTV] Space Wars.rar
[CDTV] Turrican 2.zip
Air Warrior (CDTV).rar
Amiga CDTV - CD32 Parasol Stars (CloneCD) by Ararat.rar
Amiga CDTV - Fractal Universe ( by O).rar
Amiga CDTV - Indiana.Jones.and.the.Last.Crusade.(1992).German.CDTV.rar
Amiga CDTV - Turrican II.zip
Amiga CDTV - Turrican.zip
Commodore.Amiga.CDTV.-.Chaos.in.Andromeda.-.Eyes.of.the.Eagle.(1992)(On-Line)[!][1122-094-0321].MarcoM.MCSteam.rar
Commodore.Amiga.CDTV.-.Lemmings.(1994)(Psygnosis)[50163].MarcoM.MCSTeam.rar
Commodore.Amiga.CDTV.-.Psygnosis.Demo.(19xx)(Commodore)[!][G-5664].MarcoM.MCSteam.rar
Commodore.Amiga.CDTV.-.Shiftrix.&.Lettrix.(1991)(Software.2000)(De)[!][50174].MarcoM.MCSTeam.rar
Commodore.Amiga.CDTV.-.Wrath.Of.The.Demon.(1990)(ReadySoft)[!][U26Y0100B].MarcoM.MCSTeam.rar
Cover Girl Strip Poker (CDTV).rar
Defender of the Crown (1991)(CDTV Publishing)[!].zip
Defender of the Crown 2 CDTV.rar
Defender of the Crown CDTV.rar
Defender of the Crown CDTV.rar
Falcon (CDTV).rar
Galaga Deluxe CDTV.rar
Guy Spy and the Crystals of Armageddon (CDTV).rar
Holiday Maker (CDTV).rar
Murder Makes Strange Deadfellows CDTV.rar
North Polar Expedition CDTV.rar
Pinocchio (CDTV).rar
Prehistorik (CDTV).rar
Psycho Killer (CDTV).rar
Raffles CDTV.rar
Rise_Of_The_Dragon Amiga CDTV.rar
Snoopy (CDTV).rar
Spirit of Excalibur (CDTV).rar
The Case of the Cautious Condor [CDTV].rar
The Hound of the Baskervilles [CDTV] {RIP}.rar
The Hound of the Baskervilles [CDTV].rar
Turrican 2 CDTV.rar
Turrican CDTV.rar
Ultimate Basketball (CDTV).rar
Xenon 2 - Megablast [CDTV] {RIP}.rar
Xenon 2 - Megablast [CDTV].rar
DrBong is absolutely going to kill me; I had "Cover Girl Strip Poker (CDTV).rar" back in 2007 all along

Might upload this into the directory "Commodore_Amiga/CD/CDTV" now as I had a small issue when imaging the original CD that we purchased (though it works fine).
Old 27 July 2016, 21:49   #7
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Might upload this into the directory "Commodore_Amiga/CD/CDTV" now as I had a small issue when imaging the original CD that we purchased (though it works fine).
Ok, have now finished uploading this "alternative" image to the one provided by myself / DrBong from the original CD this year (under the directory "/~Uploads/DamienD/CDTV")

...from a quick analysis this 2007 image has also been made use "CloneCD".
Old 27 July 2016, 21:58   #8
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Anyway, just checked through my hard drives and I don't actually have "Battle Chess [CDTV]" like I though I did
Is Battle Chess CDTV not available as an ISO on the net?

Quote:
DrBong is absolutely going to kill me; I had "Cover Girl Strip Poker (CDTV).rar" back in 2007 all along

Is the one from 2007 a perfect copy? Have you done a compare of the two CD images?

BTW I forgot to mention to you that a couple of months ago I spent a whole night with my mate up the road trying to produce a perfect image of Strip Poker CDTV on the PeeCee. We tried about a dozen apps old and new, most of which are/were legendary for making CD images, and none were able to produce any better results than what you did.

Despite being an ex-Amiga nut, my mate was convinced that it was some sort of copy-protection. When I told him that the chances of that were almost nil since the game was manufactured in the early 90s, a few years before consumer CD burners were readily available/affordable, he was stumped. Personally, I'm not aware of copy-protection on CD games hitting the Amiga until Rob Northen adapted RNC for a handful of CD32 games in the mid-90s (e.g. Chuck Rock, James Pond 3, Cannon Fodder), but that hasn't prevented perfect 1:1 copies being made of them. It makes the situation with Strip Poker CDTV very puzzling!

Anyway, the last resort option that I haven't tried yet is imaging Strip Poker Live on an Ami set-up using something like MakeCD or MasterISO, but I'll need to sort out more HD space first in order to write the image. Probably won't happen anytime soon, though......

