Corporation - Mission Disk
Dream Cars [AGA]
Epic Extra Missions
Magic-Jumper
Myth
The Amazing Spider-Man
Wonderland
This now brings the total number of games in my collection to 2900

For me this is a massive milestone... never in a million years did I think I'd reach 2900 games i.e. 600 additions since the public base release back in January 2018.

It's been a long, hard struggle; especially trying to find decent games over the past year... anyway, got there somehow

PMs will be sent out shortly
All very much appreciated but you know you want to hit the big 3000

Seriously, thank you D.
Old 19 November 2019, 20:25   #2503
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Now comes the fun part

Every 10 x "Update Packs" I usually re-upload everything to save people the trouble of having to manually apply each "Update Pack" individually...

RCK for example; doesn't want to be included in individual "Update Pack" PMs and waits for this new "Base Install + Update Packs 1 - #"

...so will begin this process shortly, but given the slow speed of my ADSL internet connection it's bound to take over 30 hours
Quote:
Now I can finally go to sleep

...as all new 32 x 500MB parts for the "Base Install + Update Packs #1 - 30" are currently uploading
Damn my slow ADSL internet connection

It takes roughly 83 minutes to upload a 500MB part; and there are 32 parts

...this is about 44 hours; I started uploading this morning at 1:30am so you can guess when it will be completed.

Edit: at 11:30pm tonight; exactly 50% has now been uploaded, which has taken 22 hours... this means all should be completed by roughly 9:30pm tomorrow night

Last edited by DamienD; 20 November 2019 at 00:35.
Old 20 November 2019, 23:00   #2504
DamienD
Banned

Phew, all new 32 x 500MB parts for the "Base Install + Update Packs #1 - 30" have finally completed uploading!!!

For anyone that currently has my collection; I'd suggest doing the following, which will make your life easier and less hassle going forward if you ever need to re-install:
  • Blow away everything that I've given you prior to now.
  • PM me for the new URLs.
  • Download and save somewhere onto external media i.e. a hard drive or USB stick.
  • Enjoy!!!
Old 20 November 2019, 23:26   #2505
wiz12

Nice work Damien, I appreciate the time and effort you spent uploading this monster of a collection.

I think I've got your collection fairly up to date but errors can creep in I suppose so I wouldn't mind getting those links of you please?
Old 20 November 2019, 23:30   #2506
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
Nice work Damien, I appreciate the time and effort you spent uploading this monster of a collection.

I think I've got your collection fairly up to date but errors can creep in I suppose so I wouldn't mind getting those links of you please?
Check your PMs wiz12
Old 20 November 2019, 23:31   #2507
wiz12

Quote:
Check your PMs wiz12

Got it,Thanks!
Old 21 November 2019, 10:11   #2508
Gryzor

DamienD is god. Such an amazing job, and he even found the time to send me a PM answering to my previous post!

I would have sworn I had donated, but I'm looking through my PP transfers and see nothing. This project deserves all the gratitude it can get, so I'm doing it now

Thanks again!
Old 21 November 2019, 19:30   #2509
DamienD
Banned

Decided that I should rename "Dragon Ninja" --> "Bad Dudes vs. Dragon Ninja" considering:

... the boxes show "Bad Dudes vs. Dragon Ninja".
... the TOSEC filenames are "Bad Dudes vs. Dragon Ninja".

So, please do the following:
  • Delete the configuration file "Dragon Ninja.uae" from "C:\WinUAE\Configurations".
  • Delete the <gamedir> "Dragon Ninja" from "C:\WinUAE\Games".
  • Download and extract the attached into "C:\WinUAE".

Last edited by DamienD; 30 November 2019 at 21:55.
Old 21 November 2019, 19:30   #2510
DamienD
Banned

Slightly adjusted the configuration file for Breed 96

...so just download and extract the attached into "C:\WinUAE".

Old 22 November 2019, 09:20   #2511
TroyWilkins

Quote:
Phew, all new 32 x 500MB parts for the "Base Install + Update Packs #1 - 30" have finally completed uploading!!!

For anyone that currently has my collection; I'd suggest doing the following, which will make your life easier and less hassle going forward if you ever need to re-install:
  • Blow away everything that I've given you prior to now.
  • PM me for the new URLs.
  • Download and save somewhere onto external media i.e. a hard drive or USB stick.
  • Enjoy!!!
Thank you so very much for this my good man! I got all these and deleted the contents of my /Storage/Amiga/DamienDs_WinUAE_Collection/ on my NAS and put these new files there, after trying out the new download of course.

One thing I am curious about, and I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned in one of the previous pages since the Shapeshifter games were added, is why shapeshifter is setup to use an Amiga screen mode, and isn't setup to use a emulated gfx card? I'm sure there is a good reason, just I don't know what it is, haha
Old 22 November 2019, 10:45   #2512
DamienD
Banned

Heya Troy,

There are quite a few games in my collection that could be setup to use RTG e.g. Genetic Species and Napalm: The Crimson Crisis.

Thing is, I've never been able to get this setup / working properly... not that I've tried too hard, so I just stick with AGA

Last edited by DamienD; 22 November 2019 at 11:00.
Old 22 November 2019, 11:37   #2513
TroyWilkins

Quote:
Heya Troy,

There are quite a few games in my collection that could be setup to use RTG e.g. Genetic Species and Napalm: The Crimson Crisis.

