English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 18 September 2012, 22:04   #1641
Mr B

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolof View Post
I wrote a message to amigakit support 10 days ago with a link of this thread with what jens said about refund.
I have no idea how he intended refunds to work out, but, i do have a question on the topic of the Amigakit response time. Did you use the support feature available to you when logged in? I'm asking since they usually respond within a day or so when i use that.

Last edited by Mr B; 18 September 2012 at 23:29.
Old 19 September 2012, 12:37   #1642
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolof View Post
Just to report :

I am trying to take the opportunity given in this thread to send back the indivision mk2 to amigakit and get refund as this card is not usable for me and that the tools are not coming.
I wrote a message to amigakit support 10 days ago with a link of this thread with what jens said about refund. Until now I got no reply !!!
So, is this possibility accepted by the reseller ???
AmigaKit has moved to a new building and they're only back up and running since a few days. All support tickets have been answered, according to Matthew Leaman. If you have sent an eMail without using the support ticket system, it might have been caught in the spamfilter. I'm sure that AmigaKit will accept your return, as I in turn accept the return from AmigaKit.

The offer is still standing and will remain until the flashtool is available. At this point, I will only be able to publish screenshots of the tool, but there is no FPGA core that makes use of the config data, so it'll still take some time until you will be able to make use of the tool.

I can totally understand that you're not willing to wait any longer. I have written a separate eMail to AmigaKit so they will arrange your product return in time.

Jens
Old 19 September 2012, 21:52   #1643
amigakit.com

@lolof

I inquired about your Support Ticket today and have been told that it is answered. Please login to our webstore for the details. Thank you.
Old 19 September 2012, 22:10   #1644
diablothe2nd

Jens, I think I speak for many here when asking this, as i'm starting to get worried in terms of warranty etc:

I still currently have no way of seeing the product working because none of my displays will accept the settings supplied on the shipped firmware.

If this software arrives after a year from my date of purchase (which would then be out of the statutory 12 month warranty for us Europeans) will i still be able to get a refund or replacement if i then discover it's faulty?

I'm not willing to return my product only to have to pay more to purchase it again when the software comes out, but I'd like to know if you will honour an extended warranty from the date you do release the config tools?
Old 20 September 2012, 05:02   #1645
AmigaDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Sorry for posting twice. I'm wondering if it's possible to use the drivers for the monitors using the Indivision from the beginning. I mean, I want to use PicBoot. Can I?

This is an example, using HighGfx:

[ Show youtube player ]

I have to change with the remote from Ext to see PicBoot, to Hdmi later.
That video isn't really all in 16 colors, is it? I am confused, but does anyone have the email address of the person who created that video? I would like to contact him to get some of his ideas on my own A1200 w/A1260 & SCSI controller w/256mb Fast RAM. He has a very nice looking setup on his A1200 w/ACA1256 and it seems to run very fast.

I want to duplicate some things he has done on my own A1200.
Old 20 September 2012, 05:35   #1646
AmigaDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablothe2nd View Post
Jens, I think I speak for many here when asking this, as i'm starting to get worried in terms of warranty etc:

I still currently have no way of seeing the product working because none of my displays will accept the settings supplied on the shipped firmware.

If this software arrives after a year from my date of purchase (which would then be out of the statutory 12 month warranty for us Europeans) will i still be able to get a refund or replacement if i then discover it's faulty?

I'm not willing to return my product only to have to pay more to purchase it again when the software comes out, but I'd like to know if you will honour an extended warranty from the date you do release the config tools?
I would not think that Individual Computers and Jens would ever be a company or person I would ever worry about receiving warranty work from, or returning a product that was faulty. I do not know exactly when the IndivisionAGA Mk2 was first released for sale, but I doubt it could have been more than a few weeks ago. Maybe I am wrong and it has been out longer, but I still think that it is too early to see this much concern from the owners that the firmware is not working properly. If I am going to trust anyone to complete the required firmware, or accept returns of hardware that does not work properly and will not work properly in the future, I would trust Jens to follow through and deliver a solid product. Just look at his track record and decide for yourself.

