Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 14 June 2019, 12:53   #41
amipal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Using Wayback Machine, out of these 2 files:

The only I can get is the second one...

Have a look in The Zone!
Thank you DamienD! I'll get those files over to my 1200 once my SD card adaptor arrives!
Old 16 September 2019, 16:13   #42
vroom6sri

I found myself spending an hour or so playing AB3D yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. The technical aspects of the game still seem to surprise me - the water effect, the way that you drop slower through really deep water and sounds deaden underwater, the fire effects on some levels and the explosions from the barrels and the size of some of the levels are impressive let alone the fact that it is a true 3D world unlike in Doom. But I feel maybe it would have benefited from a more simple game engine and, at times, the level design is impeded by the game engine such as not being able to see what is shooting you at the top or bottom of a flight of stairs or a ledge.
IMHO the demo level layout was as near to perfect for the game engine as was possible (and I still prefer the feel of the demo) but it is still a good game.
Old 17 September 2019, 09:24   #43
redblade
Zone Friend

Also with the Alien Breed 3D engine the enemies are 4 directions not 8 like Gloom. Good fast engine though, too bad there is no map/graphics editor for it. A Look Up/Down and mouse option would of been great.
Old 19 April 2024, 21:10   #44
vroom6sri

Sorry for the thread resurrection but does anyone know if there is a secret in the demo triggered when you first walk inside the complex and if so what and where it is? There’s a sound effect that plays whenever you enter or leave through that main door.