English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 15 January 2013, 19:57   #1
BarryB
Amigaholic

RTDD v1.9 (CrunchMania Data Decruncher). Does it exist?

Reading the docs from CrunchMania v1.91t it mentions RTDD (Run Time Data Decruncher) v1.9, but the archive off Aminet (CrMv191t.lha) only has v1.7? It also mentions RTDD v2.0, which is a commodity, but that isn't in the archive.

Did these only come with the registered version? If anyone has them can they be uploaded to The Zone please?

I'd like to try v1.9 as currently I have a few issues when crunching some games onto 1 disk with CruchMania as they just don't work. If I use PowerPacked data files and PowerPackerPatcher the games run fine but won't fit on one disk due to the bad compression ratio of PowerPacker, so a little bit confused why some game files don't like to be packed as data files with CrunchMania but are fine when packed as data files with PowerPacker?

EDIT: I know v1.8 exists as I had it, but have now lost it v1.8 needs CrM.library as I guess v1.9 will, so if anyone has v1.8 of RTDD can it be uploaded to The Zone as well!!

Last edited by BarryB; 15 January 2013 at 21:14.
Old 15 January 2013, 22:03   #2
James

1.8 can be found in this archive:

http://aminet.net/package/game/demo/XPE
Old 15 January 2013, 22:46   #3
BarryB
Amigaholic

Cheers James, pity they forgot to put crm.library in that archive

I tested with a game and it still won't work with crm data, used the crm.library from the 1.91t version and the registered one of some disk mag creator and still no go. RTDD must conflict with how some games load files or unpatch vectors that RTDD just patched?
Old 16 January 2013, 01:56   #4
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
I tested with a game and it still won't work with crm data, used the crm.library from the 1.91t version and the registered one of some disk mag creator and still no go.
Do you know the version number of that registered crm.library?

There are two possibles on Aminet this one appears to be 4.30r, but has the same filesize as 4.11t, so may be a hex edit job:

http://aminet.net/package/docs/mags/gaugnews1

This one appears to be 4.36r and has a different filesize, if it is genuine it is newer than the one mentioned in the other thread:

http://aminet.net/package/game/hint/PD_Cheater_V26
Old 16 January 2013, 19:58   #5
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Do you know the version number of that registered crm.library?
It's v4.30, from an F1 Licenceware release of Disk Mag Creator 1995. it's in folder /Commodore_Amiga/TOSEC/Applications/Public Domain/[ADF] on the EAB FTP.

The GAUGNEWS archive contains the same crm.library as the one on the Disk Mag Creator disk, the PD Cheater one is 4.36 so definitely newer, unfortunately it still doesn't work on the disk with crm data files which, btw, is Their Finst Hour: Battle of Britain.

I doubt in this case that RTDD v1.9 would work, if it's ever found, seeing as all the other RTDD/crm.library options didn't work.
Old 15 May 2015, 21:46   #6
Skylight
Crazy Collector

Below u will find RTDD 1.9 and RTDD 2.0 (coming from CrM 1.9r).

And as the latest CrM.library u should use 4.36 (included in PD Cheater archive).

If Roland Körner decided to release his registered version 4.36 (with his name in it) together with his PD Cheater collection, then u can feel free to use it for other purposes too.

My registered CrM 1.91r is 2 months older and came with CrM.library 4.34.

But don't expect me to release my registered versions (with my name and address in it) to the public.
This will not happen!
Attached Files
File Type: 7z RTDD20.7z (4.5 KB, 364 views)