English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL data problems

Old 14 September 2012, 10:56   #1
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Asterix: Operation Getafix / Aster & the Big Fight

http://hol.abime.net/3365

Was just taking some screenshots of this game and noticed that if you wait for the title screen to finish it actually displays "And the Big Fight"

http://postimage.org/image/dp6ezydgp/

Think it should be added to HOL as another name for it?
Old 14 September 2012, 11:08   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

"Operation Getafix" was the title of the move that was based on the comic "The Big Fight" (thank you Wiki )

@lilalurl
Your turn now
Old 14 September 2012, 12:43   #3
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Actually:
First there were two Astérix comics:
Asterix and the Big Fight (Le Combat des chefs) and Asterix and the Soothsayer (Le Devin).

It seems like when they decided to make a new movie, they merged scenarios of both (and probably changed/added a few things). The movie was called Asterix and the Big Fight (Astérix et le Coup du menhir).

They also made a comics adaptation of the movie (a special issue, non-canon), called Astérix et le Coup du menhir in French-speaking country, like the movie, but it seems like they decided to call this special issue as Operation Getafix.

Two hypoteses:
- if the game was programmed in English by Cocktel, they might have decided to originally tie it with the movie but later decided to link to the comic book.

- more probably in my opinion, Cocktel programmed in French and when the translator(s) worked on it, they had diverging pieces of information.

I'll try this week-end to play the French version (supposing a dump is available) to see what happens.

As for adding an alternative name, as I can't remember a similar case, I think I will leave the top team decide. It might even be worth a name change if in-game the only name given to the game is Asterix and the Big Fight, even if all the other elements (box, disks) mention Operation Getafix.
Old 18 June 2013, 18:23   #4
mai

You have spanish box and diskscan, so this title was published in spanish language too.
Ingame title and title on Box differs too.
ingame = Asterix y Operacion Menhir.