Have some patience and trust. I know of no one who has any reason to distrust Jens and his company of Individual Computers. Distrust and complaints without giving him the time needed to provide the required fix, will only discourage him from continuing to produce and sell future gear for our beloved Amiga computers.
Old 20 September 2012, 08:40   #1647
diablothe2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaDave View Post
I do not know exactly when the IndivisionAGA Mk2 was first released for sale, but I doubt it could have been more than a few weeks ago.
I've had mine almost 5 months.

I'm not trying to stir distrust here. I think it's a perfectly valid question, and didn't warrant a fanboy answer. I too trust Jens and am very pleased with all his products. It's one thing to assume whether he will extend the warranty, it's another to actually ask and find out. If anything, having the man himself agree to extend the warranty would only have a positive effect.
Old 20 September 2012, 10:29   #1648
Yarc

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablothe2nd View Post
I've had mine almost 5 months.

I'm not trying to stir distrust here. I think it's a perfectly valid question, and didn't warrant a fanboy answer. I too trust Jens and am very pleased with all his products. It's one thing to assume whether he will extend the warranty, it's another to actually ask and find out. If anything, having the man himself agree to extend the warranty would only have a positive effect.
I think this is a valid question considering the extended time we are waiting. I've had my unit for about 4 months and pretty confident it's working and will work for many years to come. However, I can't be 100% sure until I can properly use it. If we were unlucky enought to have a failure within 12 months from when the software is released but outside the 12 months from when purchased, would they honour the warranty?

That said, we must accept that we ordered knowing the software was not ready.
Old 20 September 2012, 11:04   #1649
PopoCop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarc View Post
That said, we must accept that we ordered knowing the software was not ready.
Yes, but it was said that software will be available in May/June 2012.
Old 20 September 2012, 12:21   #1650
Yarc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopoCop View Post
Yes, but it was said that software will be available in May/June 2012.
I know, and that is why the question is valid. But, we may have to accept that the warranty starts from the purchase date. I don't know about this and don't want to speculate. Just mentioned it as an after thought. Best wait for the official line.
Old 20 September 2012, 14:23   #1651
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaDave View Post
That video isn't really all in 16 colors, is it? I am confused, but does anyone have the email address of the person who created that video? I would like to contact him to get some of his ideas on my own A1200 w/A1260 & SCSI controller w/256mb Fast RAM. He has a very nice looking setup on his A1200 w/ACA1256 and it seems to run very fast.

I want to duplicate some things he has done on my own A1200.
I know the one that made that video very well .
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=65691
You can PM anything and yes, all is with 16 colors and Rebel's palette, some patches and PeterK's icon library. Really it goes fast as thunder , but now it looks a little better, with a nice SongFace and small things. I will make a video as soon as I'll have a Cf to use as HD.
Old 20 September 2012, 14:47   #1652
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Don't worry about warranty: I don't play close by the (law-)book, but by fairness. THis includes:

- full two-year warranty
EU laws require:
One year warratny, then a reversal of the burden of proof for a second year. In practise, this means that within the first year, it is assumed that the unit was faulty from the factory, and during the second year, the customer must prove that the defect was already present from the factory (which is essentially not possible for the average user).

iComp warranty is two years:
This means the most practical and uncomplicated solution: If you don't tinker on the unit or do anything stupid like inserting it the wrong way or in the wrong place, you can always come to me and have the unit repaired for free. Warranty is handled through your reseller, and should the reseller not be there any more for some reason, you can claim warranty directly.

iComp warranty is transferrable: This means that the warranty is not tied to the first owner, but to the unit. Some companies only give warranty to the first owner, which I find unfair and highly questionable about legality of this practise.

