English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware pics

Old 24 July 2007, 00:51   #1
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
A1200 with Express and CD-ROM

Pics (well poor pics, , I even used a bright light source) to show CD-ROM, IDE-Express and 2.5" HD fitted inside A1200 Desktop case.
I opted to keep as much of the can as possible, and you wouldnt believe what i cut it with. A pair of scissor's .

Hope that helps.

Last edited by FOL; 14 September 2014 at 13:44.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 24 July 2007, 01:26   #2
Peter
Unemployed & Lovin' it

Excellent - thanks for those - nice to get pics showing how people have tackled these projects - Zetr0 will love these!
Old 24 July 2007, 03:25   #3
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

I most certainly DO!!!!!

love the modding
Old 03 January 2008, 20:19   #4
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

To update this thread. Heres some decent pics of my Modded A1200.

Have also set it up with Power Computings CD32 Emulator. So it mounts CD0: on boot then looks for CD in drive, then boots from it, if there is 1. Every CD32 game so far has worked. Works much better than the IDEFIX CD32 Emulator.

Last edited by FOL; 05 September 2014 at 22:27.
Old 03 January 2008, 20:20   #5
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Now that is one elegant MOD!!!!

well done indeed FOL.

thats Showing 'em how its done!!!!!
Old 03 January 2008, 21:55   #6
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
wow I won`t one

nice mod
Old 03 January 2008, 22:12   #7
musojon74

Nice work! That looks brilliant!
Old 03 January 2008, 22:16   #8
Sune Salminen
Dinamáquina

um..what brand of scissors did you use?

I'm going to start an import business here in Brazil and I'm always on the lookout for quality products!!

lol
Old 08 February 2008, 00:43   #9
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sune Salminen View Post
um..what brand of scissors did you use?

I'm going to start an import business here in Brazil and I'm always on the lookout for quality products!!

lol
lmao, well they are 60 years old. They were my bosses mothers before she past on. So he brought them into work for cutting paper, but you could cut someones head off with them. They are the sharpest damn scissors I have ever seen, .

Back on topic, I dont plan on messing with it anymore. As I had some hairy moments, where it wouldnt boot without HD. Its all setup, 8Megs (co processor), cdrom, 4gb compact flash HD, Bloodwych classic OS, every single Killer Gorilla WHD pack, and emulates CD32 perfect (with CD Audio to), .
Old 08 February 2008, 00:54   #10
DoogUK
Doogster

Sweet!
Old 08 February 2008, 01:03   #11
Magno Boots
Zone Friend

Lucky you had those scissors for those 'hairy moments'

Seriously though, where did you obtain the Power Computing emulator?

My internal CDRW/DVD wont emit any ingame sounds at all. Idefix moans that audio not supported (something like that) also if I pop an audio CD in.

Many thanks
Old 08 February 2008, 01:21   #12
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magno Boots View Post
Lucky you had those scissors for those 'hairy moments'

Seriously though, where did you obtain the Power Computing emulator?

My internal CDRW/DVD wont emit any ingame sounds at all. Idefix moans that audio not supported (something like that) also if I pop an audio CD in.

Many thanks
I plugged the digital audio leed into my cdrom, then soldered the left and right lead (NOT the GROUND lead) to the output phono sockets. If you solder the ground lead it shorts the paula sound output out, . Work fine with no ground as the left and right of cdrom is ground through cdrom.

as for the emu, not sure if i can upload the adf's (is the company still about?), i have the squirrel attachment, it came with that.
Old 08 February 2008, 11:05   #13
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@FOL

there reason your Amiga is getting drowned out is that the CD ROM has a much higher output...

to make it happen safely you need 10k ohms to the signal lines

Have a lookie here

http://www.guildserver.co.uk/project...g2_itemId=1012

I build this into my A600, (disconnected the onboard sockets and wired the amiga out to this and the cdrom to this... leaving me one spare input with the output going to the rear sockets)

I must take some pictures of this mod.... its been seriously upgraded since its last post..

anyway. the third one was for something special... which i may still do... it was a MIDI mixer board and WAVE Table, by Korg, i was going to build it internal... it can then MIDI effect multiple channels etc etc... over 4MB of internal instruments... yeah... i think i will build this bad boy... peeps need to see it...

