English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 25 January 2006, 02:59   #1
gizmomelb

composite TV to VGA convertor

Hi all,

I've got a wireless composite TV video to VGA convertor box for sale - it's a Grandtec "Grand Vision Wireless" (no, I currently can't find any PDFs etc. for it online) and will convert a composite or S-VHS input to a wireless remote VGA output box (ie: Amiga at one end, VGA mointor at the other). The unit also has an analogue TV tuner built in, so you can watch TV on your VGA monitor.

The VGA output supports both PAL or NTSC source video, but the output frequency depends on the input. ie: PAL input = 50Hz VGA output, NTSC input = 60Hz VGA output - so if you're using PAL and want to use an LCD monitor then you need to be sure that the LCD will sync down to 50Hz.

The unit is still in it's original box and in excellent condition (it's literally been used once, but didn't work with the LCD monitor I've got, it does work with my CRT VGA monitor though) - what offer? These retail for over $200 Australian new.

EDIT: so what use is this to Amiga users? Well it has composite video input - so you connect your A1200/A600/A500 (using an A520) and audio to the transmitter, then connect the receiver to your IBM VGA monitor so you can see the Amiga display on the VGA monitor.

cheers,
Gizmomelb

Last edited by gizmomelb; 25 January 2006 at 05:45.