English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 13 June 2018, 13:08   #181
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by roc View Post
I have just updoaded the files. In the readme you can find all the info

Good to know about the HstWB option, from now on I will be selecting it all the times.
Great, where did you upload the files?
Old 13 June 2018, 18:26   #182
RoC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhead97 View Post
Great, where did you upload the files?

In a fork of your Github page. I am new with that tool, so I am sending a message with the link through a private message.
Old 22 June 2018, 14:28   #183
Viceroy

I've finally found some time to start and get this up and running, which is the easiest way to start as there seems to be a lot of tutorials, I have downloaded all the files related to the installs 1 - 5?
Old 22 June 2018, 22:05   #184
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by roc View Post
In a fork of your Github page. I am new with that tool, so I am sending a message with the link through a private message.
Thanks, I will take a look at your fork.
Old 22 June 2018, 22:20   #185
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
I've finally found some time to start and get this up and running, which is the easiest way to start as there seems to be a lot of tutorials, I have downloaded all the files related to the installs 1 - 5?
The easiest option is to choose one of the prebuild self install images at either 4GB, 8GB or 16GB.

Then before you start you need relevant files ready: Workbench 3.1 adf files, Kickstart rom files and Retroplay WHDLoad packs for demos and games. The new prepare self install tutorial can help you Prepare-self-install-tutorial get through the steps needed.

When all of these files are ready you can run self install. A new tutorial can also help you there Run-self-install-tutorial running a self install image.

The only part missing from run self install tutorial, is user package installation and this is very similar to package installation.

---

Last 2 weeks has given crazy work load and too little time for HstWB Installer project.

Next step is still to get v1.2.0-BETA5 released and it's all there now. I only need to make the release of prebuild self install images and HstWB Installer.
Old 23 June 2018, 06:56   #186
Viceroy

Great, thanks Cyberhead ;-)
Old 23 June 2018, 19:19   #187
RoC

Quote:

Last 2 weeks has given crazy work load and too little time for HstWB Installer project.

Next step is still to get v1.2.0-BETA5 released and it's all there now. I only need to make the release of prebuild self install images and HstWB Installer.

Real life comes always first. Take your time, beta 4 is already very good
Old 08 July 2018, 20:59   #188
gururise

I think I may have found a bug in 1.2.0-BETA4 when installing OS3.9 + ClassicWB_OS39.

My Settings:

Installation of OS3.1 works fine.
Installation of OS3.9 seemingly works; however, when UAE reboots and attempts to install Boing Bags, I get the error "Unable to open your tool ASyncWB":

Last edited by DamienD; 08 July 2018 at 21:06. Reason: Images reduced in size...
Old 09 July 2018, 09:00   #189
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururise View Post
I think I may have found a bug in 1.2.0-BETA4 when installing OS3.9 + ClassicWB_OS39.

My Settings:

Installation of OS3.1 works fine.
Installation of OS3.9 seemingly works; however, when UAE reboots and attempts to install Boing Bags, I get the error "Unable to open your tool ASyncWB":

The issue is more related to the packages selected.

BetterWB, HstWB and ClassicWB OS39 are all Workbench enhancements, so if you're installing all 3 these might conflict each other.

If you going for installation of Amiga OS 3.9, Boing Bags and ClassicWB OS39, then deselect BetterWB and HstWB.

This probabaly needs to be prevented by HstWB Installer to at least give a warning about multiple Workbench enhancement packages are selected.

Please try and deselect BetterWB and HstWB and retry, then let me know if that solves it.
Old 10 July 2018, 22:29   #190
cyberhead97

Great news, HstWB Installer v1.2.0-BETA5 is now released at https://hstwb.firstrealize.com with following new downloads available:
  • 4GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.2.0-BETA5
  • 8GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.2.0-BETA5
  • 16GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.2.0-BETA5
  • Amibian v1.4.1001 img preconfigured with HstWB self install HDF image v1.2.0-BETA5
  • HstWB Installer v1.2.0-BETA5 MSI Installer
  • HstWB Installer v1.2.0-BETA5 Portable

The website has been given a major "facelift" to make it more appealing to visitors and professional looking.

Basically this release is as final as it gets. It only needs updated documentation and readmes. There is of course room for bugfixes before going stable.
Old 10 July 2018, 22:44   #191
DamienD
Banned

Extremely great work there cyberhead97

As I've said before in this thread; the amount of work / tweaking / testing you've put into this is outstanding!!!

