English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 02 June 2005, 00:15   #1
oproject

Eek Selling My Amiga Collections On Ebay Check It Out All

GUYS CHECK IT OUT,

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcro...5fcollectables

i have realy rare games some still sealed!! .. commodore 64/128 systems, amiga 500/1200/1000/2000 systems , i am adding new stuff every day , if you are located in denver, co you can come and check out my stuff ..
by the way if you need something for amigas or c64 let me know i probably have it .. call me at 720 404 7034 or email me

Old 02 June 2005, 01:14   #2
oldpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by oproject
call me at 720 404 7034
I love to see such stuff on international forums

Another shocker: the world is ROUND!

Old 02 June 2005, 03:07   #3
woody57

Maybe its just me but it seems there are more & more NEW visitors coming in here trying to sell REAL Amiga hardware & software than there are genuinely contributing to the board .

If as PX Scroll points out they were factually prepared to look at International shipping/payments then maybe I would be LESS suspect of their motives . Its as if they Googled their way in here and expect our membership to be falling over themselves throw HUGE sums of money at their feet for what more often than not is just an average piece of kit.

So if anyone reading this ,who just happens to be thinking of joining this board just to "flog" your attic or garage junk before you have to pay to E-bay it.
Please take in mind that I for one will NOT be giving you a WARM reception.
Old 02 June 2005, 09:23   #4
tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxscroll
I love to see such stuff on international forums

Another shocker: the world is ROUND!

"DEE-DEE-DEEEEE the number you have dialed is owned by a retard. Please move to the states and try again"
Old 02 June 2005, 11:22   #5
woody57

And YES PEOPLE I know this guy is a Bonafide International seller BUT why is he advertising in AMIGA SCENE INSTEAD OF MARKETPLACE ?

Surely this false attension grabbing also needs to be addressed ?
Old 02 June 2005, 12:39   #6
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodshed57
And YES PEOPLE I know this guy is a Bonafide International seller BUT why is he advertising in AMIGA SCENE INSTEAD OF MARKETPLACE ?
Because he doesnt give two shits and obviously didnt care to read our faq and rules?

Thread moved.

Brownie points for the one who first ups to The Zone a GOOD prank call done to this assholes' house.
Old 02 June 2005, 14:18   #7
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

He'll probably never return to the EAB anyway - I'd be willing to bet that his account will be nuked for inactivity the next time it comes around, unless someone (Akira?) will pre-empt it!

It would be very cool to have some kind of "if this is your first post and it contains the word auction and a link auto-nuke the account and post" function!
Old 02 June 2005, 20:22   #8
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper
unless someone (Akira?) will pre-empt it!
Who else?

Let's give it a week.

Offer about the prank call is still up!
Old 02 June 2005, 22:20   #9
Unknown_K

Send a message via ICQ to Unknown_K
Whats the big deal, this guy will ship to europe (most don't).

I would rather see somebody try selling their old junk (and giving away what does not sell) then just junk it all.

To be honest most people use these forums to sell their old crap or get help in setting up their machines and in finding "roms". Very few people actualy try to help others with problems or stick around long enough to do so even if they could help.

I also think newbies are scared away by the older farts here anyway.
Old 02 June 2005, 22:29   #10
Peanutuk

At least it has something to do with the Amiga.
Old 02 June 2005, 22:57   #11
Shoonay
Global Caturator

You mean the 'older farts' Peanutuk?
Old 02 June 2005, 23:11   #12
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Thumbs down A selfish dickhead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown_K
Whats the big deal, this guy will ship to europe (most don't).
I don't think this is the point - the guy joined EAB several days back without any intention of helping out EAB - he's just using it to peddle his stuff and trying to get free advertising. Still only one post, no follow ups to say we're all wrong about him - and it's not like he's saying he'll ship to anyone and it's not like he's come on here to give REAL amiga owners a bargain.

It's pure selfishness on his part in my opinion. Joining a board to post one message to flog off your warez, that's just lame. Anyone searching for stuff he has on offer will search EBay anyway so I think the seller is just a selfish prick. Just like those dickheads that post in guestbooks all over the net with a link to their website, which almost always has nothing to do with the site in question.

I am also constantly irritated by the arrogance/stupidity/small-mindedness of so many Americans. (Apologies to the good EAB members from the USA but read on before getting too annoyed!). The number of bloody websites that force you to type in zip codes or select a state from a list when don't exist in your country along with assumptions about phone numbers really grates! This pillock posting his phone number like that shows me he is typical of that stereotype of a stupid yank...

My 2c.
Old 02 June 2005, 23:56   #13
oldpx

Quote:
GUYS CHECK IT OUT,
And he's sexist. (As if I care about such stuff heh)

I'm with Codetapper, my reaction is against the ignorance of the original poster which I think is offensive.

Quote:
At least it has something to do with the Amiga.
Which is the only thing that differentiates the message from regular spam, that's why the thread isn't instantly deleted. I think people's attitude is just right and no further defense in the original poster's name can make sense.

Last edited by oldpx; 03 June 2005 at 00:03.