English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 05 March 2011, 11:02   #1
ceaser

What accessories are available for the CDTV and CD32?

I have both original systems in all their glory. Today I acquired a game called "Kang Fu" that was from 1996 for CD32. Some games were made pretty late for that thing considering it's lifespan was albeit done by that year. Anyway, it says "out of memory." This is the ONLY game out of more than 100 (not joking) that I've found for it that says this. I'm a collector so I wouldn't mind getting the extra stuff for it. Is there some memory card type device available for it? I have a very nice A1200 (the one that came in the Amiga Magic box/pack!) so I don't really care to turn it into a computer. There's some keyboard accessory for it but I don't want that. This Videomodul (my CD32 is from .de) sounds interesting. It lets you play video cd's on it. Dreamcast could never do that.

CDTV: For this I found the most mysterious port cover today. I decided to set the clock correctly because I recently decided to plug the thing in again. I carefully removed this slot cover from directly underneath the clock and I'd never seen a port like it. Anybody know what this weird port is for? There isn't a single game for the CDTV that seems to require extra RAM. Not sure if there is a memory expansion accessory for it either.

Share your knowledge of these wonderful antiques if you know! Cheers
Also, I even have the instructions for both units and it doesn't say in there. Maybe it's one of those many accessories Commodore made a port for then ran out of $ to make.
Old 05 March 2011, 11:38   #2
DonAmiga

Hi, for the CDTV port its for a Ram card up to 256k http://www.cdtv.org.uk/cd1401.html
Old 05 March 2011, 11:40   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Insert the CD after CD32 boot animation appears. There are few CD32 games that require this trick.
Old 14 March 2011, 11:27   #4
ceaser

Yes that worked Toni Wilen thanks! And thanks too for the link DonAmiga!