NO! Amiga Games suck 3 3.09%
NO! It should be free 17 17.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 May 2013, 17:36   #21
ptyerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
Deuteros 2
Now that I would definitely pay full price for, without hesitation.
Old 13 May 2013, 17:38   #22
OlafSch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
Deuteros 2
You mean that?

http://people.zeelandnet.nl/bfernhou...os_remake.html
Old 13 May 2013, 17:42   #23
leathered

hypothetically I'd pay for any game if it was good and also like the idea of a500 games, preferably upward compatible. But I also like the idea of freeware games and registering for extra perks
Old 13 May 2013, 17:42   #24
OlafSch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptyerman View Post
Now that I would definitely pay full price for, without hesitation.
Is it a legal remake? To make a sequel of a program you need the rights to do (or you call and do it a little different) and you cannot use graphic or music from the original game but must recreate it. When yes I would be interested too to buy it.
Old 13 May 2013, 17:43   #25
ptyerman

Thanks for that. A remake is pretty cool, will try it out when it's ready. Not the same as a sequel though, and a sequel on the Amiga would be pretty awesome.
Old 13 May 2013, 20:25   #26
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafSch View Post
That's a remake and also it's pretty much dead in space Developer hasn't replied to his own thread for a very long time
Old 13 May 2013, 20:38   #27
jma

If someone made OutRun (the original from 1986, not the recent remake) as it was meant to be, then why not ?

Old 13 May 2013, 20:40   #28
Akiko

The retro gaming scene is so big these days I'm surprised there hasn't already been a whole load of Kickstarter projects announced, especially for platforms of the megadrive and N64.
Old 13 May 2013, 21:05   #29
MaW

Firstly, please elaborate on what you'd consider an AAA game in today's miggy realm ...
Old 13 May 2013, 23:27   #30
mikrucio

oh woops! sorry lads.

Yeah a AAA Title includes but is not limited to =>

High production values
An Engrossing story line
Artistic graphics
Excellent music and sound FX
New and progressive game mechanics.

Keep the votes coming!
Old 14 May 2013, 02:12   #31
Marcuz

Yeah but, I'm asking: "AAA" title includes but is not limited to =>

A real game that a real developer (with previous experience in "AAA" game developing for Amiga) is making for real now.
A game that disregardedly the above is of inherent interest to someone no matter the platform for which is developed because is something specific. Like, what?
A game that will not use a unsubstantial poll on a internet board to decide its fate because it is a) already well advanced in development and b) made and advertised by people who knows what is doing?

Or "AAA" title includes AND is limited to =>

A fantasy you would enthusiastically entertain very casually on a internet board?

Keep the polls coming!
Old 14 May 2013, 03:21   #32
mikrucio

just to keep marcuz from pulling out a machine gun and spraying me with gun fire lol
This is more of a whos got what poll. The game is already under development.
its top secret for the moment, especially to marcuz. hehe
Old 14 May 2013, 04:26   #33
fishyfish
Banned

Sorry, I dont want to hijack the thread, but this is actually something I was wondering about as well, so rather than start a new poll I thought Id ask a few questions more in-line with what I wouldve asked in my own poll/thread.

As some of you are aware Im constantly tinkering away on doing something amiga related. My main interests are in creating original software, but I always struggle to complete a ful game. Not that I dont have the kowledge/skill required, but for other factors. Because of this Ive finished a lot more ports than original software.

As for the afore mentioned factors they can be tricky at times.

Now this is purely my perspective, but it goes a little something like:

Despite their "retro" label the 68k amigas are still capable of creating games that "mainstream" gamers wouldnt shun for their retro nature. Given even a moderately upgraded machine ('020 upwards plus fastram) and the right game selection and a "classic" amiga can still create a good version of some of the bread and butter game styles mobile devices, sbox live, psn, etc. thrive on.
This however takes time and at least a few dedicated people. Now bare in mind Im thinking from a perspective that I dont want a "pd style" game (even if there's some good ones), but rather modern production values, good graphics/animation, good sound/music, etc. In short something a person would expect from an amiga game in the current day. To get these dedicated people onboard however can require a few incentives (ie. I cant afford to pay too much out myself, so it'd be good to make a little back).

