English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 21 January 2018, 10:10   #381
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

This thread really isn't meant for official reports but I guess it is fine this time. (I didn't lock it this time because previously it was not possible to delete any attachments if thread was locked, filling user's attachment quota)

Which Windows version? It must be some older Windows 10 version, perhaps the first one (10240)? Version that supports DXGI 1.4 but not 1.5. (8.1 max was 1.3)

It is a stupid bug: My DXGI 1.5 check routine missed one failure check causing crash if highest DXGI is 1.4. (DXGI = "modern" DirectDraw like API, used in D3D11 mode but also used to check which D3D11 features are available)
Old 21 January 2018, 11:11   #382
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
This thread really isn't meant for official reports but I guess it is fine this time. (I didn't lock it this time because previously it was not possible to delete any attachments if thread was locked, filling user's attachment quota)
You can lock if you want Toni

@all; anyone that needs attachments removed from the thread due to filling your quota. Just PM a GM and we'll remove for you.
Old 21 January 2018, 13:22   #383
AmigaRob

Quote:

Which Windows version? It must be some older Windows 10 version, perhaps the first one (10240)? Version that supports DXGI 1.4 but not 1.5. (8.1 max was 1.3)

It is a stupid bug: My DXGI 1.5 check routine missed one failure check causing crash if highest DXGI is 1.4. (DXGI = "modern" DirectDraw like API, used in D3D11 mode but also used to check which D3D11 features are available)
Yes it is 10240. I did not realise it had not auto-updated to whatever the newest is. It is typical that it would auto-update from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with little warning, and then sit on an old build and never do an incremental update!

Thank you!
Old 21 January 2018, 14:52   #384
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaRob View Post
Yes it is 10240. I did not realise it had not auto-updated to whatever the newest is. It is typical that it would auto-update from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with little warning, and then sit on an old build and never do an incremental update!
Great, it should only affect 10240 (which is technically unsupported already) so fortunately this is not a showstopper bug.
Old 22 January 2018, 15:25   #385
liveevil
Custom User Title

Wasn't sure what thread to report this. I'm using v3.6.0 final and noticed a couple of minor bugs with the drive sounds. The 'Empty drive' volume slider is now the volume for 'Disk in drive' and the drive sounds selection (built-in, A500Real etc.) don't save when saving Configuration.

EDIT: I noticed that it saves the built-in drive sounds but goes back to 'No sound' if you save config on any of the added extra drive sounds.

Last edited by liveevil; 22 January 2018 at 15:31.
Old 22 January 2018, 15:34   #386
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Since there isn't a new beta thread yet: Screenshots aren't working with D3D11 enabled, D3D9 is fine. A known issue left or a bug?
Old 22 January 2018, 17:40   #387
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
Wasn't sure what thread to report this. I'm using v3.6.0 final and noticed a couple of minor bugs with the drive sounds. The 'Empty drive' volume slider is now the volume for 'Disk in drive' and the drive sounds selection (built-in, A500Real etc.) don't save when saving Configuration.

EDIT: I noticed that it saves the built-in drive sounds but goes back to 'No sound' if you save config on any of the added extra drive sounds.
Does it happen with 3.5? Always required test if you post in beta thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Since there isn't a new beta thread yet: Screenshots aren't working with D3D11 enabled, D3D9 is fine. A known issue left or a bug?
Works for me so more information needed.. (Output panel before/after filtering, native mode? rtg mode? and so on)
Old 22 January 2018, 18:03   #388
liveevil
Custom User Title

Quote:
Does it happen with 3.5? Always required test if you post in beta thread
The choice of drive sounds save to a config correctly in v3.5.0 (but not in v3.6.0), the drive volume sliders are the same as v3.6.0, 'Disk in drive' sound slider doesn't seem to do anything and 'Empty drive' sound slider alters the volume of the disk loading sounds.
Old 22 January 2018, 18:07   #389
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
The choice of drive sounds save to a config correctly in v3.5.0 (but not in v3.6.0), the drive volume sliders are the same as v3.6.0, 'Disk in drive' sound slider doesn't seem to do anything and 'Empty drive' sound slider alters the volume of the disk loading sounds.
Bad translation dll? It seems to work fine here.
Old 22 January 2018, 18:50   #390
liveevil
Custom User Title

I'm not using a translation dll. I extracted a fresh WinUAE v3.6.0. I'll post a screen of the section i'm talking about.

