English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. System

Old 22 December 2018, 15:06   #1
tschak909
IRATA.ONLINE Operator

Am I subtly closing serial.device wrong?

This is one of the last bugs I am trying to work out, before shipping the first release of PLATOTerm for the Amiga:

Currently, when using 7WIRE (RTS/CTS), I can only run PLATOTerm once. Running again, it no longer responds to anything from the modem (tcpser in this case), and I restart tcpser (but I do not have to restart the computer or platoterm), and it works again.

Also, when using telser.device, I can only use it once, as it opens a connection to the device, and it stays in the running list of processes in telsermon, and doesn't go away. (even though I am calling closedevice, gracefully clearing out all the iorequests, and finally closing the ports...)

What's going on?
Code is here: https://github.com/tschak909/platote...aster/src/io.c

-Thom
Old 22 December 2018, 15:50   #2
thomas

Not sure if it is related to your problem but you seem to call CloseDevice twice for the same unit:

In the beginning you call OpenDevice with readio. Then you copy the result from readio to writeio, so that they both represent the same unit.

But in the end you call CloseDevice for both readio and writeio. The first call complements the OpenDevice call, but the second call is out of sync.
Old 22 December 2018, 20:36   #3
tschak909
IRATA.ONLINE Operator

Ok, good to know. I was initially just closing for readio, I was trying to see if I needed to do it for writeIO too...

-Thom