English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 19 February 2016, 20:04   #101
keito

This new WBDock2 2.5 by Thomas Rapp is rather lovely, is it exclusive to the AmiKit distribution? As I cant find it on Aminet or anywhere else on the net, I was hoping I could install it on some of my other machine
Old 19 February 2016, 21:06   #102
keito

Ok, so I hope you dont mind, I installed AKReal in WinUAE then copied WBDock (and config) from WBStartup over to my real Amiga, then i edited the config to suit my setup and it works perfectly! Running on CWB OS3.1 on a 3.1 030 A1200. I wont distribute it or anything like that, just wanted to let you know
Old 19 February 2016, 21:41   #103
SkulleateR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Thanks a lot for the review. I didn't have any yet
Wasn´t there a review in Amiga Future allready ???
Old 19 February 2016, 23:32   #104
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkulleateR View Post
Wasn´t there a review in Amiga Future allready ???
Yes, there is (number 102). But I was talking about a video review. BTW I'm answering some questions now for an interview for AMICast.

Last edited by Retrofan; 19 February 2016 at 23:43.
Old 19 February 2016, 23:36   #105
SkulleateR

Hehe ... sorry, haven´t clicked on the link
Old 19 February 2016, 23:38   #106
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by keito View Post
This new WBDock2 2.5 by Thomas Rapp is rather lovely, is it exclusive to the AmiKit distribution? As I cant find it on Aminet or anywhere else on the net, I was hoping I could install it on some of my other machine
Quote:
Originally Posted by keito View Post
Ok, so I hope you dont mind, I installed AKReal in WinUAE then copied WBDock (and config) from WBStartup over to my real Amiga, then i edited the config to suit my setup and it works perfectly! Running on CWB OS3.1 on a 3.1 030 A1200. I wont distribute it or anything like that, just wanted to let you know
Well, Thomas is a person I really admire in the Amiga world. Yes, you can't find it googling or in his site (or I can't find it), he started it time ago but he finished it after some time insisting. It is more than lovely, it is full of options and faster than any. In fact I'm planning to change the mainly used appearance and leave an image under the icons, more Mac style. It is already possible changing the options in the icon info.

Yes, you can use it on your WB without problems. I'm glad you like it

Last edited by Retrofan; 19 February 2016 at 23:51.
Old 20 February 2016, 16:45   #107
AMIGASYSTEM

Ciao Retrofan, I tried to install Real Amiga having this:

- Installation on OS3.9 AGA (BoingBag 1-2-3-4) -> OKno problem, but after installing Picasso96 you can not get a screen UAEGFX, probable conflict with the CyberGraphX?

- Installation on OS3.9 RTG (BoingBag 1-2-3-4) -> Missing characters on the Workbench (see screenshot)

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 04 March 2016 at 14:02.
Old 20 February 2016, 17:42   #108
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Ciao AmigaSystem:

Well, BB3 o 4 are unofficial, so I can not give support to them. It is better if you start with an OS3.9 BB2 and you stay with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
- Installation on OS3.9 AGA (BoingBag 1-2-3-4) -> OKno problem, but after installing Picasso96 you can not get a screen UAEGFX, probable conflict with the CyberGraphX?
Surely yes. I don't use UAEGFX because although AKReal plays perfect under emulation, I don't like to use emulated drivers; they have to emulate real hardware. To install Picasso you have to disable first CyberBugFixAGA.

The problems with the characters and RTG may be because of any preference you are using, or surely because you haven't disabled cyberbugfixaga.

Are you installing the Picasso on WinUAE preparing it for a real Amiga?

I ask because if you just want to have RTG on WinUAE and if you've added the Picasso rom for it, then you just have to go to Tools, "Better Config" and double click on "Install". It will make all the work for you in two clicks. It will change the fonts, the pointer, install the drivers, enable or disable CGXAga and ... everything. If you later want again to use AGA instead of RTG you can use again Better Config and select an AGA one.

You can still try Better Config in your System, but I can not tell if BB3&4 will give you any problem.

If you are preparing it for a real amiga with an RTG board you should first reduce the amount of colors and screen size, move all the unnecessary to WBStartup/Disabled, and then search "DisableCGXAga&Birdie" on Tools and use it. Later install your RTG drivers and later enable Birdie. You also can try another method: You use "Better Config" and select the option for RTG. Then before rebooting, install the RTG drivers you are going to use and then change the screen mode too.

