English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 07 July 2014, 00:23   #1
Peter
Still an Amiga user

DPaint IV Questions

Messing around with Dpaint and I wondered how I could get a picture on screen to fade into nothing. I have a picture of a face and I want it to fade away gradually into the black background screen - have to be an animation of some sort maybe - any one give me a few clues as to how to achieve this please...

Also does anyone have the DPaint Buddy system disks that came out?

Also... while I am on the scrounge, anyone have the Kara animated Fonts disks?

Help...
Old 07 July 2014, 00:49   #2
ptyerman

A user (videofx) is looking for the Kara animated fonts manual in the requests (other) section. He probably has the disks, might be worth asking him.
Old 07 July 2014, 02:11   #3
Ami_GFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Messing around with Dpaint and I wondered how I could get a picture on screen to fade into nothing. I have a picture of a face and I want it to fade away gradually into the black background screen - have to be an animation of some sort maybe - any one give me a few clues as to how to achieve this please...

Also does anyone have the DPaint Buddy system disks that came out?

Also... while I am on the scrounge, anyone have the Kara animated Fonts disks?

Help...
Try a morphing animation to the black background. DPaint can do morphs from one image to another. I haven't done one for years but you start with start and end frame images and it will create a morphing animation over a specified number of frames between the two images.
Old 07 July 2014, 10:02   #4
Peter
Still an Amiga user

I tried the morphing process without much success (will have to give this another go perhaps) but I'm sure it's actually to do with creating an animbrush and using the "Move" option to manipulate the brush so as it moves back on the Z axis... something like that (I could be barking up the wrong tree here mind you)

PS - will give videofx as shout re Kara fonts, thanks.
Old 07 July 2014, 13:10   #5
Amiga1992

You should use color cycling, not frame animation. But depending on your palette, you could run out of colors pretty fast.
Old 08 July 2014, 03:17   #6
Ami_GFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I tried the morphing process without much success (will have to give this another go perhaps) but I'm sure it's actually to do with creating an animbrush and using the "Move" option to manipulate the brush so as it moves back on the Z axis... something like that (I could be barking up the wrong tree here mind you)

PS - will give videofx as shout re Kara fonts, thanks.
I just tried to find the morphing process I was thinking of in DpaintV and couldn't find it. I know I did one morphing anim in DPaint IV around 20 years ago but I don't have a clue as to how I did it now and the anim was lost in a hard drive failure. I remember that it took a low res full frame image and morphed it into another. I might of done it with another program but I didn't have much Amiga software at that time and DpaintIV, Digipaint and Photon paint were what I had then.
Old 08 July 2014, 11:04   #7
Amiga1992

It morphs two brushes if I am not wrong, so you have to take a brush, copy it , then grab another one and morph. It's been a while though so I don't really remember it off the top of my head.
Old 08 July 2014, 11:29   #8
Peter
Still an Amiga user

I'm looking to dissolve one image into nothing (the background) not merge two images - I think that using the O (O for Orange) Key will kind of dissolve a brush image between frames of an animation but I need to configure the palette range as I am getting a dissolve into the wrong colour at present... more practice I think...