I get no disk drive loading sounds until I increase the 'empty drive' slider, the 'disk in drive' slider doesn't do anything.

The drop down where you can select the type of drive sound doesn't save the selection when saving a Configuration (It saves 'A500 WinUAE built-in' but not the others, A500, A500Real, LOUD & ST).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Floppy Sound.png
Views:	121
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	56363  
Old 22 January 2018, 20:10   #391
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
I'm not using a translation dll. I extracted a fresh WinUAE v3.6.0. I'll post a screen of the section i'm talking about.

I get no disk drive loading sounds until I increase the 'empty drive' slider, the 'disk in drive' slider doesn't do anything.

The drop down where you can select the type of drive sound doesn't save the selection when saving a Configuration (It saves 'A500 WinUAE built-in' but not the others, A500, A500Real, LOUD & ST).
You didn't test it fully because empty drive issue was not introduced in 3.6 (If disk is inserted before emulation was started, drive sound code thought the drive was empty)

Config load was real 3.6 bug (side-effect due to it using path config entry type but it also assumed plain string gets returned as plain string. It just worked accidentally previously)

Both fixed.
Old 22 January 2018, 20:48   #392
liveevil
Custom User Title

Thanks, can't really check it though because 3.6.1 beta 0 is not saving a WinUAE settings file and it says it can't find my kickstart roms when starting emulation.
Old 22 January 2018, 21:35   #393
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Thanks, can't really check it though because 3.6.1 beta 0 is not saving a WinUAE settings file and it says it can't find my kickstart roms when starting emulation.
That should not be possible, there is no changes in those areas.
Old 22 January 2018, 22:13   #394
liveevil
Custom User Title

Sorry, my bad. I deleted everything and started again, now it's working fine. Not sure what happened there. Thanks.
Old 22 January 2018, 23:33   #395
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:

Works for me so more information needed.. (Output panel before/after filtering, native mode? rtg mode? and so on)
Native mode, happens with "before filtering" enabled and disabled too. But i found out that fullscreen is the issue here. Full Window+D3D11 outputs indeed a screenshot.
Old 23 January 2018, 08:33   #396
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Native mode, happens with "before filtering" enabled and disabled too. But i found out that fullscreen is the issue here. Full Window+D3D11 outputs indeed a screenshot.
Works in fullscreen for me (before filtering not ticked, if ticked, mode should not have any effect because screenshot comes from internal buffer). Attach your config and also check if winuae.7z logs any errors when attempting to take a screenshot.
Old 23 January 2018, 14:36   #397
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Config and logs (can't see anyhting suspicious there).
Attached Files
File Type: rar Win-UAE config+logs.rar (9.9 KB, 62 views)
Old 23 January 2018, 18:17   #398
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Wait a moment, do you enter GUI and then press screenshot button? That wasn't working in D3D11 fullscreen. (I of course always used shortcut keys and didn't even remember that button..)

Always include enough details..
Old 23 January 2018, 18:24   #399
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Yep. Never used the shortcut. Was probably too lazy to look for it. Sorry.

And "End+PrintScreen" works indeed as expected.
Old 24 January 2018, 09:04   #400
PARALAX

Send a message via ICQ to PARALAX
Hello!

I'm currently testing the final Version of 3.6.0 and I note that obviously the "Data Cache Emulation" under "CPU and FPU" has no effect and will be turned off again when entering the configuration menu. Also this option will not be saved to any config file. I tried this with my usual 68060-Emulation used in many versions before.

Furthermore it's not possible to record videos under "output"-option, no matter which codec I choose. The emulation is incredibly slow after starting to record (tested with Lagarith lossless and XVid MPEG-4 codec). I have not the latest PC but I think a Core i7 3770 CPU with 3,4 Ghz. should be more than enough to record videos even with my old Windows 7 setup. I've attached my configuration file here, so maybe someone could find out what's wrong with the WinUAE-Setup but I think it's a bug because I was able to record perfectly with older versions.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Configurations.zip (19.2 KB, 71 views)