Thing is, I've never been able to get this setup / working properly... not that I've tried too hard, so I just stick with AGA
Ahh, I used what you had for Warcraft II as a base, and setup my own HDD to boot from, set it up with P96, and an emulated GFX card, changed Shapeshifter to use an appropriate gfx driver and screen mode, and tested. I also changed the CPU settings to run at 50MHz. Scrolling was much improved, but it crashed before I could complete the first mission/level/whatever you call it.

So I thought that may have been why.

But I suspect it was something to do with the things I did. I will continue to see if I can improve that, and if you like, I can upload my changed version so you or anyone else can use it if they want - once I've got to the bottom of the crash I experienced of course.
Old 22 November 2019, 12:40   #2514
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryzor View Post
DamienD is god. Such an amazing job, and he even found the time to send me a PM answering to my previous post!

I would have sworn I had donated, but I'm looking through my PP transfers and see nothing. This project deserves all the gratitude it can get, so I'm doing it now

Thanks again!
Thank you kindly for your donation Gryzor, much appreciated
Old 22 November 2019, 12:44   #2515
Gryzor

Quote:
Thank you kindly for your donation Gryzor, much appreciated
My pleasure. To be honest, sadly I don't have any time to appreciate the package in all its glory due to a newly-added poop generator that joined the family, but I can't but admire the work that's gone into it...
Old 23 November 2019, 18:40   #2516
qupe

Thanks for the updates Damien. Not had a chance to test any yet, not been about properly since update 24!!! So to see 30 part 2 I have some catching up to do.

Still noticed a few PD games not in here though I stuck in the other page

Top work as ever
Old 24 November 2019, 06:43   #2517
Qun Mang
Klingon for Christ

Hm. I just noticed I have 2888 configurations so I am short some. I have all the updates so I can only assume I forgot to extract one somewhere along the line. Given all the deletions required before installing most updates, perhaps I had better get those new archives and just start over.

Anyway, keep up the incredible work Damien- your generosity in sharing your collection is much appreciated.
Old 24 November 2019, 10:35   #2518
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qun Mang View Post
Hm. I just noticed I have 2888 configurations so I am short some. I have all the updates so I can only assume I forgot to extract one somewhere along the line. Given all the deletions required before installing most updates, perhaps I had better get those new archives and just start over.
Heya Qun Mang,

You'll never have 2900 configuration files like I do due to this:

Quote:
Games in my collection that I cannot share:

... http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...postcount=2003
...but you should have 2880 configuration files and not 2888

Oh, I should also mention that number of <gamedir> vs. configuration files is 4 less due to some configuration files sharing the same <gamedir> for title / screenshots i.e:

Code:
<gamedir> = Amiga CD
AMIGA CD.uae

<gamedir> = Amiga CD32
AMIGA CD32.uae
AMIGA CD32   [Xbox 360 controllers].uae
AMIGA CD32 [with Full Motion Video cartridge].uae
AMIGA CD32 [with Full Motion Video cartridge]   [Xbox 360 controllers].uae

<gamedir> = Amiga CDTV
AMIGA CDTV.uae
AMIGA CDTV [CDTV-CR].uae
Sure, I'll PM you the new URLs

Last edited by DamienD; 24 November 2019 at 11:00.
Old 24 November 2019, 12:00   #2519
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Oh, I should also mention that number of <gamedir> vs. configuration files is 4 less due to some configuration files sharing the same <gamedir> for title / screenshots i.e:

Code:
<gamedir> = Amiga CD
AMIGA CD.uae

<gamedir> = Amiga CD32
AMIGA CD32.uae

<gamedir> = Amiga CDTV
AMIGA CDTV.uae
AMIGA CDTV [CDTV-CR].uae
In order to make things less confusing; and the number of configuration files match the number of <gamedirs>... I've created new <gamedirs> for:

Code:
AMIGA CDTV [CDTV-CR].uae
Added bonus, "AMIGA CDTV [CDTV-CR]" now has it own screenshot which is different from "AMIGA CDTV [CDTV-CR]"

Just download and extract the attached into "C:\WinUAE".

Old 24 November 2019, 21:30   #2520
DamienD
Banned

So TroyWilkins sent me a PM the other day saying something along the lines of "Why do you use AGA for MAC emulation, RTG works better."

My response; "To be honest I've never understood how to get RTG working on an Amiga; not that I've tried that hard..."

Anyway, he sent me a modified .HDF for "Warcraft II - Tides of Darkness" which is configured to use RTG and indeed the Blizzard intro text and scrolling in-game is smoother

Here's the thing though, I don't like to use other people's .HDFs... one thing I pride myself on is that everything in my collection has been setup / installed / configured by me and I know they are clean installs

...so today I've been working out exactly what's needed to get RTG working i.e. as basic as installing "Picasso96" and then setting the right configuration.

This means I will probably update these MAC games to use RTG in order to get slightly better performance:
  • Blackthorne
  • Warcraft - Orcs & Humans
  • Warcraft II - Tides of Darkness
...and it also means that now I might be able to setup RTG games that previously I had no idea how to e.g. Nightlong: Union City Conspiracy and The Feeble Files

Last edited by DamienD; 24 November 2019 at 22:15.