English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Modules

Old 09 December 2008, 02:38   #21
Kola

Do I have to have 2.0 installed to run this?

Each time I try I get a workbench 2.0 is full error from winUAE and I have tried with many different sets of files.

This is quite annoying as Ill never use WB 2 again.

Is it possible to run the TFMX editor any other way, possibly not having to have a hard drive install?

Ive been on with this for around 6 hours now. Wondering if I should just cut my loss's. I like making music not trying to get winUAE to work and to me its just a bi product of the end result. I dont mean this to sound ungrateful but im getting fed up of needing to be a winUAE super tech in the vain hope I can get the notes of turrican 1
Old 09 December 2008, 11:22   #22
Kola

@ Cyber Druid

Hi m8, I have finally got an A3000 emulated via UAE

I have followed your instructions in post 12

"Copy the files from the 'devs/keymaps' folder in your systems 'devs/keymaps' folder first. Then open a shell window (inside the 'System' drawer is the icon for it) and type 'cd TFMX_v2.2'. After that start it with 'tfmxed1'."

When I open shell and type "cd TFMX_v2.2" it tells me

"4.System.HDF:> cd TFMX_v2.2
object not found"

Any ideas?
Old 09 December 2008, 11:27   #23
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Where have you copied the folder from the lha archive to? It seems it's not on the root of your '4.System.HDF' HD.
Old 09 December 2008, 11:34   #24
Kola

Ah right, got it. My fault as ever lol

Ok now it finds the file and I get

5.system.HDF: TFMX_v2.2>

I type in "tfmxed1" and get

"unknown command"

The file does exist in the directory as I have opened it via windows and looked.
Old 09 December 2008, 11:41   #25
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

When you are in the folder, type in 'dir' and look if the file 'tfmxed1' shows up. If it does, we have a real problem
Old 09 December 2008, 11:50   #26
Kola

I se whats happened. The folder TMFX_v2.2 is in my hard disk dir on UAE. However within TMFX_v2.2 is yet another TMFX_v2.2 with all the files in.

So if I put TMFX_v2.2/TMFX_v2.2> dir then I get access to all the files.

Got it working so far. The program works.

I would like to publicly thank you Cyber Druid. Your very kind devoting your time to helping others. a big THANK YOU
Old 09 December 2008, 11:55   #27
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kola View Post
I se whats happened. The folder TMFX_v2.2 is in my hard disk dir on UAE. However within TMFX_v2.2 is yet another TMFX_v2.2 with all the files in.

So if I put TMFX_v2.2/TMFX_v2.2> dir then I get access to all the files.

Got it working so far. The program works.

I would like to publicly thank you Cyber Druid. Your very kind devoting your time to helping others. a big THANK YOU
Glad to hear you got it working No problem (I'm also into tracker programs and currently starting with ReNoise ) Would be cool to see how you get along with remixing the Turrican tunes and of course to hear some results
Old 09 December 2008, 11:57   #28
Kola

Well now that I have that sorted heres a new set of problems.

Nothing will load or save

I get a screen saying "warning! The disk you have acessed has an error"

Think ill go remix something else
Old 09 December 2008, 13:13   #29
hit

same here, using kickstart 2.04 and workbench 2.x. tried with attached folder as a device (dh0) and with hardfile only (dh0). always the yellow warning. same with TFMX 1.5.
not providing a standard file-requester right from the start (wb 1.0) was one of the biggest issues ever :/
Old 09 December 2008, 13:29   #30
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Well now that I have that sorted heres a new set of problems.

Nothing will load or save

I get a screen saying "warning! The disk you have acessed has an error"

Think ill go remix something else
Will have a look later if I can get it to work...
Old 09 December 2008, 13:43   #31
Kola

Whatever hit said bafles me but he sounds like he knows whats going on but not sure he has a solution.

OFF TOPIC Renoise is a great program for PC cyberdruid. But to me its no different from the first 32 channel trackers that was able to control external MIDI synths.