Last edited by Retrofan; 21 February 2016 at 01:04.
Old 21 February 2016, 02:28   #109
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Ciao AmigaSystem:
Well, BB3 o 4 are unofficial, so I can not give support to them. It is better if you start with an OS3.9 BB2 and you stay with that.
I confirm the problem missing characters it was due to BB3-BB4, remade the installation of OS3.9 base and everything works perfectly (attaching video). Then I added later on RealAMiGA BB1 and BB2 and I encountered some problems on icons become default OS3; probably to avoid this it is best to do before upgrading BB1-BB2 and after install RealAMiGA.

Quote:
Surely yes. I don't use UAEGFX because although AKReal plays perfect under emulation, I don't like to use emulated drivers; they have to emulate real hardware. To install Picasso you have to disable first CyberBugFixAGA.
You confirm, disabling the command CyberBugFixAGA, You are obtained by the resolution UAEGFX, but it needs a lot of work to set everything at high resolutions.

Quote:
The problems with the characters and RTG may be because of any preference you are using, or surely because you haven't disabled cyberbugfixaga.
No, this had not solved the problem

Quote:
Are you installing the Picasso on WinUAE preparing it for a real Amiga?
No, I turn on my Amiga for over 20 years (A4000 / 060, A1200, A600, A500, CD32)

Did a little review RealAMiGA HERE on Amigapage and HERE on AmigaNews

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 23 June 2016 at 21:44.
Old 21 February 2016, 13:19   #110
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Nice. The icons that are shown from a side to another while booting have to be stored inside WBStartup/Enabled. If you don't want to use WBStartup++ (the program that makes that), put it inside WBStartup/Disabled and move what you want to use from the Enabled drawer to WBStartup.

Also Amidock, if you use the same image (both images it uses) as the wallpaper, looks transparent, but it has to be right under the bar in the left side.

If you don't like the Ram icon where AKReal puts it, it won't stay where you like just moving it and snapshooting it, you should do more, change the def icon.

Edit: I see you also like the great AmiModRadio by Tigre. Yesterday I made an icon to iconify it, it's in his thread.

Last edited by Retrofan; 21 February 2016 at 13:32.
Old 21 February 2016, 13:25   #111
AMIGASYSTEM

Ok Retrofan i know what you said to me, for GFX mine was just a test, about the Workbench CFX my favorite system remains [ Show youtube player ]
Hello and happy Sunday

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 21 February 2016 at 20:39.
Old 21 February 2016, 14:48   #112
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Nice. I would use different skins for AmigaAmp. I saw some good ones in The Zone.
Old 21 February 2016, 20:24   #113
AMIGASYSTEM

If there is interest, i've created a Video Tutorial on how to install Real Amiga AGA on WinUAE starting from the Workbench floppy OS3.1
a hardfile preformatted in SFS and the Amiga OS3.9 CD. Of course the real compared to the video times are much longer, to speed up the tutorial I cut the expectations of the update.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 22 February 2016, 13:54   #114
Faerytale
Zone Friend

Smile

Nice Video! Much appreciated! Im going to install real Amikit on a600 with vampire2 board, when the board arrives
I hope installing wont be to different from the video.
Old 22 February 2016, 14:23   #115
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Wonderful Faerytale. Keep us informed.

Kipper2k told me it is running fine, but I don't know if they have still problems with FBlit (in WinUAE there isn't such problem running AKReal with an A600).

Also you should disable from the startup-sequence the booting image. It works, but you need to change first it's image to use a 16 colors one using the prefs of BootScreen in Prefs.

You can install it on WinUAE first, change that pref and then install it to your amiga.

Also copy the MUI key to S, and it is better if you install first BB1&2.

Last edited by Retrofan; 19 April 2016 at 00:36.
Old 23 February 2016, 02:55   #116
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
If there is interest, i've created a Video Tutorial on how to install Real Amiga AGA on WinUAE starting from the Workbench floppy OS3.1
a hardfile preformatted in SFS and the Amiga OS3.9 CD. Of course the real compared to the video times are much longer, to speed up the tutorial I cut the expectations of the update.

