English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 23 May 2007, 20:26   #1
bob

I cant swap disks on the game moonstone.. dose anyone have the same problem

I cant swap disks on the game moonstone.. dose anyone have the same problem.

Well i have used the 'quick setup' method to emulate a A1200.. i have discovered that moonstone only works one disk at a time.. it loads the game no problem, credits and intro movie Aok.. but then i get to the 'insert disk B' screen, and i cant get around it.

Basicly iv boiled it down to one of two problems..

1st. Its an input error, and it wont let me swap the disks because i cant press 'fire' (i know how to configure the input controls, but nothing i do seams to have any effect.

2nd. The game has crashed.. i have tried numerouse configurations to make it run better

I got my images from planetemu

Can anyone help?
Old 23 May 2007, 20:39   #2
DamienD
Banned

Hey bob,

Can't say I've ever had this problem...

I would try using an A500 quickstart option (though I usually tick Cycle-exact CPU and Blitter as well) with only the first ADF in DHO, disable all other drives, once you get to the 'Insert Disk B' screen press <End> + <F1> to eject the disk / bring up the disk dialogue box, find and double-click on the second ADF and you should be fine

If this still crashes then maybe the set you're using is corrupt... Try another image

You could also post the CRC32's of the set that you're using so we can take a look...
Old 23 May 2007, 20:52   #3
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Moonstone works great with 3 drives enabled. So yeh try the a500 quickstart see if that helps, if not I'd say you've got dodgy disks.
Old 23 May 2007, 20:54   #4
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath
Moonstone works great with 3 drives enabled.
Shows you how long it's been since I've actually played it / or examined my actual config

Edit: yup, just checked my Moonstone config on the other laptop... 3 drives are definitely enabled
Old 23 May 2007, 22:13   #5
bob

well thank you that was infinatly usful.. its working! wow what a game.. i love it :-D thanx

only one small problem.. my game pad works ok with the game.. exept when i use the analoge control my character starts moving to the left.. and keeps on moving to the left!! no matter what i do! but its ok if i use the D-pad.. but playing the game with that would suck!!!