FOL its an awesome mod you have there sir! one to be proud of!!!
Old 08 February 2008, 20:12   #14
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
@FOL

there reason your Amiga is getting drowned out is that the CD ROM has a much higher output...

to make it happen safely you need 10k ohms to the signal lines

Have a lookie here

http://www.guildserver.co.uk/project...g2_itemId=1012

I build this into my A600, (disconnected the onboard sockets and wired the amiga out to this and the cdrom to this... leaving me one spare input with the output going to the rear sockets)

I must take some pictures of this mod.... its been seriously upgraded since its last post..

anyway. the third one was for something special... which i may still do... it was a MIDI mixer board and WAVE Table, by Korg, i was going to build it internal... it can then MIDI effect multiple channels etc etc... over 4MB of internal instruments... yeah... i think i will build this bad boy... peeps need to see it...

FOL its an awesome mod you have there sir! one to be proud of!!!
Ah, I should have searched around. Its working though fine without earth lead, . Didnt have much time in work, when i added cd lead, just wanted it back together.

So basically, I can add one 10k res to each wire and solder them direct to the phono's and then have the ground connected fine?

I dont really want to rip it all apart, as it all hot glued nicey inplace. Now you mentioned that, I did notice that CD32 intro's were louder than the paula output, obviously cause of what you said, . I should of thought of that, being an audio electronics engineer.

Sorry to sound abit thick, just I hate not having the info, bit like trying to repair an LCD or Plasma with no service info for power supply pcb's.
Old 09 February 2008, 00:18   #15
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@FOL

don't worry about feeling dumb my friend, If i don't feel dumb atleast once a day i figure i haven't learned something valuable...

In truth, i think it was a member here, perhaps Jope (or some one else) that linked me to a dual stereo mixer circuit..

as you notice the CD output is considerbly higher than the native output... infact even with the 10k resitor, its atleast a 4:1 ratio on my A600 mod... i would consider revising this with a higher impedance on the CD ROM stereo output maybe 20 or 30k, but testing would be better to know for sure.... another truth to this could be that different CDROM units output at different levels... oh this could go on... lol

anyway... if you are happy with what you got and its all in place, then really theres no need to change anything... although... i would love a shot of the hardware pr0n
Old 09 February 2008, 01:33   #16
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

You perv, .

Ill see what i can do tommorow,
Old 02 May 2008, 16:03   #17
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
@FOL

don't worry about feeling dumb my friend, If i don't feel dumb atleast once a day i figure i haven't learned something valuable...

In truth, i think it was a member here, perhaps Jope (or some one else) that linked me to a dual stereo mixer circuit..

as you notice the CD output is considerbly higher than the native output... infact even with the 10k resitor, its atleast a 4:1 ratio on my A600 mod... i would consider revising this with a higher impedance on the CD ROM stereo output maybe 20 or 30k, but testing would be better to know for sure.... another truth to this could be that different CDROM units output at different levels... oh this could go on... lol

anyway... if you are happy with what you got and its all in place, then really theres no need to change anything... although... i would love a shot of the hardware pr0n
Settled on 4 KOhm (as 10 KOhm made CD Audio to quiet) in the end as it gives perfect level of both CD and Amiga Audio. The drive I am using is a TEAC CD224E.

Now my Amiga will never be reopened (only for pics for Zetr0).
Old 02 May 2008, 16:13   #18
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Power Computing's CD32 Emulator. So it mounts CD0: on boot then looks for CD in drive, then boots from it, if there is 1.
More info please!

Where to get it?

Still for sale or in the PD?

Again, tell me more! Works with 3.1 ROMs, or some custom jobbies?!?!

PZ.
Old 02 May 2008, 21:14   #19
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingerlickin_B View Post
More info please!

Where to get it?

Still for sale or in the PD?

Again, tell me more! Works with 3.1 ROMs, or some custom jobbies?!?!

PZ.
Well, I wont post it unless im told I can as im not sure if HiSoft are still about.

Yes, its a custom jobbie. It launches another startup to mount CD0: then check if a Disc is there, if so it will boot CD32 games. If no disc is found the main startup continues.

Ive made a few changes, to the CD32 startup, like wait 12 secs (gives chance for drive to spin up).

Last edited by FOL; 02 May 2008 at 21:25.
Old 20 May 2008, 03:20   #20
rkauer
I hate potatos and shirts

Send a message via MSN to rkauer Send a message via Yahoo to rkauer
Coff, coff...

Hrmmm... Installer's Heaven...
AdSense AdSense