[ Show youtube player ]
AMIGASYSTEM I'm grateful that you've made the video, but I would make some changes. For example:

- I would start showing your WinUAE configuration, how to make it.
- Then I would show how to create a hdf (950Mb at least)
- I have the idea that it's necessary to create and use the Emergency Disk to create an OS3.9, but maybe I'm wrong. I've always heard that. I know it can be created without it, just like you show in the video, but I'm not sure if it has all of the necessary files.
- I would show how to install BB1 and BB2 too.
- I would show how to copy the MUI key to S
- And at the end, when everything is updated and running I would show how to change "everything" downloading and installing the Picasso rom in Windows for WinUAE (and telling from where) and then I would use in the video "Better Config" as you know, to change all of the environment and use RTG.

Finally, if you want somebody searching and finding how to install AKReal, change the name of the video, don't use Real Amiga, but something about how to install AKReal or AmiKit Real.

Of course your video will always be unofficial, unless it's approved.

Last edited by Retrofan; 23 February 2016 at 03:03.
Old 24 February 2016, 03:34   #117
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi:
Just to comment that AMIcast has made me an interview:

http://www.amigapodcast.com/2016/02/...-fernando.html
Old 19 April 2016, 06:13   #118
Acill
Tech Guru

Will you be releasing the 8.6 version as a stand alone installer?? I would love to have it all ready to go on my machine after the install!
Old 19 April 2016, 11:08   #119
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I will make that, but later, at least a month later.
Old 28 April 2016, 11:50   #120
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

AKReal 8.6 live update released!

We are happy to announce the release of the new update of AKReal – the unofficial conversion of AmiKit for real Amiga machines.

This on-line update is delivered to your AKReal installation via its Live Update feature. Simply boot your AKReal and the new update will be found automatically. Just confirm and install. This update needs a booting partition with at least a size of 950Mb.

Full installation archive is available for free from http://real.amiga.sk/

AKReal 8.6 by Retrofan (April - 2016).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

- ADDED: ShowAmiga96 v2.3c booting picture program by Heiko Mueller for the RTG setups with Picasso.
- ADDED: "Modules/Old Skool" folder to the "Radio" option of the Start Menus of Magellan with some radio streams; CVGM, Kohina, ModFM, Nectarine and Slay Radio.
- ADDED: Delitracker II V2.34 by Peter Kunath and Frank Riffel.
- ADDED: AmiModRadio v0.98 by @Tygre.
- ADDED: RandomSkin script for AmiModRadio by Retrofan. Use it only with MUI4.
- ADDED: New modded BarryB's preferences based in Bimarcao's config for the Indivision AGA MKII available with MorpheuZ.
- ADDED: MorpheuZ now including new Booting Display option ShowAmiga96, added "AmiKit 8" theme and new AmiModRadio option with a set of the best MUI configurations and Skins for MUI4.
- ADDED: New option "IconEdit" with "Open With" when you right click on an icon info.
- ADDED: KalaK skin in diferent versions by Jan Jensen, to be used with AmigaAMP or AMPlifier.
- ADDED: Four more booting sounds. Music by DJNick and new voices by Luis Miguel Herrero and Elenita McLane.
- FIXED: Icons with RTG and AfAOS.
- FIXED: AmiStart for AfAOS.
- FIXED: Kiss Radio Stream.
- FIXED: Aminet icon tool.
- FIXED: Scalos prefs with MUI4.
- FIXED: MUI preferences in some programs using RTG.
- UPDATED: A huge amount of images have been changed to be remapped using the Retro Image Tool.
- UPDATED: WHDLoad v18.2. No more keys needed, no need to register. Many thanks to Bert Jahn.
- UPDATED: PicShow v.1.31.457 by Thomas Rapp.
- UPDATED: MUI4 20.6511 and added FlushMUI to C:
- UPDATED: ScreenText by Thomas Rapp, January 2015.
- UPDATED: Icon Library 46.4.426 for 020 by Peter Keunecke.
- UPDATED: All of the Star Menus for Magellan including the new radio streams and the new programs.
- UPDATED: AmiStart menus adding the new programs.
- UPDATED: iGame update from 2015/11/07 by Emmanuel Vasilakis.
- UPDATED: "AmiKit LOGO" now also detects and changes when using 256 colors for a better remapped look.
- CHANGED: "Better Config" with new options and now it changes ShapeShifter prefs if you select to use RTG, now using a Picasso monitor with 256 colors.
- CHANGED: FBlit and FText disabled for RTG in the Startup-Sequence.
- CHANGED: WB2000 MUI preferences and added new programs: DeliTracker and AmiModRadio.
- CHANGED: Patterns and prefs for ReqAttack when using RTG or AfA.
- CHANGED: AmiNetRadio prefs.
- CHANGED: IBrowse MUI settings and a new configuration with MorpheuZ: BlueStone2 using different fonts.
- CHANGED: Scalos prefs. Font and windows pattern.
- CHANGED: User-Startup will add a line for AmiModRadio to your existing one.
- DELETED: Indivision MKII Configs in Tools. Use MorpheuZ to install them.
- DELETED: "Workbench" wallpaper.

