English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 30 March 2011, 14:27   #1
roberthazelby
Amiga user since 1990

Amiga Immortal 4 CD Available to Order

Afternoon all,

I'm signed-up to the Immortal mailing list, and had the following arrive in my mailbox earlier today.

I thought it may interest a number of you.

If you've not purchased the earlier Immortal albums you're missing out on some fantastic reworked versions of many classic Amiga game tunes.

Quote:
Double-CD "Immortal 4"
Amiga videogame music 20 years later, newly interpreted by original authors

Mission completed! The CD can be ordered as of now, price is 24,95 Euro:
http://www.maz-sound.com/

Immortal 4 is the 4th strike of the popular Immortal series, featuring Legendary game music of the Commodore Amiga in newly arranged studio productions. Most of them were created by their original authors again - trademark of the Immortal series. We couldn't even stop them to play live-instruments, you'll become earwitness when Al Lowe himself (Leisure Suit Larry) is playing the saxophone, Jon Hare (Cannon Fodder) being back at the microphone and Dave Govett (Wing Commander) hitting the drums.

Numerous classics have been rearranged, such as Lemmings (Tim Wright), Turrican 2 (Chris Hülsbeck), Flashback (Jean Baudlot), Gauntlet 3 (Tim Follin), F17 Challenge (Nicola Tomljanovich) and many more. Exklusive new versions were contributed by well-known demoscene musicians, such as Romeo Knight (at the guitar too) and Jogeir Liljedahl.

Release date of the CD is April 11th. During the first month after the release, it CD will be available in the MAZ shop exclusively.

Kind regards,
Matthias 'maz' Ziegs
www.maz-sound.com
Old 30 March 2011, 15:36   #2
Hewitson

Dave Govett?

The music for Wing Commander was done by Mark Knight (TDK/Anthrox).
Old 30 March 2011, 15:38   #3
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I don't remember half of these tracks

The nostalgia factor for me isn't as high as immortal 2 or 3.
Old 30 March 2011, 20:52   #4
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
i dont like this front cover, looks like TF2 ! The 3 was awesome
Old 30 March 2011, 21:51   #5
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I hope there will be teasers of all the tracks soon... otherwise I think I'll pass.
Old 30 March 2011, 22:01   #6
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

I'd rather hear Raphael Gesquas music from Flashback, his was the memorable stuff.

The rest of those tracks are pretty much..... well, surely they haven't exhausted all the great music on Amiga yet.... have they?
Old 30 March 2011, 23:00   #7
viddi

Already ordered.
Old 07 April 2011, 16:35   #8
Jim Power

Just a few remarks: it was indeed Dave Govett who composed the original main theme from "Wing Commander". Mark Knight converted the score for the Amiga version (on a sidenote, Mark is featured with an orchestral composition from the game "Captive 2: Liberation" on the album). Similarly, Raphaël Gesqua only arranged the soundtrack for "Flashback" on the Amiga, but he didn't write any original music for this game... Raphaël himself told me so and pointed me to Jean. We will upload some more previews on http://www.maz-sound.com/index.php?show=product&id=48 over the next days, so you can decide if the album is really worth your money.

Old 15 April 2011, 02:58   #9
gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
I'd rather hear Raphael Gesquas music from Flashback, his was the memorable stuff. The rest of those tracks are pretty much..... well, surely they haven't exhausted all the great music on Amiga yet.... have they?
I agree. When I saw the tracklist I only noticed 2 or 3 tunes that I would consider very good or excellent Amiga originals. The rest were pretty average or just forgettable. I hope there is another Immortal album produced but with the tracks chosen on the strength of the music itself, not on whether the original artist is available to aid in a remix - I mean who honestly would have put "Leisure Suit Larry" in their top 10/20/50 Amiga tunes?
Old 10 May 2011, 16:39   #10
Jim Power

Quote:
surely they haven't exhausted all the great music on Amiga yet.... have they?
Well, I am certainly open for suggestions... always have been (in fact, quite a lot of the titles featured on volume 4 were suggested by listeners of our previous CDs). While the main theme from "Leisure Suit Larry" may not have been that great from a technical point of view, it had an extremely memorable and catchy melody - that's why it was chosen for the album. However, please let me know what games should have been included in your opinion.