Well done indeed and thanks for sharing with the community
Old 11 July 2018, 07:56   #192
Valken

Great job! Now I need to free up some HD space to test this!
Old 16 July 2018, 19:08   #193
RoC

Quote:
Great news, HstWB Installer v1.2.0-BETA5 is now released at https://hstwb.firstrealize.com with following new downloads available:.

Great news

Downloading the 16GB image..
Old 23 July 2018, 11:10   #194
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Fantastic effort, thanks for your hard work!

I am a bit sad though that I have to use my PC to be able to use it instead of my main computer (a Mac) but I suspect converting from PowerShell to a multiplatform language would be a huge task. :'(
Old 23 July 2018, 11:32   #195
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat View Post
Fantastic effort, thanks for your hard work!

I am a bit sad though that I have to use my PC to be able to use it instead of my main computer (a Mac) but I suspect converting from PowerShell to a multiplatform language would be a huge task. :'(
Thanks, Using HstWB Installer is unfortunately Windows only. MacOS and Linux users will have to use the prebuild self install images and they have all the same packages included. HstWB Installer is only needed for smoothing installation of an image or build own self install images.

I do want a more cross platform version of HstWB Installer, so v2.0 will be rewritten in Python. It will also get a GUI for more user friendly use and the console version will still be available for platforms without UI, e.g. a Linux console.

Rewriting HstWB Installer in Python is big task, but thats where I want take it for best support.

This summer I will be finalizing HstWB v1.2.0 where remaining parts are updating documentation and tutorials. Then I will start working on v2.0.
Old 31 August 2018, 20:22   #196
cyberhead97

HstWB Installer v1.2.0-BETA6 has been released and is available for download at https://hstwb.firstrealize.com.

It has actually been out a few weeks at github and made public at hstwb website yesterday.

Latest beta fixes issues with hstwb setup image script creating incorrect directories for self install images.

I have also created 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB self install images ready for use.

Amibian image has also been updated and have also recorded a new youtube video [ Show youtube player ] showing how to prepare usb self install files for HstWB Installer on Amibian.
Old 31 August 2018, 20:42   #197
RoC

Quote:
HstWB Installer v1.2.0-BETA6 has been released and is available for download at https://hstwb.firstrealize.com.

It has actually been out a few weeks at github and made public at hstwb website yesterday.

Latest beta fixes issues with hstwb setup image script creating incorrect directories for self install images.

I have also created 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB self install images ready for use.

Amibian image has also been updated and have also recorded a new youtube video [ Show youtube player ] showing how to prepare usb self install files for HstWB Installer on Amibian.

Thanks

Already downloaded it in various flavours (16, 8 and 4 gigs)
Old 23 September 2018, 15:26   #198
high-5
Zone Friend

Hi, just started digging into this.
My goal is to create hdf files with selected games/demos to run in an emulator on a PS Vita (https://github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases/tag/1.70).
It supports up to 4 hdf files <2GB.
Would HstWB allow me to create one hdf incl. WB and three others just with plain whdload packages?
Old 24 September 2018, 23:29   #199
high-5
Zone Friend

Wow, I harldy can imagine how many hours went into this.
Thanks a lot cyberhead97!

16GB install went fine (v1.2.0-BETA6), still fighting to get all the whdload userpackages to work with the launchers.

One error that keeps popping up when starting the finished installation is the attached one regarding workbench.library and AmiDock. (Classic WB P96)

EDIT: another observation, rom.key is not copied to devs/Kickstarts although it is in kickstarts-source dir
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt-1.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	59966  

Last edited by high-5; 25 September 2018 at 15:34.
Old 03 October 2018, 14:18   #200
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by high-5 View Post
Wow, I harldy can imagine how many hours went into this.
Thanks a lot cyberhead97!

16GB install went fine (v1.2.0-BETA6), still fighting to get all the whdload userpackages to work with the launchers.

One error that keeps popping up when starting the finished installation is the attached one regarding workbench.library and AmiDock. (Classic WB P96)

EDIT: another observation, rom.key is not copied to devs/Kickstarts although it is in kickstarts-source dir
high-5, thanks for using HstWB Installer.

I will examine the issue with Cloanto Amiga Forever rom.key doesn't get copied both for install and self install modes.

There is quite some traffic on the HstWB Installer website with following data transfered for the last couple of months:
- September 2018: ~250GB.
- August 2018: ~305GB.
- July 2018: ~218GB.
- June 2018: ~75GB.
- May 2018: ~145GB.

This is really nice to see confirming that there is an interest in the project