English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 25 June 2015, 14:09   #1
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Idea:Getting WHDLoad to boot a floppy disk or ADF file

Is there a way of getting WHDLoad to boot a Floppy disk game so it runs the kickstart like 1.3 then you put the floppy in the drive and it boots the game..?

Another idea is to have a GUI that uses WHDLoad to boot ADF files..

So you mount the ADF image in the GUI then click load to run the adf image using the WHDLoad kickstart 1.3 and loads the game from the ADF file..?

(I know that the images in the installs for WHDLoad are ADF images names Disk 1 and so on..)
Old 25 June 2015, 15:21   #2
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Not a bad Idea, If not WHDLoad the something that can load ADF's (DOS & NDOS) from startup would be handy.

You can already do it for DOS games using Isomount, XFS or maybe even DiskImage but you need a HD to pull it off.
Old 27 June 2015, 11:19   #3
Retro1234
Boo

You can do it with the workbench slaves - What would be nice or maybe one day ill get round to it - A gui to comiple a slave on the fly - So you choose your adf,memory and kickstart spec - But of course 90% of games wouldnt run but they already have Whdload patches.
Old 27 June 2015, 13:34   #4
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
You can do it with the workbench slaves - What would be nice or maybe one day ill get round to it - A gui to comiple a slave on the fly - So you choose your adf,memory and kickstart spec - But of course 90% of games wouldnt run but they already have Whdload patches.
Workbench slaves..? I am at the moment playing around with WHDLoad,I have a generic slave that I use to run Fruit Mania and Amos Coin Drop they work fine in 16.8 but not any higher.

Its pot luck if a game works with it,I think it will only work with one disk games,well never tried 2 disk games.

Will try Puzzle Book 1 when I get it..

Would be nice to have a gui to load a adf or a floppy disk(is that possible).
Good idea to be able to pick the kickstart and maybe to be able to disable the cache to..

Can someone make a gui for the generic slave so you can pick the adf you want to use and it puts it in the folder and renames it Disk.1..?
Old 28 June 2015, 23:46   #5
Wepl

there is also http://whdload.de/whdload/GenericKick11.lha but most stuff will require special patching to run properly which can't be afforded by the generic Slave