English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 12 November 2005, 17:46   #1
dondilly

Platinum Works

I remember a basic but dependable 'Office' bundle (I think by microsystems) Called Platinum Works. which bundled WP, DB, Spreadsheet and comms into one package.

I remember it was part of the bundle that came with the A1500 in the UK which is how I acquired it. However my disks are long since deceased. One thing that did stand out about the package as unheard of now, but it came with a proper dead tree manual in the 3 ring binder. That is rare on the amiga and practically unheard of with bundled software on any platform.

Its not an urgent must have, as it's functionality was surpassed by many other productivity apps and it was a bit quirky (if I recall they got the x and ymodem file transfers mixed up for a start lol)

If anyone does have a copy they could put in the zone, it would be appreciated even just for old time sake as the tosec apps archive only seems to include scribble, the WP that eventually formed part of the bundle.

Come to think of it, I cant find a copy of Battle of britain either :-)

so might as well ask for any of the software bundle that came with the A1500. I am sure there was at least one other in the bundle but cant recall , if anyone cares to refresh my memory
Old 12 November 2005, 23:55   #2
dondilly

I located a copy of platinum works, or rather Works the Platinum Edition.

Also in answer to my own question, the A1500 Software pack was The Works, Dpaint3, Their Finest Hour (Battle of Britain) Populous and sim city.

Im seriously thinking of getting a sock puppet so you guys dont think Im going nuts talking to myself lol