English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 22 February 2018, 11:19   #801
earok

Honestly, yes.. I think I had Atlantis on an older collection (no longer available online). Mouse and some keyboard commands were mapped to the pad, though I remember hand-to-hand combat being painful, and of course there's no saving.

A LucasArts collection with a bunch of presaves would be well received I think, though unfortunately I don't have time for that now!
AdSense AdSense  
Old 10 July 2018, 21:47   #802
brigand

@earok: I downloaded your Flashback port from "vintageisthenewold". However it stucks (black screen) after the intro and the menu selection. Was there an updated version that can be downloaded somewhere or do you have a tip why it hangs?
Old 10 July 2018, 22:03   #803
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigand View Post
@earok: I downloaded your Flashback port from "vintageisthenewold". However it stucks (black screen) after the intro and the menu selection. Was there an updated version that can be downloaded somewhere or do you have a tip why it hangs?
Not that I can think of unless you've got FastRAM. I'd need to republish with a fix for that.
Old 11 July 2018, 09:03   #804
brigand

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
Not that I can think of unless you've got FastRAM. I'd need to republish with a fix for that.

I use a tf328 expansion card made by Stephen Leary (@terriblefire) with 8MB FastRam. Is there a fix for this I can apply myself (e.g. WHDLoad parameter or other config file tweaks)?
Old 11 July 2018, 09:27   #805
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigand View Post
I use a tf328 expansion card made by Stephen Leary (@terriblefire) with 8MB FastRam. Is there a fix for this I can apply myself (e.g. WHDLoad parameter or other config file tweaks)?
The Flashback disc uses the old "WHDLoadCD32" utility, which was freeware but crippled for anything that wasn't a standard CD32 (anything with FastRAM). It's possible to substitute with regular WHDLoad (especially now that regular WHDLoad is freeware these days).

But if you give me a couple of days I'll see what I can do about a re-release, there's a few things in that version of the disc that I should fix anyway.
Old 11 July 2018, 09:53   #806
brigand

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
The Flashback disc uses the old "WHDLoadCD32" utility, which was freeware but crippled for anything that wasn't a standard CD32 (anything with FastRAM). It's possible to substitute with regular WHDLoad (especially now that regular WHDLoad is freeware these days).

But if you give me a couple of days I'll see what I can do about a re-release, there's a few things in that version of the disc that I should fix anyway.

thanks man! looking forward to it
AdSense AdSense