English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 25 November 2012, 23:25   #1
egos

Amiga muSIC in a new video game

Hello every one.

Its my first post and i am a big fan of the amiga video game.
I search in the forum before and i didnt find an answer to my question.

I just FINISH a VIDEO GAME on HTML5 based on the background of shadow of the beast. A tribute

I try to find the legal owner of shadow of the beast music .

If you have some advice its will be really appreciate

Sorry for my english

Egos

edit because huge condusion

Last edited by egos; 18 January 2013 at 02:40.

Old 26 November 2012, 21:09   #2
egos

Last edited by egos; 18 January 2013 at 02:40.

Old 26 November 2012, 23:24   #3
Amiga1992

Your attitude leaves a lot to be desired. Would you like someone taking your work and selling it without you getting any money off it, or not even being notified?? Because that is exactly what you are doing.

NO, you CAN'T use that music for your project, commercial or not, without the permission of its original composer.
Not that or any other Amiga MOD file you find around. You NEED permission/agreement with the composer. SPECIALLY if the project is commercial!! you will have to at least PAY to him for use of the music. Just because you managed to download the MOD file for free doesn't mean you are free to use them whichever way you want. All those tunes are fully copyrighted and all rights retained by the composers.

SAME WITH THE GRAPHICS. You can't go out and take people's work, bundle it together and release it, specially NOT commercially!!!!!!!! What is wrong with you?

David Whittaker might be represented by Chris Abbot of C64audio.com. Try getting a hold of him through there. But suffice to say, you are doing things extremely wrong and it's quite offensive to those who created the work you are basically ripping off.

This is what ticks me off the most:
Quote:
Originally Posted by egos View Post
The idea its i love shadow of the beast (like a lot of people) and you can be sure that if i can remix the music by myself i do it but the code+debug + sprites take me 5 month of big job
Yeah of course, doing things on your own is hard, but that is most of the point of doing things. Stealing is not a solution. 5 months?! Do you have any idea how long it took to make these games most times? Lot more than that. And if you need help, you can collaborate with graphic artists/musicians. But no, you decided to rip off someone else's hard work. Yeah, because it's easier. We understand!
Old 01 December 2012, 08:21   #4
Hewitson

I'd agree with the above post if this game is going to be a commercial product. However, I doubt that is the case. I don't see a problem with using the music/graphics in a freeware product.
Old 01 December 2012, 14:00   #5
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
I'd agree with the above post if this game is going to be a commercial product. However, I doubt that is the case. I don't see a problem with using the music/graphics in a freeware product.
The original poster says in his post that it will be a commercial product.

Even if it is freeware, the music and graphics are copyrighted by their creators, it is a matter of code, respect and good taste to ask for permission to use them.
Old 17 January 2013, 10:00   #6
egos

OH i as read my post that a source of big confusion, and when i read your answer i realize this complete not what i want to explain
I am afraid of your reaction but i understand so SORRY for my bad post its my fault .....

pls if you can just read this and forgot the original post

1) I dont sell anything with copyright and i dont do this
2) I WANT TO PAY THE RIGHT !!!!!!!!
3) For the sprite I made them BY MYSELF. their are completely different than the original.
4) My intention is just to make a tribute to SOBT if i am evil i am stupid evil to make reference in SOBT in the game ( its legal)....
5) at this time there are nothing under copyright in my game

The only thing i wanted finally its :

can you help me to find the owner for music FOR PAY HIM !!!!!!?

Why because its hard ... yes hard to find a musician who can reproduce the ambiance of SOBT
After some try PREFER to buy the right becasue music is the best part of SOBT and i think its possible to give people curiosity about SOTB.
Maybe its not clear......

thanks for the site but I didnt understand why Chris Abbot is the legal owner, i understood with a specialsit of game industriy that the music is a property of editor (but i send a mail to shop@c64audio.com) we will see
And i contact a avocat (a french one with no mistake ) of international copyrigth for video game who can help me to find the owner maybe SONY CE ... a french one with no mistake

If you can forgive this mistake maybe you can give me advice to find the legal owner

Thank in advance and sorry for the confusion