English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 21 September 2001, 21:39   #1
Ziaxx
Zone Friend

How do I make ADF files?

Can anyone tell me an easy way to make ADF files using Windows? Is there a program that can do it? I'd like to do this so I can download programs from for example Aminet and make them work in the emulator. Files there are usually DMS (which seems to run fine in emulators, just like ADF) or LHA but no ADF files. And I wanna make the LHA files work in the emulators, I know I gotta unpack them, but then what? So... anyone?
Old 21 September 2001, 21:56   #2
RCK
Administrator

Arrrrrrrrrrrrg.... RCK cratered.

http://eab.abime.net/announcement.php?s=&forumid=20
Old 22 September 2001, 06:28   #3
Amiga1992

Why people dont read anouncements?

Can you put them in flashy red and make them bounce all over the screen, RCK?
Old 22 September 2001, 07:05   #4
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I think new users when signing up should be made to read the announcments and to click a button stating that they have read them before their account can be activated.
Old 22 September 2001, 08:33   #5
Amigaboy

Not only that, you should have it on the main page somewhere

Old 22 September 2001, 16:01   #6
RCK
Administrator

Okay, annoucements are now more "general".

All News section: English Amiga Board RULES
All Problems section: How to & Amiga FAQ
All Request section: How to find the ADF your are looking for ?

I'll think about the main page.
Old 22 September 2001, 16:02   #7
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
I think new users when signing up should be made to read the announcments and to click a button stating that they have read them before their account can be activated.
this is already something like this...
even if they are not "forced" to read them all.
Old 23 September 2001, 14:05   #8
Ziaxx
Zone Friend

Thumbs down *sigh*

Instead of arguing about whether new users should be forced to read some stuff or not, why not help them out by answering their questions instead, or just don't say anything if you don't want to. Isn't that kinda what a message board is all about anyway?

This wasn't of any help whatsoever, 5 replies and only the first one about the link might have been of any help. But it assumed that you have a real Amiga 2.0 or better... I might not even have an Amiga puter at all, and then it wouldn't work at all. But I do actually have my old Amiga but it's only a 1.3 so it still won't do any good.

Plus, I asked if there are programs for Windows where people can make ADF files, like a "Win ADF manager" or whatever. I guess there are not but then someone could just frankly say so.

Oh well? Guess I'll just have to download my ADFs in the future, that works fine too...
Old 23 September 2001, 14:58   #9
TikTok

Hmmm, I think if nobody answered your post at all you might think that people here were not helpful, which is certainly not true. This board is one of the most informative and cooperative I have seen

Quote:
an Amiga puter at all, and then it wouldn't work at all. But I do actually have my old Amiga but it's only a 1.3 so it still won't do any good.
I don't think the section relevant to you assumes you have any Amiga at all, since if I understand correctly you are trying to make adf files on a Windows machine from lha archives (rather than from actual Amiga disks). If this is what you want to do, it is quite easy to do using the programs mentioned in the FAQ, and also probably a few more on Aminet. In fact, you can do it completely from an emulator, without any PC programs!

The people on this board are really helpful in my experience, it's just that people took a lot of time to compile the information in the FAQs; you probably said you had read them when you signed up on the board, and yet we still get asked these questions all the time

I'm sure you would find people a lot more helpful if you had posted a question along the lines of "I read the FAQ, tried ADF Opus (or whatever), but am having problems...can anyone help". Along with a good description of the problem of course
Old 23 September 2001, 15:40   #10
Ziaxx
Zone Friend

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound harsh. I know that people here are helpful cause they helped me out before, and you just did too! Thanks for the idea about ADFOpus, that program is just what I was looking for, it seems very good.
Old 24 September 2001, 17:34   #11
Amiga1992

Well when I first read your message I thought you were trying to make ADFs out of disks on your Windows machine, so a point towards teh announcement sounded fine.

Teh announcement is there so we dont have to type in the same shite 100000 times, coz it gets annoying. I do realize you requested help for something else, we misunderstood you. Sorry