Last edited by DrBong; 27 July 2016 at 22:04.
Old 27 July 2016, 22:16   #9
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
Is Battle Chess CDTV not available as an ISO on the net?
Yeah most probably in a full "TOSEC - Amiga CDTV" torrent but haven't looked

Quote:
Is the one from 2007 a perfect copy? Have you done a compare of the two CD images?
No idea; it's definitely a "CloneCD" image like the one I made so unless the original imager tried something that I didn't know of (in terms of configuration / settings within "CloneCD"; or most probably a different version of "CloneCD" as I used the latest available) then my guess is that it's the same...

Any software that you know of to compare images byte for byte?

Quote:
BTW I forgot to mention to you that a couple of months ago I spent a whole night with my mate up the road trying to produce a perfect image of Strip Poker CDTV on the PeeCee. We tried about a dozen apps old and new, most of which are/were legendary for making CD images, and none were able to produce any better results than what you did.

Despite being an ex-Amiga nut, my mate was convinced that it was some sort of copy-protection. When I told him that the chances of that were almost nil since the game was manufactured in the early 90s, a few years before consumer CD burners were readily available/affordable, he was stumped. Personally, I'm not aware of copy-protection on CD games hitting the Amiga until Rob Northen adapted RNC for a handful of CD32 games in the mid-90s (e.g. Chuck Rock, James Pond 3, Cannon Fodder), but that hasn't prevented perfect 1:1 copies being made of them. It makes the situation with Strip Poker CDTV very puzzling!

Anyway, the last resort option that I haven't tried yet is imaging Strip Poker Live on an Ami set-up using something like MakeCD or MasterISO, but I'll need to sort out more HD space first in order to write the image. Probably won't happen anytime soon, though......
Well; if you do find the time (and free up some hard drive space), it would be very interesting to see if you can get a 100% image created

Last edited by DamienD; 27 July 2016 at 22:24.
Old 28 July 2016, 12:57   #10
brolly

Battle Chess CDTV is available on GameBase CDTV (TOSEC doesn't have it), would be nice to have a proper dump of it though so DrBong if you have it...

Did you test that Cover Girl from 2007 Damien? There was an old version of it floating around, but it was botched, maybe that's the one you have? You can also CRC compare both dumps and see if the img files will match.

Btw DrBong, just a heads up for when you have the chance to don't forget to scan the Cover Girl CD/artwork

Alistar in Outer Space is still undumped, there's at least one known collector who has it, but apparently won't dump it. I've been trying to hunt down a copy for dumping for a long time, but no luck.
Old 29 July 2016, 13:45   #11
tonesmalone

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolly View Post
Battle Chess CDTV is available on GameBase CDTV (TOSEC doesn't have it), would be nice to have a proper dump of it though so DrBong if you have it...

Did you test that Cover Girl from 2007 Damien? There was an old version of it floating around, but it was botched, maybe that's the one you have? You can also CRC compare both dumps and see if the img files will match.

Btw DrBong, just a heads up for when you have the chance to don't forget to scan the Cover Girl CD/artwork

Alistar in Outer Space is still undumped, there's at least one known collector who has it, but apparently won't dump it. I've been trying to hunt down a copy for dumping for a long time, but no luck.
Awesome - thanks for the info brolly

Shame about Alistar - hopefully it'll show up soon

Last edited by tonesmalone; 29 July 2016 at 13:51.

Old 29 July 2016, 15:05   #12
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

The 'GameBase CDTV' seems rare, the torrents links are dead (no seeders).
Anyone got a link?
Old 29 July 2016, 15:06   #13
tonesmalone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
The 'GameBase CDTV' seems rare, the torrents links are dead (no seeders).
Anyone got a link?
Ditto

Old 29 July 2016, 15:50   #14
idrougge

I've access to a great deal of CDTV software, what Amiga software is recommended for dumping them?
Old 29 July 2016, 16:19   #15
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrougge View Post
I've access to a great deal of CDTV software, what Amiga software is recommended for dumping them?
I would say go with what DrBong has mentioned

Quote:
Old 29 July 2016, 18:25   #16
rygar

DamienD
Try to check image with CDMage. It will show you if this image have also those errors.
Old 30 July 2016, 05:13   #17
brolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrougge View Post
Would probably be easier to dump it from a PC if that's a possibility.

I have the Battle Chess iso on an old machine, I'll try grabbing it and upload later.
Old 31 July 2016, 05:47   #18
brolly

Battle Chess is now available at ~Uploads\brolly.
Old 31 July 2016, 09:53   #19
tonesmalone

Quote:
Awesome thanks brolly

Old 07 August 2016, 00:14   #20
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Quote:
What do you mean by a "proper" dump? Is there something wrong with what you upped?

Quote:
I haven't forgotten about this one......it's in the queue!