English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 07 July 2019, 06:37   #1
IvanEBC

Spirilon *AGA* Unreleased Ocean Game

I told myself I'd never request a game as I'm sure the WHDers get inundated all the time.

Anyways, found a game called Spirilon as an adf on my Amiga, unpacked it, NDOS disc, booted her up, hey nice game.
Checked out HOL, no WHDloader exists and apparently some unreleased game. Still, would love to see a WHDload of it if someone was kind enough to find some time.
Image available - http://grandis.nu:81/eabsearch/searc...xclude=&limit=

Thank you.
Old 07 July 2019, 12:44   #2
DamienD
Banned

I assume it's the unreleased demo and nothing extra: http://www.abime.net/games/view/game/id/6214?
Old 07 July 2019, 14:55   #3
IvanEBC

Ahh right, HOL doesn't mention it was incomplete, maybe not worth worrying about then.
Old 07 July 2019, 21:35   #4
dirk_the_daring

By the pictures I bet this game was completed and released... but o CD-i!!! The name may be different (Steel Machine) but check this video [ Show youtube player ] (specially from 3m:35s)
Old 07 July 2019, 21:58   #5
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk_the_daring View Post
By the pictures I bet this game was completed and released... but o CD-i!!! The name may be different (Steel Machine)
Very interesting. It seems that one of the graphic artists, Angelo Bod, who is credited for working on Spirilon, is also credited for Steel Machine:
http://hol.abime.net/6214
https://www.mobygames.com/game/cd-i/steel-machine

So, at least he probably re-used some assets. Or maybe he played a major role for the game moving from Amiga to CDi.
Old 15 July 2019, 18:37   #6
dirk_the_daring

No, nothing is re-used, is the same game, check the video, score boards may look different but the rest remains the same. The only question here is if this was created on amiga 1st as early demo and then the project was translated to CD-i, or a CD-i game with a never finished amiga port.
Old 04 April 2020, 13:15   #7
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Only saw this request by coincidence some days ago and never heard of the game before. Created by demo sceners and sadly unreleased. Good looking graphics (hi Lowlife!) and the usual high quality code by Magician Lord/Anthony here.

I have created a WHDLoad patch for it, have fun.
Old 24 May 2020, 09:08   #8
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk_the_daring View Post
No, nothing is re-used, is the same game, check the video, score boards may look different but the rest remains the same. The only question here is if this was created on amiga 1st as early demo and then the project was translated to CD-i, or a CD-i game with a never finished amiga port.
Says 93-94 in the Amiga demo, CD-i game came out Feb 1993.

So either started on Amiga, Philips came in during 1992 and said wanted a port of any game they could get hold of, they obliged, Amiga version paused for a year or two, then resumed and got cancelled sometime in 1994 when it already seemed now outdated, Ocean no longer interested in publishing.

Either that or was started on CD-i and an Amiga port simply got started and again canned for whatever reasons.

Imo the former seems more likely.