English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 22 October 2001, 15:38   #1
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

"Easter Eggs and weird stuff in amiga games"

I thought I'd start this up after TURK182 suggested it.

If anyones found any easter eggs, references to other games or movies or just any general weird stuff in Amiga games that they remeber they could post them here.

Does anyone know about the amiga kickstart 1.3 hidden messages saying stuff like "we made the amiga then commodore fucked it up" I never did get to see that

So far I've established that "lotus turbo challenge 2" and "Pinball Wizard" were programmed by satan...
Old 22 October 2001, 16:03   #2
Drake1009

Ok I can't quite remember which version, but Dizzy's (I think it is this) excellent adventure had a lot of references to other games. At times you'd down right get spammed with ads for upcoming games.
Old 22 October 2001, 16:12   #3
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

does anyone remember the jaguar XJ220 demo had billboards on the side of the road for what ever amiga magazine it came on the cover of.
Old 22 October 2001, 16:20   #4
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

The sound sample from Barbarian (Palace) where the guy says "Come on" is from the dire Schwartzenegger film Red Sonja.

In Alien Breed 3D, the howl of the helldogs is taken from the superb film An American Werewolf In London.
Old 22 October 2001, 16:24   #5
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

cool that reminds me
all the samples from IK+ were from Bruce lee film Enter the Dragon
Old 22 October 2001, 16:39   #6
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

dude bruce lee was dead in the 90s
your thinking "Dragon the bruce lee story"
Old 22 October 2001, 18:30   #7
Amiga1992

Hey hey bootson, what's the Pinball Wizard easter egg?

I read about that Amiga Kickstart easter egg... I think teher were many more of these... I found a site teh otehr day, www.easter-eggs.com or something like that. It showed many easter egges for various machines and programs.

F-17 by Team17 had ads in the billboards too. And Arcade Pool had the names of staffers from The One as players! (perhaps staffers from other mags as well)

By the way, I don't know where it came from, but in Asassin, when you see the highscore table after dying, a sample plays taht I think was nicked from somewhere. Ork Attack (the PD game) uses it too. Perhaps the later nicked it from Assasin
Old 22 October 2001, 18:38   #8
Amigaboy

www.eeggs.com is the best site I know of for Easter Eggs

I've tried all the Amiga easter eggs and they all work (although for some, you need more than one person to do due to the insane number of keys you have to hold down)

Old 22 October 2001, 19:21   #9
Amiga1992

yeah yeah, that's the site! I tried teh easter eggs for my Macintosh Classic II.... worked just fine
Old 22 October 2001, 19:31   #10
turk182

Hey ,Cool T_hairy ,Remember all those tid-bits in IK+ , You could drop there
trousers & stuff ,make them talk ,make the fishies jump & change the sunset colours
Old 22 October 2001, 19:51   #11
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Gloom

Quote:
Originally posted by CodyJarrett
The sound sample from Barbarian (Palace) where the guy says "Come on" is from the dire Schwartzenegger film Red Sonja.

In Alien Breed 3D, the howl of the helldogs is taken from the superb film An American Werewolf In London.
Also the sound the baddies make when they get killed in Gloom and Gloom Deluxe has been taken straight out of the movie Aliens. Also other sounds have been taken out of Aliens like the doors opening and some others I think. Watch Aliens near the end and you'll notice when Lance Henriksen gets split in two by the queen. It's the exact same sound as the baddies off Gloom and Gloom Deluxe.
Old 22 October 2001, 20:26   #12
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by turk182
Hey ,Cool T_hairy ,Remember all those tid-bits in IK+ , You could drop there
trousers & stuff ,make them talk ,make the fishies jump & change the sunset colours
I thought this happened randomly, how do you make it, turk?
Old 22 October 2001, 20:34   #13
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Big grin IK+

If I remember correctly Akira, (years since I played it) all you had to do was hit a key on the keyboard. H or F or something like that. Try pressing loads of different keys and I'm sure it'll work. Made me laugh every time.
Old 22 October 2001, 20:56   #14
Drake1009

An even better way for IK+ is just to let the intro run for a bit. Then you'll see all the keys listed. It's T for trousers, and I can't remember all, but keys to change the sunset color, change the size of the logo on the shield in the ball levels, to make a fish jump and so on. They're listed on a screen though a bit hard to read. Also F6-F10 changes gameplay speed. I liked playing on turbo mode.

I wonder if there's any fun titles in it though. I managed to get a lot of points in that game. Passed the black belt. The belt was still black, but when entering the name on the highscore list it said megahero instead. Maybe another thing could appear there?
Old 23 October 2001, 00:49   #15
Amigaboy

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira

I thought this happened randomly, how do you make it, turk?
Trousers = T
Fish = Fish
Pacman = Pac
Sunset = *
Change the referee guys jacket = J
Change the shield logo size on bonus = B (or was it V?)
Periscope = Peri
Fuck = Gives a message. Type it again to reset
Wank = A different message
Shit = A different message
Dick = A different message
Frez = Freezes the game
Bird = Bird flies across screen
Germ = German Text

That's all I can remember. I know there's alot more. I'll find a link after

Old 23 October 2001, 00:51   #16
Amigaboy

Bleh.

Found a page with them all listed

http://www.captaincode.com/searchvie...=ami&q=IK+&r=9

I remember on the high score table, it had messages. You'd scroll down and you'd be able to piece some together and it'd tell you how to do some of the easter eggs

Old 23 October 2001, 11:51   #17
Tim Janssen

Cool Hidden messages and urban legends

Those Team 17 games like Alien Breed had tons of hidden messages if you typed the right codeword in the game. If you typed in a magazine name (E.g. CU Amiga) some personal greetings (or flamings) scrolled on-screen.

I have read somewhere that Workbench 1.0 featured a hidden file which contained all digitised handgraphs of the Hi-Toro team (original developers of the Amiga machine). I do not know whether this is true or an urban legend.

I also know (now things get really vague) that the word 'Rock Lobster' was carved in some print-plate of the first Amiga 1000s that hit the shops. 'Rock Lobster' was a hit by popsensation the B52's and the Amiga's creators were huge fans of this band. So this was some sort of tribute.
Old 23 October 2001, 13:15   #18
LaundroMat

Wasn't the paw-print of someone's dog engraved on the circuit board on one of the Amiga's?
Old 23 October 2001, 13:57   #19
Amigaboy

Yup. Jay Miner's dog. As well as a billion signatures

I know someone who owns this machine. I've seen the insides many times

All these things people go on about are all standard to me now

Old 23 October 2001, 15:07   #20
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

If I remeber correctly if you let the IK+ starting demo run long enough it eventually writes all the cheats on the screen

Pinball wizard was pure evil
When you tried to reset your amiga it would laugh at you in an evil laugh HAHAHAHAHAHAHA and the only way you could stop it was to turn off the amiga, that sucked cos I have an Amiga1000
and I had to reboot the kickstart disk everytime

Keep it up with the weird shit ppl