English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 28 May 2013, 12:19   #1
olesio

Sending keys or simulate them properly on WinUAE window.

Hello Toni. I have few questions.

I'm simulate keys pressing and releasing by this Delphi code:
Code:
procedure KeyDownUp(KeyToSend : Byte; KeyDown : boolean);
const
  DownUp_Flags_Arr : array[boolean] of DWORD = (0, KEYEVENTF_KEYUP);
  Extended_Flags_Arr : array[boolean] of DWORD = (0, KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY);
var
  Input : TagINPUT;
  KeyExtended : boolean;
begin
  Input.Itype := INPUT_KEYBOARD;
  Input.ki.wVK := KeyToSend;
  Input.ki.wScan := MapVirtualKey(KeyToSend, 0);
  KeyExtended := KeyToSend in
    [VK_CONTROL, VK_LCONTROL, VK_RCONTROL,
    VK_UP, VK_DOWN, VK_LEFT, VK_RIGHT,
    VK_HOME, VK_END, VK_PRIOR, VK_NEXT,
    VK_INSERT, VK_DELETE, VK_MENU];
  Input.ki.dwFlags := DownUp_Flags_Arr[not KeyDown] or Extended_Flags_Arr[KeyExtended];
  Input.ki.time := 0;
  SendInput(1, Input, SizeOf(Input));
end;
And it works under WinUAE. But only in case if main window with class "PCsuxRox" is on foreground.

So it is possible to simulate keys even if window is now on foreground? Can you give some code examples? It can be in C++ if it is in pure WinAPI I probable can translate it to Delphi.

Other question: it is possible to use WM_KEYDOWN/UP by Send/PostMessage functions - for main Window? I can only send VK_F12 to show properties GUI in that way. Trying other keys fail :/ I do now have possiblity and enough knowledge to change WinUAE's original C++ source code and tecompilte it.

Last problem. From first code I tried to send VK_DIVIDE key (vkCode $6F), but I cannot press numeric "/". Instead of that EditKeys under Classic WB with Great Britan default map file while testing show me I sending normal "\" (near BackSpace key). But that key have hex vkCode: $DC (and it is called VK_OEM_5 in MSDN specification). How to simulate numeric key "/" properly? I have NumLock always on.

Thanks in advice for all help and example code. And sorry for my bad English.
Old 29 May 2013, 11:59   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

WinUAE uses RawInput (It is the only method that allows to read all special keys, including windows keys, pause/break etc..), most Windows event injections won't work with rawinput.

One solution is to use WinUAE named pipe. It supports all kinds of input event injection. (keys, joysticks, mouse movement etc..)
Old 30 May 2013, 21:15   #3
olesio

Ok, can you show me example of pipe sending some rawkeycode (for example numeric "/"). I only know how to use dbg... like you probable remember from our early contact on PMs.
Old 07 June 2013, 07:57   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

"EVT <event name> <state value>"

<event name> = input event name, same as in config file and in source package inputevents.def. (KEY_A for example). Note that it supports all kinds of input events, it is not limited to keys.

Keys and button <state value> is either press (1) or release (0).
Old 08 June 2013, 22:37   #5
olesio

Ok, tbank you. And one more question. Is it possible without global keyboard hook (WH_KEYBOARD_LL), which need admin right to trap Ctrl+F11 combination and handle it by my self? Because when assigning own function for "PCsuxRox" or even "AmigaPowah" and WM_KEYDOWN message, when returning 0 and exit from function, key is still pass. Probable because you handle it raw input by yourself. So it is no method to trap it and do some code and execute later in my wrapper dll? Ofcourse without changing original C++ source code of WinUAE emulator.