The update adds some new programs like AmiModRadio or DeliTracker II. Both programs have also been included in several docks.

For AmiModRadio (in Utilitites) you better include (if you hadn't) the mui.key in S. I've included also in the drawer an icon-script called "RandomSkin" that lets you boot using different skins everytime you start it. It also will use images with the right amount of colors depending on what amount you are actually using. You can also use MorpheuZ to select among different AmiModRadio configurations of skins/buttons.

DeliTracker II will use a different scope depending if you are using AGA or RTG.

There is a new folder in "Radios" in the Start Menu (right click on the AmiKit logo in the top bar) called "Mods/Old Skool", where you can now listen to that. Also new skins by Jan Jensen for AmigaAMP or AMPlifier have been added.

A lot of images and wallpapers have been remapped using the "Retro Image Tool" program, so now they will look better.

QUESTIONS
----------------------

Q- What happens if I'm using Mattahan icons and I update to 8.6, do I have to install it all again?
A- The installer detects if you are using them and then it just changes the new ones so you keep having all of them installed plus some new ones of the update converted to use your icons or new ones.

Q- It seems you have a lot of work over your shoulders. Do you have any place to donate?
A- Thanks for supporting the effort. Yep, there is a place to support this conversion at http://real.amiga.sk/donations.htm

THANKS
----------------

Many thanks to Paul Kitching for letting to use one of his drawings for the main Skin used in AmiModRadio and also to Thomas Koch (https://www.flickr.com/photos/tommeskoch/) for three skins of him that are included in AmiModRadio. Thanks also to Peter Keunecke for his improved Icon.library, Thore Böckelmann for his help with MUI4, Thomas Rapp, Sascha Springer for his great Retro Image Tool online program, also to Bernd Roesch, Thomas Klein and Darius Brewka for his help to make run right AmiStart with AfAOS. Of course to @Tygre for his great AmiModRadio program and also to James Stalham for some help and nice icons and images. Finally thanks a lot to Jan Jensen for his marvellous KalaK skin and to Luis Miguel Herrero (Constelación Commodore) and Elenita McLane for the voices for the booting sounds.

Have Fun !!

AKReal is free, but you can contribute with whatever amount you feel it is worth.
http://real.amiga.sk/donations.htm

I've attached an example of WinUAE configuration. You should change the paths to use it. Basically it's an 030 JIT enabled, ram enough as UAE... and a Picasso IV Zorro III if you want to use RTG and you've got the Picasso IV rom file.

Screenshots attached.

Daily updated:
Total Donations (since releasing the update): ... 0

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 €, any donations mean to me an interest -a truly one, just like love-, just because you take your time and your money (sacred things) to make it. It's not the money at all, it's your interest that keeps this project alive. I hope you understand: if I could get 5 1€ donations I would be Very happy.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AKReal860Boot.png
Views:	233
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	48296   Click image for larger version

Name:	AKRealAmimod.png
Views:	297
Size:	308.8 KB
ID:	48297   Click image for larger version

Name:	AKRealDelitracker.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	48298   Click image for larger version

Name:	AKRealKalakSkin.png
Views:	416
Size:	478.0 KB
ID:	48299  
Attached Files
File Type: uae AKReal_8.6_Configuration.uae (18.5 KB, 174 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 21 May 2016 at 00:16.