English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 01 January 2007, 14:41   #1
Iena
Zone Friend

[ongoing] Italian Night 1999 - Simulmondo Translation Project

Hi to all , i want to start the translation from Italian to English of this Adventure game from Simulmondo here is what i have in mind :

1) Extraction of the text files for the english translation
2) Translation from Italian to English
3) Correction from a native english guy
4) Whdload version of the game
5) Translation of manual from Italian to English
6) Correction from a native english guy
7) Pdf version of the manual

I will do the translations , i need help with the extraction of the text files of the game.

The game is an adventure , you are a private detective with 24h of time to solve the case.

Thx Diego.
Old 01 January 2007, 14:48   #2
Marcuz

wish you a good work! i'm sure someone will be able to help resource it as the project is interesting indeed.
Old 20 January 2007, 09:14   #3
Kurtz
No right to judge him.

That rocks! It will give a chance to non-Italian gamers to complete it, as I've been stuck at some point for 15 years now...

I commend you for your intent Iena... but I'm afraid all the help I'm capable of giving is just what you've already committed to do yourself... translations.

Last edited by Kurtz; 20 January 2007 at 18:55.
Old 21 January 2009, 10:28   #4
albesp77

Project is dead ? I'm italian and can help for any problem releated to file compression

Old 17 February 2009, 07:15   #5
dreammen

Where is your translated file? I can help you spanish to english translation

Last edited by dreammen; 04 August 2009 at 08:45.

Old 18 October 2012, 18:47   #6
Iena
Zone Friend

If someone can extract the text files from the game disk send me a pm i still want to finish this project but i dont know how to extract the text files.

Thx Diego.
Old 04 November 2012, 18:18   #7
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iena View Post
If someone can extract the text files from the game disk send me a pm i still want to finish this project but i dont know how to extract the text files.

Thx Diego.
Perhaps I can extract text files from this game. If I remember right I ripped all files from this game, when I ripped game music. Then you can send to me email at donadan@wp.pl.
Old 10 July 2013, 00:44   #8
Kurtz
No right to judge him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Adan View Post
Perhaps I can extract text files from this game. If I remember right I ripped all files from this game, when I ripped game music. Then you can send to me email at donadan@wp.pl.
Well, I guess ripping the text would be one first step towards a solution. Are you still up to it?
Old 14 July 2013, 15:00   #9
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
Well, I guess ripping the text would be one first step towards a solution. Are you still up to it?
I sent italian text files to translator many months ago. I don't know current status of this project. Perhaps project is stopped, similar like my translation project of "Death Or Glory" (no german translator for mission texts is available).
Old 21 October 2015, 13:38   #10
Kurtz
No right to judge him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Adan View Post
I sent italian text files to translator many months ago. I don't know current status of this project. Perhaps project is stopped.
Heck, if there are no news yet, I hereby commit to translate IN1999 myself! Shall we?

(I've subscribed to the thread so hopefully I won't miss new posts this time around!)
Old 05 November 2015, 01:48   #11
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Hey, being italian i might help, however am planning to do an homage game with GRAC once have enough time (and going more toward semi-serious approach)
Old 05 November 2015, 11:20   #12
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Never played the game, but I've translated quite a few games in the past (most are unreleased as I'm too lazy to finalise them ). Never touched an Amiga games before though when it comes to translating (mostly DOS, SNES and GBA - PSP as well) so it could be an interesting project for me!

How many lines of text are we talking about here? How long is the game itself? (As every good translation needs context awareness, I definitely need to finish the game before even thinking of translating it)

We could form a collaborative translation effort with a spreadsheet on Google Docs
Old 16 September 2017, 16:02   #13
Kurtz
No right to judge him.

Well, someone has finally completed it. A hintbook in Italian was compiled as a Scratchpad on http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Ita..._1999_Hintbook

It might be worth starting an actual Simulmondo wiki on Wikia and making this part of it, who knows.

By the way, the game is disseminated with red herrings - useless objects, useless courses of action, even useless interface commands... like it was supposed to be a much bigger game but was cut down.