Yes Im aware that the amiga is completely outclassed today, and doesnt have a lot of wow factor compared to what people are used to today, but as I said if a person chooses wisely a pleasant enough looking/sounding game if more than possible.

I know pricing s a factor for people, but I cant say exactly what yet. It's come down to costs of packaging, box, etc. I would try to make it as close to $20 as possible though and offer a cheap downloadable copy. Hypothetical for now of course though.

Now that I got that out of the way, my poll wouldve gone a little something like:

Would You Pay For a New Commercial Quality 68k Amiga Game?

Yes, if it's a good game.

Yes, if it's good and matches my tastes.

Maybe, but only if it's system friendly so I can run it on OS4/MOS/Amithlon.

Maybe. I'd wait until I heard feedback of finished game and then decide.

Probably not. Im happy with all the freely downloadable amiga games, but if it's cheap I still may.

No.

Anyway, like I said, sorry for the thread hijacking. If people could answer the original question, but also consider my questions in their responses Id appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.
Old 14 May 2013, 04:56   #34
NovaCoder

I've been thinking about this as well, even though I love the whole retro thing and like supporting new developments, I still wouldn't pay more than about $20 for a new commercial Amiga game.

And obviously the game would have to be something that I actually wanted to play

There problem is I can download so many great games already for hardly any money (or for free) so it's hard to justify spending much on a new retro game in 2013.
Old 14 May 2013, 10:44   #35
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikrucio View Post
just to keep marcuz from pulling out a machine gun and spraying me with gun fire lol
This is more of a whos got what poll. The game is already under development.
its top secret for the moment, especially to marcuz. hehe
I'm not a hater mikrucio, you or whoever making a game don't requires my opinion, I was just saying that if you do actually ask for opinions, moreso if it is about a commercial venture you care about, you better do it giving proper contest, or, to you the results will be completely non statistically relevant, in quantity and in quality, and to the people you ask to, you'll sound less professional than you want, like you are trying to sell something as something is not because your buyers would be interested in that instead.
That said, good luck with the game!
Old 14 May 2013, 10:58   #36
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I'm still not sure if 'YES! But iv only got an Amiga 1200' votes actually tell you anything about how many would actually pay for your game. Afterall I'd just assume a game has to be *really* good to make people buy an AAA machine To be honest this whole poll seems to be utterly pointless no matter from which perspective I look at it (just my 2 cent).
Old 14 May 2013, 11:12   #37
OlafSch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikrucio View Post
oh woops! sorry lads.

Yeah a AAA Title includes but is not limited to =>

High production values
An Engrossing story line
Artistic graphics
Excellent music and sound FX
New and progressive game mechanics.

Keep the votes coming!
just my two cent :-)

Some people are now completing a new 68k game (Opensource) called Amega-One. Hardware required is 68060 + RTG. I think the common classic hardware base now is 68030 + AGA right now. So if anyone really plans to do something commercial with "WOW effect" it should something above A500 + ECS. I would certainly buy a game to support development and to build up a market again. And I agree with fishy, 68k is not dead and with mobile platforms supported (Android) there are even new chances for commercial development.
Old 14 May 2013, 11:24   #38
Djay
95th User

Everyone

List 3 (only) Amiga games that you consider triple A?
Old 14 May 2013, 12:21   #39
leathered

There are loads;

Skidmarks (any version)
Turrican (any version)
Lotus (any version)

It's worth pointing out here that my version of Lotus is the 96k version. On the Amiga, games don't have to be commercially available to be AAA, there's a vast catalogue, and most of the people making the quality new stuff don't charge for it.
Old 14 May 2013, 14:35   #40
Djay
95th User

Indeed, which is why I asked for only 3 , my question and point is that to be considered triple A, the game needs to be amazing especially if a full price is being charged!

Gotta say that some great games funded via kickstarter and available on iOS are from start up developers which have no back catalogue, IMHO the proof is in the pudding...

...anyone that contributes to the Amiga scene today should be encouraged, decide when the game comes out whether it's actually good enough to part with money!