I cant abide soft synths and worse, I find mixing down via a mouse and keyboard more annoying than.... er... Setting up TMFX editors

I only use hardware so most of renoises features and anything past Cubase 2.1 (atart ST) or Music X or Bars and Pipes or mid 90's Amiga trackers are wasted on me.
My set up would baffle many youngster these days who probs are not even away hardware exists or ever did.
I have a few synths, a mixer, a sampler and an effects unit. And never would I swap it for a soft studio.
Mind im not knocking the softwatre approach as many a good tune has come from this virtual environment. Just doesnt suit me at all. I like to have fun, and sitting with a mouse and keyboard isnt fun to me.

However, back to reniose - If you like soft synths and soft studios then renoise will suite you perfectly.
Old 09 December 2008, 18:58   #32
hit

unfortunatly no solution. maybe someone with winua debugger skills could find the issues. but maybe some simple setting tweaks in winua. maybe another rom. not sure yet.

the trouble with the file-requester/chooser: there wasnt one before arp and reqtools. so people writing apps, have to create one from scratch ( there was som window-behavior, which could set to requester mode, IIRC). anyway. this leads to the situation as we now see in TFMX, where such simple things, like opening a file-chooser, became sort of nightmare :/

Edit: kickstart 1.3 and wb 1.3 fails also (68000 and 68020 with 1MB, Full ECS tested). starting from shell, just comes back to shell prompt without any message (tested TFMX 1.5 and 2.2)

Last edited by hit; 09 December 2008 at 19:16.
Old 09 December 2008, 19:10   #33
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Same here with the 'disk has an error' Damn, there must be a way to get that bloody thing working
Old 09 December 2008, 19:26   #34
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I found a solution
Download the 'TFMX_v2.2.dms' from the link in my first post and grab the 'Turrican_Songs' archive from the zone. Use the A500 most common quickstart and put the editor in DF0: and the song disk in DF1:. Start the action It takes a while to load, but once inside the editor if you press 'Load Song' and select 'DF1' (and wait a bit ) you can open the Turrican songs
Old 09 December 2008, 20:28   #35
Kola

Oh my god!!!

You mean I have to set winUAE up yet again???

Thanks tons for finding a solution and for fiinaly getting this working but I may well give it a few days before I go through that again
Old 09 December 2008, 20:30   #36
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Oh my god!!!

You mean I have to set winUAE up yet again???
You're not telling me that you've deinstalled it, do you?
Don't worry, because this time you won't have to install Workbench again. Just simply install WinUAE, scan your roms and load the disks. Should take about 5 minutes
Old 27 February 2009, 20:02   #37
mai

I have just found a remix of Turrican World1 subsong1 in Promizer2.0 format,
used in a intro by "DCS", sounds good.
Wizball (1988)(Ocean)[cr Interpol][f AGA DCS]
Its probably easy to convert to real Protracker.
Old 28 February 2009, 02:19   #38
BuZz

Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
I know you said you didn't want remixes, but this is quite close to the original (but in 4 channels)

http://www.exotica.org.uk/mediawiki/...for=&col=&ins=

also check out other turrican mods (remixes sure but sill might be of interest):

http://www.exotica.org.uk/mediawiki/...cker&col=&ins=

there might be more. you can search for "turrican" in the instrument names of all protracker/xms (which is a feature i'm rather proud of ;-) ).
Old 20 January 2011, 18:35   #39
Lachdanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
I found a solution
Download the 'TFMX_v2.2.dms' from the link in my first post and grab the 'Turrican_Songs' archive from the zone. Use the A500 most common quickstart and put the editor in DF0: and the song disk in DF1:. Start the action It takes a while to load, but once inside the editor if you press 'Load Song' and select 'DF1' (and wait a bit ) you can open the Turrican songs
Hello, I know this is an old thread but where do I grab that "'Turrican_Songs' archive from the zone"? I assume it's an adf/dms disk image that contains the songs right? I got UAE and TFMX_v2.2 working but missing the disk that contains the songs :P

Thanks

Old 20 January 2011, 19:39   #40
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Have a look at the upper right part of this page for a 'The Zone!' link. Also you might want to have a look here : http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=vb_...ezone_faq_item