buggs

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
There's always a special case it seems
This module
http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=7535
is played in the wrong way by EaglePlayer
That description of a potential bug is a little vague, tbh. I've compared the mentioned FC14 tune in one of the Cracktros, EP and other players on my Amiga 500. It sounds right to me in all cases.

Some notes towards Eagleplayer settings for original sound texture: Please disable the "LoadFast" option in the config menu, also disable any Amplifiers other than "ChipRAM Amplifier" in Amplifiermanager. Please have a look at the attached picture for a reference.

With these settings, Eagleplayer will revert the replay plugins to direct Paula output as they were before I've started implementing stuff like mixing, surround, filtering etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4637.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	414.6 KB
ID:	65092  
Old 05 November 2019, 00:41   #23
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
That description of a potential bug is a little vague, tbh. I've compared the mentioned FC14 tune in one of the Cracktros, EP and other players on my Amiga 500. It sounds right to me in all cases.

Some notes towards Eagleplayer settings for original sound texture: Please disable the "LoadFast" option in the config menu, also disable any Amplifiers other than "ChipRAM Amplifier" in Amplifiermanager. Please have a look at the attached picture for a reference.

With these settings, Eagleplayer will revert the replay plugins to direct Paula output as they were before I've started implementing stuff like mixing, surround, filtering etc.
Which Amiga is that in the pic!?
Old 05 November 2019, 00:43   #24
idrougge

I'm experiencing scratchy playback of AHX tunes with Eagleplayer on my 020 A600. Any reason why the sound may be screeching when it sounds all right in demos using AHX?
Old 05 November 2019, 03:56   #25
chip

@ buggs

Yes, i know

Loading to fast is disabled and the Amplifier used is ChipRam one

I don't know what to say, on my system (Classic Workbench lite + last EaglePlayer) sounds in a clear wrong way

@ idrougge

Try another Eagle re-player, you can use the one from UADE package, for example
Old 05 November 2019, 08:08   #26
buggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrougge View Post
I'm experiencing scratchy playback of AHX tunes with Eagleplayer on my 020 A600. Any reason why the sound may be screeching when it sounds all right in demos using AHX?
I do have a suspicion (and it's entirely my fault). I've restored 68000 compatibility for the last Eagleplayer release (with additional 68000 related fixes in the pipeline) and set the default audio redirection plugin to FastRAM Amplifier. That one is optimized for low CPU usage on 68000, works ok-ish for Trackers but regrettably fails with a number of ChipTune music formats. I refrained from including a mixing audio output plugin into the default list to avoid overwhelming Amiga500/600/2000 computers with stock CPUs. Hence, some manual configuration changes are needed.

I'd suggest to give the "8 Bit Amplifier" a try on 68020. Please see Amplifiermanager to either disable the FastRAM Amplifier (double click) or move the 8 Bit Amplifier further up in the list.

Last edited by buggs; 05 November 2019 at 08:08. Reason: formatting changes only.
Old 05 November 2019, 08:20   #27
buggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
Which Amiga is that in the pic!?
A500+ replica (A1k Project RED) built by myself. Equipped with a Vampire and a custom Network interface.

Pristine case with Hitek Keyboard and limited Edition Cover (see title photo here https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meld...r-4559997.html).
Old 05 November 2019, 12:23   #28
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
A500+ replica (A1k Project RED) built by myself. Equipped with a Vampire and a custom Network interface.

Pristine case with Hitek Keyboard and limited Edition Cover (see title photo here https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meld...r-4559997.html).
Very Nice! Is the vampire which gives you the HDD interface?

How much did the setup cost you if you don't mind my asking.
Old 05 November 2019, 21:55   #29
buggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
Very Nice! Is the vampire which gives you the HDD interface?
How much did the setup cost you if you don't mind my asking.
Yes, the CF card is connected to the Vampire in that Amiga. The network interface is also directly attached to the Vampire (10/100, my own design).

Well, the price tag. This is something that should better not be made known to the wife. A limited edition Tücking Amiga is around 250-300 EUR in .de, the HiTek Keyboard was a good catch at 60 EUR, A500+ replica mainboard incl. NOS parts somewhere at 180 EUR, Turbo card is around 350 EUR IIRC. The PSU was nearly free, courtesy of an old Cisco2620 Router (custom 3D printed case).
Old 06 January 2020, 17:41   #30
FRQZ

Outside of the real thing, the Delix plugin (https://support.xmplay.com/files_view.php?file_id=499) for XM Play is very good and plays 99% accurately
as far as I can tell. But it's not perfect, because it did crash on a few custom modules.

Old 06 January 2020, 19:46   #31
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRQZ View Post
Outside of the real thing, the Delix plugin (https://support.xmplay.com/files_view.php?file_id=499) for XM Play is very good and plays 99% accurately
as far as I can tell. But it's not perfect, because it did crash on a few custom modules.
This is a great app! I used in back when it 1st released in the 90s I believe. What a lightweight player it was! This was dedication by the author to bring such a powerful player to computers with limited resources.
Old 27 September 2020, 13:14   #32
chip

I started this thread because i made personal tests

Indeed with some modules, i tried to make two recordings

One from Eagle Player and one from the actual demo / game loaded in WinUAE

I disabled the filter both in WinUAE and in Eagle Player (because filter on / off really make the difference)

I personally don't hear any differences in the quality of the playback

Just curious if anyone else have never tried to do such comparisons