That said, there are some cases where you still have to pay something, and that's if you send your unit back and it's found to be perfectly functional. Ever since I've been in this business, I've had customers who send back their stuff a few weeks before the warranty runs out. Funny error descriptions or no error description at all, along with a proof of purchase that has a date on it with "almost no warranty any more" are pretty strong indicators for such a case. I've even had lawsuits in the past years about the cost that these cases cause, and I've won all of them. These cases have gotten far less, and I trust that you guys don't play this kind of game.

Jens
Old 20 September 2012, 14:50   #1653
diablothe2nd

so we get two years to find a fault? that's cool then, i'm sure the software wont take that long
Old 20 September 2012, 15:02   #1654
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

thanks for that jens

so guys stop worrying we will get this and all will be OK 
Old 20 September 2012, 15:51   #1655
Yarc

You can't say fairer than that! It was a valid question and we got a very good answer.
Old 20 September 2012, 16:21   #1656
paulo_becas

Will you guys give Jens a break???
Look i think it's awesome what you do and you can't be more straight forward regarding the hardware you sell.
If the people aren't sure of the hardware their going to buy then don't buy it before you collect enough information about it's possible issues. I know i'll do that and stop bitching about the indi issues, just have patience and wait for the tool.
Mine works like a charm i couldn't be more happy with it.

Sorry if i offend someone it's not my intention
Old 20 September 2012, 17:01   #1657
diablothe2nd

easy for you to say when yours works mate. not easy to read when mine doesn't!

it's been said before, we bought it knowing the tool would be out a month later. you are fortunate enough to have a monitor capable of displaying the default firmware. we have to wait.

probably not a great idea to piss off the people that have patiently waited 5 months. this was a warranty question, not a moan! jees
Old 20 September 2012, 17:14   #1658
Mr B

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_becas View Post
Will you guys give Jens a break???
We all did.

Quote:
If the people aren't sure of the hardware their going to buy then don't buy it before you collect enough information about it's possible issues. I know i'll do that
I don't know, but when i bought this hardware, i was fully aware that there wasn't going to be a software to fully configure it for some time. Some time was diffusely defined as "a couple of months". With this knowledge i bought my unit the 23'd of march. To date, thats 6 months minus 3 days. At what point do you feel "a couple of months" has passed? I for one would say that was a while ago. Jens him-self says that was a while ago, apologizes, and offers to let anyone who bought one return their unit. In all fairness, thats all he can do, and the reason for why i'm holding on to mine still.

Quote:
Mine works like a charm i couldn't be more happy with it.
Gratz. Mine works on a CRT monitor i got locked in a server cabinet, and sort of works (got the "vertical lines") on a LCD in the diagnose center. Doesn't work, at all, on the main monitors, nor my TV, where i was supposed to actually use it. (The TV that is.) At least i've been able to confirm the unit WORKS with my hardware, and that i will be able to configure it. For those that cant even get it running at al, i'm sort of worried they might have a slightly harder time to run the configuration software, and get their systems sorted out.

Quote:
stop bitching about the indi issues, just have patience and wait for the tool.
I moved this quote, as the order of my answers made more sense like this, even if you said it earlier on in your post. It's no wonder your content with the situation, yours works. I actually fail to see how you got any right to judge anyone who's sitting with a bought piece of hardware they cant even confirm is working or not.

Quote:
Sorry if i offend someone it's not my intention
I think your post, to some, couldn't have been more offending even if you tried.
Old 20 September 2012, 17:22   #1659
diablothe2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
I think your post, to some, couldn't have been more offending even if you tried.
couldn't agree more
Old 20 September 2012, 17:35   #1660
paulo_becas

Sorry guys, it was a bad moment for me.
I am waiting also for the tool because i can't get it to run proper in some resolutions, i also had my hands full with it but i manage to get it to work 3 amigas later and a few monitors as well.
I think there's been to much speculation about this issue. Like i said, Jens, as usual, is crystal clear about this issue. People keep asking for it and don't even read the posts.
I bet that when it comes out there will be plenty of people "shouting" that it's here.

Once again it was a bad moment for me and i apologize, it won't happen again, i'm having a bad day

Cheers to all amigans and i hope you guys haren't pissed with me or is it too late?