English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 11 April 2016, 17:42   #1
Trustman60

Amiga Emulators

Hi I am Ron and new to this forum having justjoined today, so a big hello to everyone from mself and my family.

I have been using Amiga Forever and WinUae as emulators which i purchased from a website. Amiga Forever i find ok but a game i like Historyline 1914-18 has seven ADF image files. And I need to know about using multi disks on either emulator plus saving games on the Amiga Forever or WinUae as i find after formatting a image using WinUae neither program seem to reconise the formatted image. I would be grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction and thank them in advance for any help the can give me.

Old 11 April 2016, 18:14   #2
zardoz
Zone Friend

Hello Trustman, There are so many folk in the Amiga community who make this site and the emulators it seems unfair to single anyone or anything out, but...

Have a look at FS-UAE by Frode Soldhiem. There are a couple of front ends packaged with it, FS-UAE-Launcher and FS-UAE-Arcade.

The launcher can appear a bit daunting at first - there is on-line help for it - you'll need to connect it up to the Open Amiga Game Database and it will download the configuration files you'll want to pretty well every game there was, then scan your hard disk for floppy images and more.

Then you can play History Line without disk swapping (I hope). If it's Hard Disk installable you can do just that in an emulated hard drive, otherwise there's a package called WHDLoad which allows you to play floppy games from a hard drive. One way or another, floppy disks can be banished.
Old 11 April 2016, 19:01   #3
Trustman60

Many thanks for your reply and information.

Old 11 April 2016, 20:58   #4
Anubis
Retro Gamer

There is WHDLoad you can use with that game, and there will be no disk swapping at all.

From what I remember, History Line even had its own HD installer. (I remember playing it back on Amiga500+ with HD, as I never recall switching disks for that game.)

So any Workbench set HD, just install game and run it, or use WHDLoad (With FS-UAE as suggested by zardoz to avoid installing everything yourself)

If you have issue with any of those, let us know, I am sure someone will be able to help you.
Old 12 April 2016, 12:14   #5
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
So any Workbench set HD, just install game and run it, or use WHDLoad (With FS-UAE as suggested by zardoz to avoid installing everything yourself)
Just to add that there are a load of pre Installed WHDLoad games that you just unpack to a directory and use a WinUAE based emulator to play.