English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 23 June 2018, 16:43   #21
Foebane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
Demos are only run very occasionally. Most people who use DOpus would run it almost every time the machine was booted.

What I'm getting at, is it would be nice to eliminate the script you're currently using to run it. It's simply unnecessary (as is a temporary directory on what is already a temporary drive!)
Not on my PC, they're not. I'm always watching demos. I'm obsessed with Amiga demos.

The script is there because I'm following Meynaf's advice in post #9, and because I may as well include the DOpus execute sequence too, all in one go.

EDIT: Come to think of it, Hewitson, you remind me of a time I wanted to autorun DOpus at startup. The thread still exists here, and I think I might go back to that idea. I wouldn't need an icon for the script, I wouldn't need to modify .backdrop and it would save a double-click.

Last edited by Foebane; 23 June 2018 at 17:18.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 23 June 2018, 18:02   #22
Foebane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane View Post
I've got this working script, and along with starting DOpus in the new folder in RAM:, it's worked fine:

Code:
MAKEDIR RAM:DemoZone
ASSIGN DOpus: SYS:Programs/DirOpus4
SYS:Programs/DirOpus4/DirectoryOpus
I think having to have those two lines just to run DOpus is a bit much, however. But the Assign line IS needed, it seems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
You should have the DirOpus assign in S:User-Startup.
I've just now moved my above script to the end of User-Startup, as per some helpful advice, as I was always running the script every time I restarted WB anyway, so it saves a double-click and is even better now.
AdSense AdSense